Menu

Okay Hive, anyone have this fresh herb keeper?

Lady Florida.

There are some herbs I can't grow here because of the heat (they bolt too quickly). Others I don't use enough to make growing them worth it. I prefer to buy them fresh but then I use a small amount and end up with the rest going bad before I can use it all up. I've tried all the tricks and most don't work as well as I'd like them to. I've been looking at fresh herb keepers and saw this one. Anyone have it? Do you like it? Is there another one you have and like? I'm tired of tossing store bought fresh herbs into the compost bin and need to find a way to extend their freshness.

https://smile.amazon.com/MASON-Fresh-Keeper-Container-Clear/dp/B019Z2IJX8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=fresh+herb+keeper&qid=1556728571&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

21 hours ago, Pen said:

Have you tried water in a wide mouth canning jar? 

Yes. It helps only a little. But if the herb keeper helps only a little then I'll stick with the mason jar. I was hoping to find something that extends their freshness a bit longer.

Edited by Lady Florida.