Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Scarlett

Missing Houston child

Recommended Posts

I agree that something smells fishy.... I hope the police are able to find her safe and figure out what has really happened.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The version of the story I read had the father in the pickup at one point. Then on the side of the road. It did not list anything about physical abuse allegations and I thought that was odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something is VERY off with it. Other articles report he did not show up at the hospital until 11 pm on Saturday, when he "woke up" at 6 pm without the daughter. 

VERY curious about the 5 hour delay from "waking up" to seeking treatment/reporting the daughter missing. 

Local station: https://abc13.com/missing-4-year-old-girl-removed-last-year-by-cps-officials/5287271/

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure the police are all over this.  Hopefully they get the truth soon.  Because this isn't it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told my dh last night that I expect they will arrest the stepdad. I hope I’m wrong and the child is found, but it’s a slim hope. 

[edited to add step to the dad, that’s what I originally meant.]

Edited by Seasider too
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I am sure the police are all over this.  Hopefully they get the truth soon.  Because this isn't it.

I hope so; some of the articles say he's not a suspect. Here's one with more info, too....
https://cw39.com/2019/05/06/missing-4-year-old-maleah-davis-had-been-removed-from-home-after-physical-abuse-allegations/

This article has a lot more info, with a lot more holes if you ask me. The stepdad claims he walked around trying to get help but no one stopped -- only, where he woke up is an area FULL of stores, fast food places, etc. I mean, it's literally nothing but shopping strips, shopping mall, everything. I do believe he'd have a hard time with people stopping on the road.....but there is no way he couldn't have walked into a store and asked for help in the matter of about 5 minutes. 

And I still really don't understand the delay in making it to the hospital. Even if he walked the entire way, there are urgent care places within a 20 minute walk of there, and a free standing ER literally across the freeway from where he says he woke up. It makes zero sense, at all. 

I really hope the police find the truth, soon. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he's driving to pick up mom at the airport and never gets there.  She gets someone else to drive her home, and isn't curious enough (24 hours) about her two missing children and husband to contact the police?

Fishy indeed.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, he was unconscious for maybe 8 or so hours with a toddler? What toddler would sleep quietly or stay safe in those reported conditions? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Monica_in_Switzerland said:

So, he's driving to pick up mom at the airport and never gets there.  She gets someone else to drive her home, and isn't curious enough (24 hours) about her two missing children and husband to contact the police?

Fishy indeed.

Reports are that she did notify police when he still didn't show up by the morning. She was returning from a funeral, and it *was* pretty late, so......maybe she gets a pass on that? Maybe he has a history of being out & about...? I don't know. She's sure steadfastly standing by him.....

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

Also, he was unconscious for maybe 8 or so hours with a toddler? What toddler would sleep quietly or stay safe in those reported conditions? 

He claims he was unconscious off & on for closer to 24 hours.....from the 9 pm airport run, to the 6 pm "waking up".  

There are so many holes it's ridiculous. I can only assume the police & media are handling it the way they are so as not to spook him, hope he relaxes, thinks they bought the story, and then he leads them to the "stolen" car, etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's also suspicious how the mom is talking about how this affects her, almost as if she cares more about her comfort than the possibilities of what happened (or is happening) to her child.  I have seen this before with child murders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like the more details I hear about this story, the more suspicious it sounds. That poor little girl. I hope and pray my fears are wrong and that she will be found safe. But I don’t trust the stepdad or the mom. Their stories don’t ring true to me at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was telling a friend this very same thing earlier. There are just WAY too many inconsistencies. His story makes no sense. What toddler would hang around for nearly 24 hours while he was in and out of consciousness, and never be noticed? And the mom? That's a whole 'nutter thing.

I am heartbroken for this little girl, and what has likely happened to her. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure the police don’t believe them.  Ugh.  It is all so sick and sad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local news reported last night that the stepdad IS a "person of interest" in the case. Hopefully they are getting close to figuring things out, and will have answers soon. 

I only wish and hope and pray she be found alive......it seems less and less likely the more details emerge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope she is found, and I hope the stepdad is innocent. He is the most likely suspect and his story is odd, but I still hope he is innocent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Meriwether said:

I hope she is found, and I hope the stepdad is innocent. He is the most likely suspect and his story is odd, but I still hope he is innocent.

