Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Elizabeth86

Looking for encouragement/advice

Recommended Posts

I am about to wrap up my son's 2nd grade year.  I feel k-2 has gone well.  I have been a nervous wreck homeschooling my first with a lot of little ones underfoot.  I feel like it has been a learning experience discovering what I like and what he likes and what I feel my little ones need as far as homeschooling goes, but we have been pretty consistent and have done pretty well.  s.  🤨 I am just feeling a bit nervous thinking about 3rd grade.  It feels it is going to be a bit more rigorous and I'm just nervous thinking about getting it all don and doing first grade with my second and having a 4 and 1 1/2 year old too.  I am just wondering if what I have planned sounds about right?  Too much? Too little? What adjustments if any should I make.  I am also struggling to think about scheduling.  This is what I have planned out so far.  We will do mostly a 4 days schedule with a very light day on the 5th.

We will start the day with a short daily devotion.

Handwriting ZB Cursive (First Grader will be doing his handwriting too) 

BJU Math 3 which will be distance learning (I will be teaching ds 2 math at this time)

Playtime Outside if it is nice

Reading Time (outside if nice) ( I will do MP preschool enrichment with my DD3 (LOVE this BTW), DS 2 reads from his Abeka Reader, DS 3 reads with me (this year we will discuss MP literature guides orally) I will do a read aloud too.

Lunch

We watch something educational on tv while I rock the baby to sleep.  DD 3 might get some screen time while the baby is asleep.

While the baby is asleep I do abeka phonics & language lesson with ds 2.  DS 1 will be working on Spelling Workout.

Then I do FLL 3 with DS 1 while DS 2 does his seat work for abeka phonics, language & spelling

I do Memoria Press Enrichment for 1st with DS 2 and DS 1 will likely join in.

When the baby wakes up, DS 1 will do Veritas Press Self-Paced History New Testament & Ancient Greece & Rome

The boys will do Xtra math for math facts practice.

On the 5th day, ds 3 will do a spelling test, his history test before lunch and we do Apologia Exploring Creation with Astronomy during nap time.

DH will be in charge of my 3rd grader's writing composition.  I do not feel confident with my own writing composition and dh is an excellent writer.  He will be doing MP's introduction to composition, so I am not sure how that is scheduled,  but they will be working on that in the evening or on dh's days off.  

We have a few other things that we don't really consider a "have to" kind of thing.  Both sons have been working on Song School Latin.  We don't even have to think about that though.  They beg to do it and it takes up zero time, so... We work on little passports for geography.  I have EM geography daily practice that I may or may not do.

When I look at this it feels like SO MUCH!  I just can't figure out any other way though??   IDK, I like my mostly 4 day week.  My questions.  Does this look good? Too much? Am I missing something?  Any tips on anything?  I feel that if I get handwriting, math and reading done every day before nap and then phonics/language/spelling during nap, we will be ok and everything else will be ok for these years anyway.  If you can think of anyway to rework my schedule to get all this done, please let me know.  I know I don't have to do the MP enrichment, but I REALLY want to.  They enjoy it SO much and you wouldn't believe the difference it has made in my 3 year old!  I'm also worried this is going to be too much for my 3rd grader.  He is super smart, but he seems to get worn out if I make him do too much school in one day.  I often wonder if it would work out to do just a little bit of school every single day, but that feels nuts to do school every day, kwim? I am all ears for any tips, suggestions, advice, encouragement.  I talk to dh and he is always just "whatever you think is best"  my real life homeschool friends say just switch to all CLE or Lifepacs or BJU DVDS.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have multiple kids close together, so take this with a grain of salt. Would the BJU dvds be so much WORSE? Or rather, when you look at what you're doing, is it compellingly BETTER? I have a number of friends who've done the BJU videos, and for the right kid they can make a situation like this work, yes. They're still a lot of work. My friends usually set up a desk and the kid has the notebooks for each subject. They print it all at the beginning of the year, and the mom is right there keeping things on track. I just know that for me over the years, having put one all the way through and another 1/2 way through basically, that I tend to do things the hardest way because I didn't realize another way would have been ok.

