Menu

May 1 is coming! Have we done this right?!

Penguin

Please reassure me that we have not missed some crucial step. I think we have done what we need to do, but the fear of dropping the ball this late haunts me! 

Deposit to the chosen school has been paid. 

The other schools have been notified that he will not attend.

He has set up his email account and checks it regularly.

We are registered for an orientation session.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Penguin said:

DS indeed needs to complete his housing application and some other forms. They are all due June 1, so we will get to them as soon as the DE finals / AP exams crunch passes.

Does he know that there's decent housing availability? Meeting the deadline does not guarantee housing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, katilac said:

Does he know that there's decent housing availability? Meeting the deadline does not guarantee housing. 

I'll nudge him to get this part done ASAP. Housing is guaranteed, but I wonder if the selection is best if done promptly.

Edited by Penguin

14 hours ago, Penguin said:

Please reassure me that we have not missed some crucial step. I think we have done what we need to do, but the fear of dropping the ball this late haunts me! 

Deposit to the chosen school has been paid. 

The other schools have been notified that he will not attend.

He has set up his email account and checks it regularly.

We are registered for an orientation session.

The school my ds will attend has a list of things to do after accepting (choosing housing is one of them), and another list to review before orientation (things like submitting a photo for id, preparing for advising by being familiar with major and gen-ed requirements & the suggested degree path etc...). Maybe your school has a similar list? 

• Like 1

This is likely not urgent, but if you are going to continue to provide health coverage for your kid, you will likely need to sign a waiver that you do not want the university-provided health insurance and provide some sort of documentation that your child is covered on your policy. If you don’t, they’ll bill you for health insurance.  The waiver had to be signed every year, but we were only required to provide documentation before freshman year.  I’m sure it varies between institutions. 

• Like 2

All good thoughts, thank you. I have this irrational fear of waking up on May 2 and finding out that we didn't do some unknown thing and then he won't have a place at the school.

It is silly, I know. The deposit secured his place. Mind you, I was one of those people who had the final exam dream years after I graduated. I'm surprised I haven't had the "we forgot to deposit" dream yet, lol.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 1

Despite the fact that I was there with her when she submitted her deposit (and she used my credit card of course!), I still made my daughter recheck her college portal yesterday to look again at that little green check mark showing that she had actually enrolled!

So yes, I totally get the fear that we've missed something along the way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1