Menu

What's with the ads?

Toocrazy!!

Book Suggestions for Me

I know there are so many readers here so I'm hoping for some good finds. ! I love love/romance stories, mostly ones with Happily Ever after Endings, but I'm open to great stories. I've been reading lots of good but fairly fluffy ones, which I love, but everyone is young! Are there any good stories out there about marriage love, renewing love after years in a relationships? Marriages that were in trouble and they recommitted? Anything where the main characters are over 30? 😃

Well, I’m not a fan of love stories, but I had to chime in with one book that I loved that falls into that category. 🙂 it’s Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

1 hour ago, Toocrazy!! said:

I know there are so many readers here so I'm hoping for some good finds. ! I love love/romance stories, mostly ones with Happily Ever after Endings, but I'm open to great stories. ...

Please name a few of your favorite titles, so that I have a starting point.

Also, what is your preference as regards adult content?

Regards,

Kareni

for contemporary, you might like some of Jill Shalvis' books. I think at least several of the ones in the Lucky Harbor series have older heroines. 

My One and Only by Kristan Higgins 

for a historical, try Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas 

This doesn't meet some of your suggested themes, but on the recommendation of several here, I am currently reading A Gentleman in Moscow. I probably shouldn't recommend it since I haven't finished it yet, but I am enjoying it so much.

I'm another one who doesn't read a lot of love stories, but I'll share some that might fit in your category with some more mature characters and romance:

Together Tea by Marjan Kamali - the main romantic plot is about the marriageable daughter, but there's almost as much character development about the mother who's moving into a new phase of her life including her marriage.  Being older and with kids almost grown at the time I read it, I enjoyed her story as much as the daughter's.  Warm and happy.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - A widower and widow in a small English town end up falling in love in spite of the differences in their backgrounds.

Don't know if you like your romance mixed with SciFi and some adventure, but I just finished a story about two mature people (she's 35+ and he's in his mid-late 40's?) who fall in love under unlikely circumstances; the first part is how they get together, and the second part is after they're married and still in love.  Originally printed as two books, it's fairly easy to find as a combined book as Cordelia's Honor, by Lois McMaster Bujold.

I also just read one set in Australia about two people in a retirement community that find each other - Extinctions by Josephine Wilson.

I loved the books by Effie Wilder.  They are her sorta true stories about her life in a retirement home.  Lots of fun, a bit of romance, etc.  Light, easy reading.  There are 4 books in the series but here is the first one.  Out to Pasture:  But Not over the Hill

I just read one last week with an older woman and younger man, Someone to Trust by Mary Balogh https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39006313-someone-to-trust.  It is the fifth in her Westcott series and there is another older new couple in the series also.

Susan Mallory is one of my favorite romance authors.  I just finished her Happily Inc. series and enjoyed it.  The main characters are in their thirties I believe........

5 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

I'm another one who doesn't read a lot of love stories, but I'll share some that might fit in your category with some more mature characters and romance:

Together Tea by Marjan Kamali - the main romantic plot is about the marriageable daughter, but there's almost as much character development about the mother who's moving into a new phase of her life including her marriage.  Being older and with kids almost grown at the time I read it, I enjoyed her story as much as the daughter's.  Warm and happy.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson - A widower and widow in a small English town end up falling in love in spite of the differences in their backgrounds.

Don't know if you like your romance mixed with SciFi and some adventure, but I just finished a story about two mature people (she's 35+ and he's in his mid-late 40's?) who fall in love under unlikely circumstances; the first part is how they get together, and the second part is after they're married and still in love.  Originally printed as two books, it's fairly easy to find as a combined book as Cordelia's Honor, by Lois McMaster Bujold.

These are the prequel books for the Miles Vorsokigan series AND VERY worth it.

Edited by vonfirmath

Check out Karen Kingsbury. Several of her books deal with this topic. One specific one is titled "A Time to Dance," and "A Time to Embrace."

• Like 1