Menu

Supplementing a spiral curriculum with MM

Has anyone tried this? If so, which MM series did you use and how did you make it work?

Our current curriculum is working fine, but we have dabbled with MM for a bit here at the end of the year just to change things up, and the combination of the two seems to really work for ds. But I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how I'd schedule both for a whole year!

I have used a lot of topic specific MM to supplement.  I have never scheduled it alongside another curriculum, but rather bought the topics we needed and spent some time on that when my kids were stuck and needed more practice on a concept.  Division, fractions, and decimals were particularly helpful to us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kristin0713 said:

I have used a lot of topic specific MM to supplement.  I have never scheduled it alongside another curriculum, but rather bought the topics we needed and spent some time on that when my kids were stuck and needed more practice on a concept.  Division, fractions, and decimals were particularly helpful to us. 

This is how we've used MM. If dd is having difficulty with a particular topic, I will use it as another way to explain a concept, or for extra practice.

• Like 1