Looking more & more unlikely on that one....the missing car was found today, near where the stepdad "woke up". It seems devoid of evidence. The mother was present when police were searching, the daughter is still missing, and the stepdad was not seen/has not been seen in a few days. 

The court also, in response to petitions by a relative & by CPS, issued an order yesterday that the mom & stepdad are to have no contact with the children currently at home (or the daughter, if/when she's found). 

This article has some/most of that info; an earlier one mentioned specifically that the kids had been re-removed by court order, this one leaves that out but includes other details. 

https://abc13.com/familys-car-yields-no-clues-to-where-maleah-davis-could-be/5292359/

This one has more info: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Search-resumes-for-missing-4-year-old-Maleah-Davis-13832113.php

Edited by TheReader
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh. And I just read in another article he was not a step father, but the mom’s boyfriend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Ugh. And I just read in another article he was not a step father, but the mom’s boyfriend. 

Yep, read that. 😞

Another article updated at 2:40-ish today says that dogs alerted to "human decay" in the trunk of the car, where the laundry basket was found. And that the "stolen in the abduction" car was the one used to drop him off at the hospital. 

So very sad; I hope he tells where to find the little girl's body, and that the truth comes out as to whether or not/how deeply the mom was involved. 

Oh, wow....now the mom (day after the car was found) is claiming they had a huge fight before she left town and believes he snapped. Quite the change from the beginning when she claimed not a single piece of her believed he could have been involved. 

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/local-news/mom-of-maleah-davis-makes-shocking-allegations-against-ex-fiance

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/prosecutor-dogs-detected-decomposition-in-maleah-davis-case

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheReader said:

 

So very sad; I hope he tells where to find the little girl's body, and that the truth comes out as to whether or not/how deeply the mom was involved. 

Oh, wow....now the mom (day after the car was found) is claiming they had a huge fight before she left town and believes he snapped. Quite the change from the beginning when she claimed not a single piece of her believed he could have been involved. 

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/local-news/mom-of-maleah-davis-makes-shocking-allegations-against-ex-fiance

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/prosecutor-dogs-detected-decomposition-in-maleah-davis-case

I only saw reports mom said they broke up, and she knew he was abusive.  So why'd you leave the child with him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:tears:

Just saw this - https://abc13.com/surveillance-photos-show-last-time-maleah-davis-seen-alive/5296700/

surveillance videos from the neighbors shows the last time she was seen alive was on the Tuesday prior to the alleged abduction, and the footage of him leaving with the son to allegedly head to the airport (when he alleges they were stopped/abducted), she did not leave with him.  In between is when he carried out the laundry basket with the full trash bag....

heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. 

Our county sheriff posted on FB they have helicopters over an area "helping Texas Equuesearch search an area"......while I certainly hope it's unrelated, I more hope they are able to find her body, charge the SOB, find out who all helped him/knew about it, and get closure for the uninvolved relatives who are actually mourning the loss of this sweet little girl. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I only saw reports mom said they broke up, and she knew he was abusive.  So why'd you leave the child with him?

 

Right???!!!!

I was afraid this is how things would play out. Next I expect we will see that the mother is complicit. I hope them pointing fingers at each other doesn’t make prosecution impossible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Ugh. And I just read in another article he was not a step father, but the mom’s boyfriend. 

I am SO sick of reading about children being murdered by the mother's boyfriend.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, TheReader said:

:tears:

Just saw this - https://abc13.com/surveillance-photos-show-last-time-maleah-davis-seen-alive/5296700/

surveillance videos from the neighbors shows the last time she was seen alive was on the Tuesday prior to the alleged abduction, and the footage of him leaving with the son to allegedly head to the airport (when he alleges they were stopped/abducted), she did not leave with him.  In between is when he carried out the laundry basket with the full trash bag....

heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking. 

Our county sheriff posted on FB they have helicopters over an area "helping Texas Equuesearch search an area"......while I certainly hope it's unrelated, I more hope they are able to find her body, charge the SOB, find out who all helped him/knew about it, and get closure for the uninvolved relatives who are actually mourning the loss of this sweet little girl. 

I hope they find her too.  while I can hope mom isn't complicit, at the very least, she knew he was abusive and left her child with him.  that should warrant some sort of charge.

