Menu

PSAT at public school reminder- its not too early to arrange for 2019

We have not had to do this before but my current 10th grader should be at least close to National Merit and it would be irresponsible for me not to have him give it a shot. As much as I dreaded dealing with the public school and anticipated resistance I decided I would do it. So I sent an email to both the 11th grade guidance counselor and the director of counseling requesting to test and asking how to proceed. To my shock, I actually got a kind and informative return email in less than a week!!  Woot woot. I really anticipated sending emails, calling, having to go in, and being given the run around so it made me so happy to get a reply 🙂 My personality really is not one to want to raise hell to get what I need even if I am entitled to it by law (which we are in my state). 

The reply thanked me for reaching out so early and asked me to call her mid July for details and to arrange payment and that their deadline for ordering is August 15. 

So just a reminder to anyone else that needs to get this set up for the fall. August 15 will come fast, and administrators will be bogged down with back to school issues in August and might be hard to get a hold of in the summer. It is not too early to begin the process of reaching out to schools for possible test sites. 

Schools starts in the beginning of August here, so the August 15 dates doesn't seem really early but I am sure it could sneak up on people that are on a more traditional calendar beginning after Labor Day.

Now...of to read all the PSAT prep threads. We are an ACT family so this is all new here.

• Like 2