Menu

Gardeners! Favorite gardening shows?

HS Mom in NC

Gardening is new to me, so I've been soaking in information and inspiration from the British patron saint of amateur gardeners, Monty Don. Have you seen this guy on Netflix?  I find him delightful.  I've binge watched him on Big Dreams, Small Spaces (DIY backyard gardening in England) and his garden tour shows in France and Italy. Squeee! I've also binge watched another backyard gardening show in England, Love Your Garden. 

Am I missing any other gems?  What are your favorites?  What are you going for in your own gardens?

I want a mix of cottage garden in my flower beds and around my quarter acresof fenced area, a permaculture food forest inside my fence, and woodland garden in the part of my property that is wooded and borders the wetland preserve behind us.....so a little bit of everything.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 11:48 PM, Ktgrok said:

We are watching the same shows, so no help I'm afraid. But he has seriously inspired us -to the detriment of my wallet but I'm telling myself it increases curb appeal for if/when we sell 🙂

I'm feeling your pain, so I think I need to study up on starting from seeds.

You could look with anything with Alan Titchmarsh (I see you've already watched Love Your Garden). He's the original British Patron Saint of amateur gardening! 

ETA: You could always watch Gardener's World if you have britbox on Amazon. Lots of Monty Don on that (and his golden retrievers!)

Edited by importswim
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluegoat said:

I like Monty Don too, I usually watch him on Gardener's World, which you can get on Youtube.  I also like Alys Fowler.  

I just discovered this show.  Now I have over 50 year's worth of binge watching in my future!  I wish I knew of a comparable American show.  It would need to be regional.  Is most of England in one or two growing zones? I like the weekly homework at the end. 😂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

I just discovered this show.  Now I have over 50 year's worth of binge watching in my future!  I wish I knew of a comparable American show.  It would need to be regional.  Is most of England in one or two growing zones? I like the weekly homework at the end. 😂 

We don't have anything comparable in Canada either.  I often try and watch when they are at a similar place in their season, plant wise.  So I'd be watching episodes with the daffs just out now, when they filmed them in March!