Menu

Arrows and boomerangs

Quick q - have just seen these come up in the bravewriter sale and I’m considering grabbing it for next year.  We’re ready for a change from IEW and superstructured stuff

Is it good? Is it complete or do I need to add grammar and spelling as well.

We-ell, are you asking if they are complete for language arts? I don't think so. Could you make it complete? Sure, if you are a natural language arts person which I am not.

We used an Arrow this spring with my 5th grader. I compressed it into 2 weeks (8 lessons). We did coursework or dictation 4 times, creative writing once, made a bookmark one day, discussed aspects of the book one day, and did a grammar focus one day. It definitely felt light compared to WWE + FLL, but it was fun to change focus to a book for a couple of weeks. I'm not a regular Bravewriter user, so view my comments through that lens.

• Like 1

It's just a totally different approach. It's not meant to be complete though. BW specifically recommends doing a "grammar year" periodically. This is only meant to cover grammar in context. It also doesn't specifically cover spelling. It's more of a light, holistic thing. I like them... but I think they're very light on content. We always diy'ed things in that style rather than actually buy them.

• Like 1