Menu

TPS college credit

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth doing the college credit TPS offers through Belhaven. We did something similar with DD1 (different school/university) and, of course, she ended up going to a college that wouldn't accept any of those credits, so it turned out to be a waste of money. I'm not sure how common it is for colleges not to accept these types of credits. DD2 (finishing up 10th grade) doesn't know where she wants to go to school and we really don't even have a working list yet (that's on the summer agenda!), so I'm leaning towards taking our chances again. She does know that she wants to go to graduate school, so we're trying to be a little smarter about costs and transfer of credits for undergrad. Thoughts or experience, anyone? Thanks!

My dd is considering it for Greek 2 through CLRC.  They have an option where you can get credit from St. Katherine’s College (I think that’s the name).  In our case, the main reason she is considering it is for placement purposes since there are no subject tests or AP exams for Greek. Though it would be nice if she could also get credit, that varies so much by school, it is hard to say whether that will happen or not.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mom0012 said:

My dd is considering it for Greek 2 through CLRC.  They have an option where you can get credit from St. Katherine’s College (I think that’s the name).  In our case, the main reason she is considering it is for placement purposes since there are no subject tests or AP exams for Greek. Though it would be nice if she could also get credit, that varies so much by school, it is hard to say whether that will happen or not.

I didn't think about placement purposes--thanks for pointing that out! This is for French III, so maybe it will come in handy after all. We went ahead and signed up for credit, which in my world probably means she'll end up at a school that doesn't accept it. 😂