Next, I would suggest you make a spreadsheet. I can't make heads or tails of your narrative, and that's probably why you feel stressed too. Every kid and where you are. You seem to have a solid flow to your day, a rhythm, so that's awesome. I'm not saying push yourself into a different schedule or rhythm. Just put it in a spreadsheet so it's clear what is happening when. That will also let you see if the actual time amounts for your ideas work.

Additional ideas? One, you could send some of the littles to preschool. I'm losing count who you have, lol. I'll just say that when my dd was still home and I was trying to teach her along with my ds it was NUTS. They're 10 years apart, and they were in totally different worlds! It was like high school, learning phonics, back and forth, just crazy, no overlap. And I didn't realize how NICE our neighborhood Y was and that they had a preschool program that would have had the kids swimming and doing all sorts of charming stuff. It would have been nice! So now, looking back, I'm like you know love is love, movement is great, think about a preschool.

So looking at what you're doing, I see you're already using the BJU math. It's great stuff and dvds would make it easier for you. It looks like the Abeka + FLL mix is working for you and familiar and a good fit for the student, so I would NOT change that. If you think you want to do some BJU online, dvd, whatever, then do things that AREN'T going well or where you want more help. That Abeka is going to be independent pretty soon, and it's fine, great stuff, wouldn't change that.

Do you like doing the Apologia science or is that a pain in the butt? I think that's the one I'd do along with the BJU math. They'll pair well, because you'll be keeping his math skills up with his science to be ready to do physical science (math heavy). That could be a really good pairing.

There's no need to change out the VP online history unless it's a poor fit. The BJU heritage studies is nice, but really it's not better or worse than the VP self-paced. I've done both and I'd just go with what is working. Fwiw the BJU 7 heritage studies was a favorite of my dd's. She loved the VP self-paced, but she also loved the BJU 7 dvds. So that's a decision you could change year to year.

Yes, I agree with you on the MP enrichment. It sounds like you really enjoy doing it, and you're not going to get the same effect (unity, language development, etc.) trading that out for something else. I think maybe making a spreadsheet and streamlining a *couple* things, NOT EVERYTHING, could be just the ticket.

And tell your dh to hire a maid. Or do once a month cooking. Or buy an instant pot. :biggrin:

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I don't have multiple kids close together, so take this with a grain of salt. Would the BJU dvds be so much WORSE? Or rather, when you look at what you're doing, is it compellingly BETTER? I have a number of friends who've done the BJU videos, and for the right kid they can make a situation like this work, yes. They're still a lot of work. My friends usually set up a desk and the kid has the notebooks for each subject. They print it all at the beginning of the year, and the mom is right there keeping things on track. I just know that for me over the years, having put one all the way through and another 1/2 way through basically, that I tend to do things the hardest way because I didn't realize another way would have been ok.

Next, I would suggest you make a spreadsheet. I can't make heads or tails of your narrative, and that's probably why you feel stressed too. Every kid and where you are. You seem to have a solid flow to your day, a rhythm, so that's awesome. I'm not saying push yourself into a different schedule or rhythm. Just put it in a spreadsheet so it's clear what is happening when. That will also let you see if the actual time amounts for your ideas work.

Additional ideas? One, you could send some of the littles to preschool. I'm losing count who you have, lol. I'll just say that when my dd was still home and I was trying to teach her along with my ds it was NUTS. They're 10 years apart, and they were in totally different worlds! It was like high school, learning phonics, back and forth, just crazy, no overlap. And I didn't realize how NICE our neighborhood Y was and that they had a preschool program that would have had the kids swimming and doing all sorts of charming stuff. It would have been nice! So now, looking back, I'm like you know love is love, movement is great, think about a preschool.

So looking at what you're doing, I see you're already using the BJU math. It's great stuff and dvds would make it easier for you. It looks like the Abeka + FLL mix is working for you and familiar and a good fit for the student, so I would NOT change that. If you think you want to do some BJU online, dvd, whatever, then do things that AREN'T going well or where you want more help. That Abeka is going to be independent pretty soon, and it's fine, great stuff, wouldn't change that.

