Menu

What's with the ads?

WendyAndMilo

Whiney little moment...

DS got sick again last Wednesday.  Started with a sore throat and 102 fever.  Now it sounds like a sinus infection/several allergies with a bad cough.  He’s doing a lot better but still coughing.

Guess what I came down with Monday night?  Yup.  But Instead of a fever, I just threw up.  (And when you are cleaning up your own puke at 2:30am, it’s actually a blessing to a have a sinus infection too because then you can’t smell anything!) And I’ve lost my voice on top of that.

My final class is tomorrow morning; it requires a 1/2 mile walk and I can barely breathe.  And there is no masking the fact that I am sick and I have to give a presentation ...with no voice.  I wish I could fake being not sick but seriously, if I go two minutes without blowing my nose, snot starts running down my face.

So this is how I am spending the 4 day break I have between the spring semester and the summer semester 😞

I want to cry...

• Sad 10

(((WendyAndMilo))))

You poor thing! Here--you need the bunny slippers!

image.png.ceb71ab3184d78ed5d81bf13ee6d39cd.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh, that is absolutely awful for you! 

Is the half mile walk part of the class, or to get to the class ?

Hope you get through the presentation OK.

• Like 1

I’m so sorry — that’s just awful!

I’m not usually one to recommend nasal sprays like Afrin, but in a case like this, it could really help you get through the day tomorrow, as well as help keep your nose clear so maybe you can get some much-needed sleep tomorrow night. I think Walmart might have an Equate brand knockoff version that’s a lot cheaper, too. 

I hope you can rest tonight and that you are feeling much better by tomorrow morning, and that your son’s cough goes away soon, too. But if you are still super-sick, can you contact your professor and see if you can give your presentation to him or her privately when you’re feeling a bit better? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StellaM said:

Oh, that is absolutely awful for you! 

Is the half mile walk part of the class, or to get to the class ?

Hope you get through the presentation OK.

It’s to get to the class.

8 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I’m not usually one to recommend nasal sprays like Afrin, but in a case like this, it could really help you get through the day tomorrow, as well as help keep your nose clear so maybe you can get some much-needed sleep tomorrow night. I think Walmart might have an Equate brand knockoff version that’s a lot cheaper, too. 

I hope you can rest tonight and that you are feeling much better by tomorrow morning, and that your son’s cough goes away soon, too. But if you are still super-sick, can you contact your professor and see if you can give your presentation to him or her privately when you’re feeling a bit better? 

No, it’s part of our group project and all the members of the group have to be there and then there is an assignment afterwards.

I’ll see about going up to the store...

Edited by WendyAndMilo
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WendyAndMilo said:

It’s to get to the class.

Any chance of a lift ?

Feel better soon x

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I am so sorry! Hope this will be short term for you!

But with a class - yeah - I agree with Catwoman, just throw everything you can at the symptoms and power through. Hydrate hydrate hydrate, hot tea and steamy showers. Our doc says Afrin is safe for up to 4 days in combination with other things. 

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 4

Not sure if you are the praying type but I will say one for you. Hope you and your son kick this crud quickly. 

• Like 2

Sinus rinse solutions really help when I get a sinus infection.  I like the bottles and easy mix pack at Costco.  But you can find recipes on Google for saline nasal rinse recipe.  It is boiled water (for 3 min so you don't get brain eating amoeba), salt, and baking soda.  Go easy on salt because too much can be irritating.  Mix, cool, and tip head and pour into nose while still warm.  It helps clear a lot out.  I usually do steamy shower, then nasal rinse, then flonase.  Flonase takes several days to work, so maybe you would do better with other sprays recommended.  I start flonase as soon as I star feeling off or if any kids start sniffling. 

Sudafed helps dry things out, and I take ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.  And I drink a lot of water and tea with fresh ginger.  And antibiotics always help me, so I would recommend seeing doc.  I hate the misery of a sinus infection.

Take care and feel better!

• Like 1

That sounds just awful.  I hope you have a little relief today.  

Can you get a lift for the 1/2 mile?  Or is it walking on campus?

• Like 1

Sending you virtual hot steamy cuppa tea and a non sleep inducing decongestant.  Get well soon! And good luck with your presentation.

Thinking of you today and hoping you’re feeling much better than you were last night. 

• Like 1

I took a Claritin last night since I couldn't get the energy up to go to the store for any of the other recommendations.  It stopped the runny nose enough that I was able to make it through class (which turned out to only be 1 hour instead of 2.5 hours).  So that was good.  I took a really hot shower this morning and drank hot tea on the way to class.

I don't know that I'm feeling any better...my energy seems to be lower today - if that's even possible - and my chest is incredibly tight.  

The presentation went OK; I was able to squeak out one word, but the rest of the group did the presenting.  99% sure I got at least a C on the project.

Thanks for letting me whine.

• Like 4

I’m glad you made it through the presentation, but I’m worried that you still feel so awful. Do you think you might need to see a doctor? The chest tightness concerns me and I’m wondering if you might need an antibiotic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I’m glad you made it through the presentation, but I’m worried that you still feel so awful. Do you think you might need to see a doctor? The chest tightness concerns me and I’m wondering if you might need an antibiotic.

I'm considering it.  At this point, it seems to be taking a different direction than DS's sickness.

• Like 2

Do you have a fever? I know you didn’t have one at first, so hopefully you haven’t developed one.

Edited by Catwoman

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Do you have a fever? I know you didn’t have one at first, so hopefully you haven’t developed one.

I do not have one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WendyAndMilo said:

I do not have one.

Just checking in to see how you’re feeling today.

24 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Just checking in to see how you’re feeling today.

A bit better I think.  Thanks 🙂

• Like 2