Menu

Grammar Galaxy Reviews

tmstranger

I'm looking for new things for next school year.  I just heard of Grammar Galaxy for the first time yesterday, and I want to know more.  I've searched here, and I'm mostly finding brief mentions that someone is going to try it, but I can't find reviews or experiences from those that have actually used it. 

Anyone?  My son will be going into 6/7th grade (he's young, so kind of in between).  If you've used it, what do you like or dislike about it?  Is it solid instruction?  Easy to use?  Long/short lessons? 

I did get the online sample, but it's about 4 pages long, so I'd appreciate more input.  Thanks.

I wouldn’t use it for that age.  I think it’s aimed more for 2nd through maybe 4th grade.  We used it as an intro to grammar for 3rd grade last year, minus the story because I didn’t want to read it all to my dyslexic child.  It’s engaging, with a story plus half a dozen worksheets per topic.  I would not say it’s rigorous.

You might look into Get Smart Grammar.  It’s a thorough and complete diagramming-based one year program.  Watch the video lesson one day (10-20 mins) and diagram 5 sentences over the course of the week.

12 hours ago, caedmyn said:

I wouldn’t use it for that age.  I think it’s aimed more for 2nd through maybe 4th grade.  We used it as an intro to grammar for 3rd grade last year, minus the story because I didn’t want to read it all to my dyslexic child.  It’s engaging, with a story plus half a dozen worksheets per topic.  I would not say it’s rigorous.

You might look into Get Smart Grammar.  It’s a thorough and complete diagramming-based one year program.  Watch the video lesson one day (10-20 mins) and diagram 5 sentences over the course of the week.

Thank you!