Menu

What's with the ads?

tbog

Puppy pic inside ❤️

Back in 2017, I asked for help naming our boy Max. Unfortunately, we lost him suddenly this February to acute hemolytic anemia. I was devastated...he was my shadow. 

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned to dh that I was finally to a point where it didn’t hurt to think of losing Max, and occasionally I would glance at the shelter sites. 

Wednesday I saw this guy, and I fell in love. I showed dh, and it was the same. We brought him home Wednesday evening, and he’s made things interesting since. 😆

Meet Jukka...pronounced “you kuh”. Dh wanted a name that meant gift from God, and something about that name stood out. He’s a 9 week old Australian Shepherd. 

FF62166C-E389-4944-B6A8-2EFAD0713614.jpeg

• Like 45

Oh man, his little fluffy body is just so so cute!💕Congratulations! He looks like a fine pup. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Selkie said:

Oh my goodness, look at him!💕Aussies are the best!

Weve always loved herding breeds. My husband’s heart dog was a border collie, and that’s what his heart was set on till we found Jukka. We always rescue older dogs, so it’s been a while since we’ve had a puppy in the house. You forget how they go from 0-60 in two seconds. 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

He is cute! Have fun!! I know he will make things crazy for a while!!

• Like 1

How precious!  My best dog ever was my Aussie, she's the one in my profile pic.  Lost her a couple of years ago, miss her daily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizzie in Ma said:

How precious!  My best dog ever was my Aussie, she's the one in my profile pic.  Lost her a couple of years ago, miss her daily.

We are really starting to wonder if he’s a mini, or just a little guy. He was born 3/1, which made him 9 weeks Friday. I went to my vet Friday to get him an appointment, and I put him on the scale. He was only 6.25 lbs. I didn’t think much of it then, but got home and started looking at records for the Border Collie we used to have. She was much bigger at that age. Everything I see online confirms that he’s tiny. Not that I care either way, but I’m thinking someone didn’t know when they surrendered him. 

Oh My!  Too adorable.  Where do you live?  I want some puppy snuggles!! 

I always wanted an Aussie, but was afraid they were too smart for me.  Instead I have my labradoodle (mutt) who is still pretty high energy at 9 years old (who, when let off leash to greet a favorite neighbor, decided to take a run through all the adjacent back yards) before coming back for some loving.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dirty ethel rackham said:

Oh My!  Too adorable.  Where do you live?  I want some puppy snuggles!! 

I always wanted an Aussie, but was afraid they were too smart for me.  Instead I have my labradoodle (mutt) who is still pretty high energy at 9 years old (who, when let off leash to greet a favorite neighbor, decided to take a run through all the adjacent back yards) before coming back for some loving.  

Haha...we live in Iowa. Our Border Collie was SO smart and very loyal. I didn’t ever see myself getting another BC because she was just that special. We are seeing a lot of similarities with an Aussie.

We were told he was using puppy pads but wasn’t housebroken. Since Wednesday night, he has only (almost) had one accident. We figured out that it was actually a good thing though. When we take him out we tell him “go potty”. I asked yesterday morning if he needed to go potty, and he immediately crouched down. Thankfully I caught him before he went, but it told me he knows what it means. So now when I want him to go outside, I tell him “outside”, then tell him “potty” once he is out . He’s got the come and sit commands down 85% of the time, and has started to figure out his name. Now to get him to sleep past 3:30 am. 😂

Edited by tbog
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

We’re gonna need more pictures. 

All I can seem to get is sleeping pictures. That's the only time he isn't moving 100 mph, lol. Ive never seen an Aussie that is short haired unless it has been cut. 

• Like 1