Menu

s/o school shooting...are we immune? How do we feel safe again?

umsami

4 hours ago, Rosie_0801 said:

Housing prices are a form of disenfranchisement. Here, anyway.

But those are not aimed at white men in particular, which I believe was the group the post was saying was disenfranchised. 

47 minutes ago, StellaM said:

Actually, some young white men are, just as some young white women are.

This misunderstanding of intersectionality drives me up the wall. 

They are NOT disenfranchised on the basis of race, that's all. And that's big. But does not speak to whether or not they are disenfranchised in other ways.

All of which is irrelevant to the question of 'what makes men kills  people at worship' ?

Oh, certainly. I was only responding to the idea that because they are white and male they are disenfranchised. Not trying to say that people can't be white, male, and still face similar issues, based on other demographic factors such as religion, sexual orientation, etc etc etc. Heck, short men make less money than tall men, in a way they are less enfranchised 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Bricks were being thrown through church doors and windows in that town for several weeks.  Just Christian churches.  Police investigated.  There are other examples, but that one obviously made an impression on me.  Thankfully nobody was injured.

Here are some other recent examples from just down the way, though this isn’t where I attended:

https://www.anchoragepress.com/news/eagle-river-church-wants-to-see-an-end-to-vandalism/article_08ae5c12-8afc-11e8-87ce-47c17f9bc77a.html

I’m sure you can pick it apart as not persecution and quite frankly I don’t care - this congregation is more diverse than ours was but the behavior is not dissimilar.  Ordinary Shoes asked for any examples. Tada.  

Personally I am just glad Christians in this country have never had to face actual persecution.  I don't understand the need of those who want to pretend they have.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Bricks were being thrown through church doors and windows in that town for several weeks.  Just Christian churches.  Police investigated.  There are other examples, but that one obviously made an impression on me.  Thankfully nobody was injured.

Here are some other recent examples from just down the way, though this isn’t where I attended:

https://www.anchoragepress.com/news/eagle-river-church-wants-to-see-an-end-to-vandalism/article_08ae5c12-8afc-11e8-87ce-47c17f9bc77a.html

I’m sure you can pick it apart as not persecution and quite frankly I don’t care - this congregation is more diverse than ours was but the behavior is not dissimilar.  Ordinary Shoes asked for any examples. Tada.  

In the link you provided the church leadership seems to think they were being targeted due to having a large number of minority members.