I was recently reading about Kyron horman - it's almost a given it was the (never charged) stepmom, but it's been nearly 10 years and they've never found him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate statements like "the mother feels like she has failed her child".  Where does feel come into it?  If you leave your daughter with an adult you know to be angry with you and possibly violent and if that adult is not related to the child then you "have failed" the child.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest update....still searching, but temporarily suspended while waiting on flood waters to recede. 😞 😞 😞 

https://abc13.com/search-for-maleah-davis-temporarily-suspended/5301459/

In reading the article, I drove through that exact area Tuesday; I passed the searching ATVs (w/o realizing that's for sure who they were, I did suspect, as one had police lights). Y'all, they don't show it in the video, but the street they mention, 1452 (or something like that) still had water up to the edge of the road in many, many areas. If he did hide her body out there, it really is likely that she won't be found, especially with all the flooding. Or if she is, with no convictable evidence remaining, possibly. 

So incredibly sad. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 12:57 AM, kiwik said:

I hate statements like "the mother feels like she has failed her child".  Where does feel come into it?  If you leave your daughter with an adult you know to be angry with you and possibly violent and if that adult is not related to the child then you "have failed" the child.

This little girl, Maleah, was failed on more than one level, as with all children who end up murdered by a known person.

Last July/August she was taken to the hospital with a series of head injuries that culminated with a craniectomy to relieve pressure from a subdural hematoma. Her injuries were not consistent with explanations given to medical personnel.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheReader said:

Latest update....still searching, but temporarily suspended while waiting on flood waters to recede. 😞 😞 😞 

https://abc13.com/search-for-maleah-davis-temporarily-suspended/5301459/

In reading the article, I drove through that exact area Tuesday; I passed the searching ATVs (w/o realizing that's for sure who they were, I did suspect, as one had police lights). Y'all, they don't show it in the video, but the street they mention, 1452 (or something like that) still had water up to the edge of the road in many, many areas. If he did hide her body out there, it really is likely that she won't be found, especially with all the flooding. Or if she is, with no convictable evidence remaining, possibly. 

So incredibly sad. 

They don't need a body to get a conviction. 

That there is video of her entering his apartment,  but not leaving.. and video of him subsequently carrying a garbage bag in a basket.. and his story of the car/ truck falling apart, 

Don't need a body 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This story just disturbs me so much.  The most dangerous person for a child is an unrelated male involved with her mom. I wish they had been able to follow up on this better with the hospital visit.  I wonder if mom knew or bought whatever crap he told her 😭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

This story just disturbs me so much.  The most dangerous person for a child is an unrelated male involved with her mom. I wish they had been able to follow up on this better with the hospital visit.  I wonder if mom knew or bought whatever crap he told her 😭

That's the thing...it was more than one hospital visit with 2 different head injury locations. 

early July she was lethargic and vomitting blood; T&R. 

Late July, return to hospital with forehead lac.

8/1 return to hospital, transfer to another hospital for craniectomy. 

She & her brother were removed then, and returned to mother with monitoring in Feb.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

They don't need a body to get a conviction. 

That there is video of her entering his apartment,  but not leaving.. and video of him subsequently carrying a garbage bag in a basket.. and his story of the car/ truck falling apart, 

Don't need a body 

Oh, I hope you're right! So far they still have only charged him with tampering with a body, hopefully the charge for her murder comes soon. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

This story just disturbs me so much.  The most dangerous person for a child is an unrelated male involved with her mom. I wish they had been able to follow up on this better with the hospital visit.  I wonder if mom knew or bought whatever crap he told her 😭

yea, I really wonder how much the mom knew, and whether this was premeditated (knowing mom would be gone to her dad's funeral) or was an act/moment of anger that got away from him b/c mom wasn't there running whatever interference she may/may not have normally run. 

The way she reacted when she first got home (the very earliest reports quote her as saying no way he did this, she didn't for a moment suspect him, etc.) and then changed her tune somewhere along the way, and just.....all of it.....makes me wonder. I don't know if we'll ever learn the full truth. 😞 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, TheReader said:

yea, I really wonder how much the mom knew, and whether this was premeditated (knowing mom would be gone to her dad's funeral) or was an act/moment of anger that got away from him b/c mom wasn't there running whatever interference she may/may not have normally run. 