Do you like doing the Apologia science or is that a pain in the butt? I think that's the one I'd do along with the BJU math. They'll pair well, because you'll be keeping his math skills up with his science to be ready to do physical science (math heavy). That could be a really good pairing.

There's no need to change out the VP online history unless it's a poor fit. The BJU heritage studies is nice, but really it's not better or worse than the VP self-paced. I've done both and I'd just go with what is working. Fwiw the BJU 7 heritage studies was a favorite of my dd's. She loved the VP self-paced, but she also loved the BJU 7 dvds. So that's a decision you could change year to year.

Yes, I agree with you on the MP enrichment. It sounds like you really enjoy doing it, and you're not going to get the same effect (unity, language development, etc.) trading that out for something else. I think maybe making a spreadsheet and streamlining a *couple* things, NOT EVERYTHING, could be just the ticket.

And tell your dh to hire a maid. Or do once a month cooking. Or buy an instant pot. :biggrin:

lol yes, I know, that was very confusing!! I was trying to type this up with the baby climbing all over me too.  I think I will be fine.  I just always get nervous with the thought of each new school year.  As for dh, we can't really hire a maid, but he is super understanding that dinner is often a frozen pizza and the house is always upside down.  I wake up at 4 AM and do all the chores I can before the kids wake up.  Nothing really happens throughout the day except dishes (in the dishwasher) and sometimes we pick up the toys at the end of the day and sometimes we don't.  To clear things up I will have a 3rd grade son (He will be 7 turning 8 at the beginning of the school year, I always feel torn that he is too young for the grade he is in, but that's how we started and I guess there is no turning back now), 1st grade son, a 3 almost 4 year old daughter and a 1 1/2 year old daughter.  This whole year is depending on the baby napping.  :lol: All my kids try to kick naps at 2, but she seems to be a better sleeper than any of them, so I hope this continues.  My 3 year old is actually great now, she can play by herself for ages.  She used to be such a handful, but now she is the most independent kid I have.  The baby has a great personality so far, I hope she doesn't turn "terrible" with 2.  Either way, I will not do a babysitter or preschool, I enjoy the baby days too much.  I'd probably send my boys to school first.  That's why I like a 4 day schedule, so I can spend quality time with my baby girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because your whole schedule is dependent on the naptimes, I think you would do well to have a Plan B and Plan C for when the baby doesn't nap and when she takes a much shorter nap.  If your DC like history and science - enough to really delve into them - move both those to the 5th day and drop the history test.  Incorporate handwriting practice into other subjects - history or science.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's usually 4th grade (not 3rd grade) that the level of work ramps up a bit, so you will be absolutely *fine* with your 3rd grader if you need to have a more relaxed academic line-up next year to accomodate having little ones.

I found that even though DSs (1 grade apart) needed me for *everything* up through 3rd grade, AND DS#2 had LDs that required extra time, we could still get everything done in about 3 hours. Similarly, we did a 4-day week, with a lighter 5th day to be able to enjoy activities and outings with our homeschool support group. 

I was able to get 1-on-1 time with each DS by having the other one do a 30-minute turn with an educational computer game, or work on supplemental extras that needed NO help from me (things like solo Logic games and puzzles, mazes, very simple word searches, hidden picture puzzles, and other types of critical thinking puzzles -- also, coloring pages to go with History). Another option is to have older children rotate taking a turn with watching/playing with a little one while you work 1-on-1 as needed.

Also, things like the Handwriting or a workbook (Phonics, Geography, etc.) would take just a minute of my time to set them up, and then they could usually do it solo, allowing you to help whoever needs 1-on-1.

Small "bursts" of learning add up over time -- so even if you can only squeeze in 15 minutes of study on a subject 4x/week, that's an hour a week spent on that subject. Writing is a good thing to keep short in these early elementary grades, so that may not be too hard to squeeze into your schedule.

Your educational TV time can knock out some of your History and Science. (At these young ages, you can absolutely go with interest-led or a potpourri of topics, rather than having to do a chronological or in-depth study.)

Math facts and out-loud practice of Spelling words can be drilled at the kitchen counter, while you are making lunch. (And, I'd get the school-age children in on helping to make breakfast and lunch, and everyone except the toddler can help with clean-up.)

