Menu

I’m astonished but I did not love The Greatest Showman

Ginevra

• 2 weeks later...

The story was just 'eh' for me as well.  But my young adult daughters loved it.  I am not sure why, but I was guessing it could be their take on 'you can be what you want'.  I was also wondering if this was from their exposure to classmates in high school coming out and being who 'they really are'. I could be totally wrong, but it hit me that at the time the movie was a hit, all of that was more in the forefront than in the past. I was just bewildered that I was not feeling the same excitement about the movie, like I was missing something. Maybe I still am!  😉

• Like 1

You're not the only one. There was so much hype and it looked like a decent movie but I found it quite lacking. i felt the story-telling was choppy and, like you, didn't give near enough information. I came out of there thinking, "What was everyone bragging about? It wasn't that great of a movie." Maybe, now that I think about it, the music may have been what made the movie so enthralling to people.  Kind of like "Frozen." that storyline was lacking, as well, but the music is fantastic!

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with The Greatest Showman either.

• Like 1

I thought it was an pretty poor film.  I didn't expect it to be realistic, but I was bored, I didn't finish watching it and I was stuck on an airplane for 6 hours.  I really didn't like the songs particularly, which is a problem in a musical.

The costumes and such were great, but not enough to watch the whole thing for.

• Thanks 1