The way she reacted when she first got home (the very earliest reports quote her as saying no way he did this, she didn't for a moment suspect him, etc.) and then changed her tune somewhere along the way, and just.....all of it.....makes me wonder. I don't know if we'll ever learn the full truth. 😞 

 

Yes, and given the history here, it seems awfully odd that the mom originally acted like she didn’t suspect a thing. Her story doesn’t ring true to me at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

 

Yes, and given the history here, it seems awfully odd that the mom originally acted like she didn’t suspect a thing. Her story doesn’t ring true to me at all.

My gut instinct is that Maleah was killed by the ex-finance and mom together before the mom left town. And they came up with some ridiculous plan that he was supposed to pretend to be kidnapped, etc. 

Horrible. Considering what she had already lived through, it makes me ill to think of how she might have died. She was supposed to be wearing a helmet bc of her craniectomy. Poor little baby.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, unsinkable said:

My gut instinct is that Maleah was killed by the ex-finance and mom together before the mom left town. And they came up with some ridiculous plan that he was supposed to pretend to be kidnapped, etc. 

Horrible. Considering what she had already lived through, it makes me ill to think of how she might have died. She was supposed to be wearing a helmet bc of her craniectomy. Poor little baby.

 

I agree. I hate it that I’m thinking this way, but I’m wondering if the mom and her fiancé thought Maleah was too much trouble because of her medical issues and they felt she required too much care, so they wanted to be rid of her. 

It’s just awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Catwoman said:

 

I agree. I hate it that I’m thinking this way, but I’m wondering if the mom and her fiancé thought Maleah was too much trouble because of her medical issues and they felt she required too much care, so they wanted to be rid of her. 

It’s just awful.

That was my thought as well, the minute I learned she'd had the surgeries in the past. It's horrible either way, but......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the weekend, the suspect/boyfriend confessed to a local "civil rights activist" as to where he dumped the body. Officials there (it was dumped in Arkansas) were consulted, the bag was found, the remains confirmed as being that of a child, and the remains flown back here to Houston; the ME has confirmed yes, they are that of Maleah Davis. Cause of death is yet to be determined. He is currently claiming she died "in an accident." 

https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-remains-found-in-arkansas-those-of-missing-girl-/5327863/

I hope with this discovery they're able to bring further charges, and the family is able to have a proper burial for her soon. It's just so sad. 

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheReader said:

Over the weekend, the suspect/boyfriend confessed to a local "civil rights activist" as to where he dumped the body. Officials there (it was dumped in Arkansas) were consulted, the bag was found, the remains confirmed as being that of a child, and the remains flown back here to Houston; the ME has confirmed yes, they are that of Maleah Davis. Cause of death is yet to be determined. He is currently claiming she died "in an accident." 

https://abc13.com/maleah-davis-remains-found-in-arkansas-those-of-missing-girl-/5327863/

I hope with this discovery they're able to bring further charges, and the family is able to have a proper burial for her soon. It's just so sad. 

is that the same kind of "accident" that caused her to have a brain injury requiring multiple surgeries.....  

mom needs to be charged too.  she knew he was violent, and left her with him anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

is that the same kind of "accident" that caused her to have a brain injury requiring multiple surgeries.....  

mom needs to be charged too.  she knew he was violent, and left her with him anyway.

I would suspect so, yes. I really hope that there are enough remains to determine/prove cause of death and charge him accordingly; reports over the weekend were that the bag contained bones & blood. 😞 

And I agree, Mom should also face charges. I hope. It seems like, from the reactions/responses, she had to have known something had happened that weekend. Whether or not she was actually involved, or just trying to play along with his story, I don't know, but....her reactions felt so fishy all along. 

Possibly the brother/whoever that dropped him at the hospital, then helped him drop off his car at the parking lot later, etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gardenmom5 said:

is that the same kind of "accident" that caused her to have a brain injury requiring multiple surgeries.....  

mom needs to be charged too.  she knew he was violent, and left her with him anyway.

 

55 minutes ago, TheReader said:

I would suspect so, yes. I really hope that there are enough remains to determine/prove cause of death and charge him accordingly; reports over the weekend were that the bag contained bones & blood. 😞 

And I agree, Mom should also face charges. I hope. It seems like, from the reactions/responses, she had to have known something had happened that weekend. Whether or not she was actually involved, or just trying to play along with his story, I don't know, but....her reactions felt so fishy all along. 

Possibly the brother/whoever that dropped him at the hospital, then helped him drop off his car at the parking lot later, etc. 

 

I agree.

I tend to suspect that the mom was involved, because her story has seemed “off” right from the start. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...