Finally, not everything has to be done every day. Examples:
- Grammar can be done 3x/week, and you can alternate Geography on the other 2 days/week
- alternate Science and History, so each gets covered 2x/week, and your 5th day can be for experiments, projects or any "finish up"
- for odds and ends (like your Song School Latin), perhaps extend your start-of-the-morning block of subjects, and do a slightly longer "together time"-- start with your devotional time, and then do a few rotating odds and ends

And, if you have less time each day for schooling, you can extend your school year and have a shorter summer break. Or consider schooling year-round, with several 2-4 week breaks around special holidays, and just a 4-6 week break in the summer.

BEST of luck! Warmest regards, Lori D.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this look good?   It looks like you have a good flow to your day. You are covering all subjects. Yes, it looks good.

Too much?  Maybe. It seems really full when I read through it. I am not familiar with most of the programs you are using so it's hard for me to judge if it is too much.

Am I missing something?  I don't think so.

Any tips on anything?  I can't tell what kind of tips you are looking for, but I'll throw out a couple thoughts. IMO, your day could be done at lunch and you could consider it a success. At that point you have covered religion, math, reading, handwriting, outside time, and composition (covered by dh). This is plenty when your oldest is 7/8 and you have lots of littles to take care of.

I'm not suggesting you drop your plans for the afternoon, but I'd keep that in mind. Don't get stuck on have to's. Your educational TV can easily cover science, plus turn some of that outside time into nature study and you are good. Have your oldest read his own history or throw a couple history books into your read aloud cycle. FLL is not necessary - grammar topics get repeated every year anyway. Those are just some suggestions if what you have planned feels like too much.

Also, to your son's grade, of course it isn't too late to turn back. At his age he probably won't bat an eye if you say "oops, Mommy got mixed up. This year is ____ grade, not _____ grade." That doesn't mean you don't teach him at his level (move on to 3rd grade math, etc.) but maybe you will feel more peace if you think of him as a 2nd grader next year. It sounds like he will be a 2nd grader by age; that may be important if he ever plays sports or participates in other activities. Now is actually the perfect time to adjust his grade level. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WendyAndMilo said:

Because your whole schedule is dependent on the naptimes, I think you would do well to have a Plan B and Plan C for when the baby doesn't nap and when she takes a much shorter nap.  If your DC like history and science - enough to really delve into them - move both those to the 5th day and drop the history test.  Incorporate handwriting practice into other subjects - history or science.

Good thinking. He really does enjoy history and science.  I never thought of NOT doing the test because you just click launch next lesson and if it is test day, you do the test.  I'm not sure if he would be on board for skipping.  He is a stickler for finishing things like his momma :lol: He has no idea we skip math tests and things so it's not an issue, BUT he may not be up for it, but he could easily do the test on a regular history lesson day.  They are short and easy.  We could easily do history and science on the same day as the history involves no work from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have a good plan, but be prepared that with the schedule being dependent on nap times and the baby's schedule, etc., you may actually have very few days and weeks that work exactly according to this plan, and that is completely okay.

You said, "the history involves no work from me" and that he enjoys it, so that sounds great, and I would not change anything with that.

Dad is doing composition, and that is fantastic. 

You start with devotions, and I feel like that is a great way to start the day.

You have handwriting first after devotions. If this is something that can be done independently, I would move it to be done while you are busy with the baby. Either way, I would switch math before handwriting and get that over with (but maybe that is just my preference that I would like to project onto others).

You mention the creation astronomy book. You could get the audio book that is available to go along with the book. That might help if the baby needs something. 

For me, I prefer to get work done early and then have extended playtime after work is done unless it will be too hot later to be outside. (Some of my children did better with a break, and some did better when everything is finished before taking a long break. So do what works for you and the kids.)

All the extra stuff is fine, especially if you and they are enjoying it, but put it at the end of the day or week and don't worry at all if you don't get around to it.

Lunch time may be a good time for a read-aloud or maybe audio books from the library would be even better.

I agree with others that it is nice to get all schoolwork done before lunch when you have a lot of little ones, but I understand that it may work much better for you to get work done during the baby's nap. But don't forget that you need some rest and downtime, too. Nap time might be a good quiet time for everyone with independent reading and play.

Lori said that 4th grade is when the work "ramps up a bit," and I think that is true, so don't worry too much. It is good to make getting math facts down a priority in 3rd grade, and the Xtra Math should take care of that for you.

I wouldn't suggest making the switch to all Lifepacs or BJU DVDs unless other things you are using are majorly not working for you.

I hope you have a great summer!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good overall but you have a lot of overlap.  You have a lot of language arts there.  Composition on top of it just might not be necessary at grade 3.  But if it's a FUN time for Dad and 3rd grader then go for it.  You also have a more than one math.  It's not wrong to have all of that but on busy days then just getting the basics done is fine.  It's good though that you have the habit of being consistent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to add that starfall.com is good for preschool stuff when you need to keep a preschooler busy. Starfall taught my  two youngest to read.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be prepared for BJu Math DLO to not be as independent as you hope. It works well for some kids, but many have a different experience. Often, the parent watches along with the child to get a feel for what the child is understanding and what they need extra focus on. I personally found it much easier to teach the lesson myself.  The DLO videos can be quite lengthy. My children lose interest in the videos quickly  

Also, don’t forget that the child will learn so much from having hours of free play. I would choose to not do every subject every day, and shorten the “seat work” part of the day. That free time can be much more important than checking off another subject. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks good. You've got this! It took me more than one year to internalize that having the routine/flow down was more important than checking those little boxes off on the schedule, so you're ahead there 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bocky said:

It looks good. You've got this! It took me more than one year to internalize that having the routine/flow down was more important than checking those little boxes off on the schedule, so you're ahead there 😁

Thanks.  I truly know deep down I got this.  I just kind of panic with the thought of each new year.  (I'm not good with change) My first year was omg I'm educating my baby and I have a baby to take care of, how will I get it all done?! What am I doing? The next year panic was, this is first grade, this is getting real AND I have a toddler and I'm pregnant! This year was I am teaching TWO kids and have a baby and a crazy preschooler.  Next year it is third grade is just a whole new level and first grade, it's getting real for 2 of my kids now.  It just seems like there is more work each year, but each year I manage somehow.  I just kind of panic before/when I start out each new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bay Lake Mom said:

Be prepared for BJu Math DLO to not be as independent as you hope. It works well for some kids, but many have a different experience. Often, the parent watches along with the child to get a feel for what the child is understanding and what they need extra focus on. I personally found it much easier to teach the lesson myself.  The DLO videos can be quite lengthy. My children lose interest in the videos quickly  

Also, don’t forget that the child will learn so much from having hours of free play. I would choose to not do every subject every day, and shorten the “seat work” part of the day. That free time can be much more important than checking off another subject. 

Yeah, I'm prepared that it might not work out and that's ok too.  He is pretty good at math so I'm not super worried about it.  I just chose math for my distance class because even though I am good at math, I find it hard for me to teach for some reason.  I don't always explain it well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Looks good overall but you have a lot of overlap.  You have a lot of language arts there.  Composition on top of it just might not be necessary at grade 3.  But if it's a FUN time for Dad and 3rd grader then go for it.  You also have a more than one math.  It's not wrong to have all of that but on busy days then just getting the basics done is fine.  It's good though that you have the habit of being consistent. 

I feel like we have a lot of language arts too.  I just wasn't really sure what to do about it.  I will keep in mind we might put composition off another year.  I'm not sure if he and Dad will enjoy, but we will see.  As far as xtra math, we don't ALWAYS do it every day, but we do it often.  So, yes, on busy days, we skip it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skippy said:

ThaI think you have a good plan, but be prepared that with the schedule being dependent on nap times and the baby's schedule, etc., you may actually have very few days and weeks that work exactly according to this plan, and that is completely okay.

You said, "the history involves no work from me" and that he enjoys it, so that sounds great, and I would not change anything with that.

Dad is doing composition, and that is fantastic. 

You start with devotions, and I feel like that is a great way to start the day.

You have handwriting first after devotions. If this is something that can be done independently, I would move it to be done while you are busy with the baby. Either way, I would switch math before handwriting and get that over with (but maybe that is just my preference that I would like to project onto others).

You mention the creation astronomy book. You could get the audio book that is available to go along with the book. That might help if the baby needs something. 

For me, I prefer to get work done early and then have extended playtime after work is done unless it will be too hot later to be outside. (Some of my children did better with a break, and some did better when everything is finished before taking a long break. So do what works for you and the kids.)

All the extra stuff is fine, especially if you and they are enjoying it, but put it at the end of the day or week and don't worry at all if you don't get around to it.

Lunch time may be a good time for a read-aloud or maybe audio books from the library would be even better.

I agree with others that it is nice to get all schoolwork done before lunch when you have a lot of little ones, but I understand that it may work much better for you to get work done during the baby's nap. But don't forget that you need some rest and downtime, too. Nap time might be a good quiet time for everyone with independent reading and play.

Lori said that 4th grade is when the work "ramps up a bit," and I think that is true, so don't worry too much. It is good to make getting math facts down a priority in 3rd grade, and the Xtra Math should take care of that for you.

I wouldn't suggest making the switch to all Lifepacs or BJU DVDs unless other things you are using are majorly not working for you.

I hope you have a great summer!

 

Thanks for weighing in!  The reason we start with handwriting is I give them a quick instruction and I take this time to clean up after breakfast while the baby in the high chair and I wipe up her breakfast mess, change her diaper and that sort of thing.  My 1st son is slow at handwriting and hates it, so I make sure we do it first with him or we end up skipping if we save it for later.  It's just the dreaded chore for him.  So, I like to knock that out quick.  I do have the audio book for astronomy.  I usually fold laundry or put away dishes/load the dishwasher while we listen.  My oldest son definitely needs a break between work.  My second son likes to get it all done quickly and then go play.  I just am much happier outside and so are the little girls so that's why we go out.  We have a fenced in yard with tons of things to keep them happy AND they aren't making a mess inside lol.  It just feels happy to be reading and doing school outside.  Also, if we work inside until nap, the baby might not have as much outside time as I like.  I call her a baby, but she is over 1, so she will sit will her sister in the sand box and play forever or play on the baby slide or one of her siblings will push her in the baby swing.

Thanks for helping me think this all through!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ladies, with all your advice, I reworked the schedule a bit.  WDYT?

Devotion

Handwriting

Math

Outside if it is nice, the boys will alternate working with me and playing

Reading Son 2

Reading Son 1

Phonics/Language Lesson Son 2

FLL 3 Son 1

Educational Show/Rock the baby/Nap

Preschool Memoria Press Enrichment while the boys work on spelling & xtra math.  They tend to want to participate in the preschool enrichment though so we will see.  😁

I will work on the extras by rotating through them weekly.

History, Science, Geography, Latin, 1st Grade Enrcichment

So, we will only work on 1 extra each day.  History takes no effort on my part, but the week we are working on history, I would have no work to do, so yay!  Composition is dh's subject, so I'm not sure how or when he will schedule it.  

 

 

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only concern with your plan is composition.  I suggest having a plan B so if your dh is unavailable or too tired or forgets, your dc still gets in some writing time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this looks great!  Less Structure,  More Family Play time.  I would suggest changing his grade now, if you are going to.  Here, the cut off is 8 by Aug 1 to be in 3rd grade.  Remember this isn't about now, he will be the last to get his license, and will go to college at barely 18, too.  I would give him that year back by saying he's going into 2nd, but working on lots of things at a 3rd grade level.  You aren't holding him back, you will still keep progressing in his academics.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks similar to our schedule in the early days. I don't watch a clock, but we move in a rotation mostly so I am only needed in one academic area at a time. That said, one rule for our home is I never schedule 2 kids in math at the same time, even if one is independent. The chances of them needing help in too high in that subject. Just a thought... I think keep an open mind and adjust to what doesn't work and you will be fine! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has some great thoughts.  One thing I like about the age of your oldest one is that they are at such a fun and sweet age and can be more independent in areas that are helpful to the family and to you.  I just love this age of childhood!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...