Menu

What's with the ads?

Seasider too

End Game ***SPOILERS*** Don’t come in if you haven’t seen it yet!

I actually liked it a lot, but I’m the person coming through trauma having eaten my feelings and looking like garbage for a few years, so I could relate (and the turnaround with his mother - MY HEART CAN’T TAKE IT).

I thought the ends for Natasha, Tony, and Steve were all extremely fitting and well done, even if they weren’t the narrative choices I’d have made.  That end shot with Steve and Peggy just got me right in the heart.

• Like 3

Thor was funny. I'm honestly not into Chris Hemsworth, so the fat Thor was amusing to me.

I told my kids that I was going to post that the movie was centered on Hawkeye because no one would believe me. Lol. I mean, that's an overstatement, but I actually liked him for the first time in this. I feel like he's almost been a running gag up to this point. Oh, look, what's his name again?

I'm bugged by the contradiction between the theory of time travel for the central story (it's okay if they time travel and muck things up because it will just create an alternate timeline that they're not a part of) and the theory of time travel for Captain America at the end of the movie (if it did create an alternate timeline, then how did old Cap get to the bench at the end in their timeline?). Also, presumably, the timeline where Loki escaped and got the Tesseract is totally screwed. Basically, I think the time travel hung together... until it didn't.

Gamora made no sense in this. Like, did she get snapped? Could Peter Quill find her? That was left very open. I think because they didn't know what their own plans are.

Okoye was barely in this. I'm bugged that she never got a reunion moment with T'Challa. Like, they could have just had her in that final shot where they're back in Wakanda. They had Angela Bassett even. But after an initial appearance helping Natasha at the start, they forgot she existed. Like, come on.

Also, Spiderman: Far From Home makes zero sense now. Did all of Peter's friends get snapped? Honestly, the ramifications of people returning after five years is interesting, but Far From Home does not look like it's going to successfully deal with it.

• Like 4

@Farrar I think they left Gamora fairly open ended because of the next GotG movie coming up. Everyone associated with Thanos’ forces got snapped, but she had pretty much turncoated so I think there’s a chance she is back.  The version of her that went with the soul stone is gone gone, just like Nat, though 😭

The timeline stuff was confusing - but I wonder if that may be addressed in the next Doctor Strange?

1 minute ago, Arctic Mama said:

@Farrar I think they left Gamora fairly open ended because of the next GotG movie coming up. Everyone associated with Thanos’ forces got snapped, but she had pretty much turncoated so I think there’s a chance she is back.  The version of her that went with the soul stone is gone gone, just like Nat, though 😭

The timeline stuff was confusing - but I wonder if that may be addressed in the next Doctor Strange?

Yeah, I think so... but it was a bit confusing. Every one of Thanos's ships and so forth got dusted. So... she's hiding on earth? She had her own ship that didn't get snapped? I think it didn't quite hang together if you think about it too much. Which, honestly, that's always true of an Avengers movie.

I think the timeline stuff is just going to be left behind - except for the Gamora thing.

I had read that Chris Hemsworth was done with the Marvel movies, but my guess is that he'll be in the next Guardians film, which I think could work.

• Like 2

So there IS going to be another Dr Strange? Because he’s a fave. 

I liked chubby Thor at first, but wonder where it will go from here. 

As for the time travel - it didn’t seem right that Nebula could kill her younger self and there be no consequences for it - and whose timestream is Gamora in, assuming she didn’t get snapped? Or I guess according to them, she’s in both?

Farrar I had the same question about how the missing years would affect Peter and his classmates. If half were dusted & returned, that would mean the other half had aged out of high school. I’d have liked to see that addressed somehow. 

I also feel like there’s a whole lot of story wrapped up in Peter Parker’s blurred lines to Tony, probably better explained in the two hours they cut out. We are hoping for a director’s cut one day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

As for the time travel - it didn’t seem right that Nebula could kill her younger self and there be no consequences for it - and whose timestream is Gamora in, assuming she didn’t get snapped? Or I guess according to them, she’s in both?

As I understood it, the way time travel worked in this movie was totally different than Back to the Future (as they explained it). If you time travel and change things, then a new timeline is created. But you remain in your timeline. If you go back to your present, then it will be the present you left from, not the present of the timeline that is created when you change things. Thus, they could muck around and totally change the past. So Nebula could kill herself. No big. It's not her anymore.

But they also messed with this idea a little. Tilda Swinton complained about it to Banner, so he agreed to return to the stones to their original points, as if they were never gone. Okay, Cap did that later. Done. Except... there's now a timeline where Loki stole the Tesseract and got away. And there's a timeline where Cap went back to live out his years with Peggy Carter... only, maybe that's the main timeline too, because how else did he get to the present after he'd left? Honestly, that bit makes no sense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Farrar said:

And there's a timeline where Cap went back to live out his years with Peggy Carter... only, maybe that's the main timeline too, because how else did he get to the present after he'd left? Honestly, that bit makes no sense.

Yeah because if he came back, he’d have come back on the platform, but his appearing on the bench seems like what would have happened in a different timeline, or where their timelines crossed. Messy stuff.   

Re Nebula, I think it’s more my sense of justice askew than their definition of the effects of time travel!

i think Loki has a whole ‘nother storyline open now. He’s so fun, perhaps he will show up in GoG3? 

Edited by Seasider too
  • Like 1

I loved it!  Saw it twice!  I love captain America!

Thor was hilarious. 

Loki is on the loose again. That guy has 9 lives.

When Cap went back in time (1970) and saw peggy she would have been in her fifties, but she didn't look it.

I thought the ending was romantic for the cap. Not realistic and not fair to the other guy who she married the "first " time, but hey it's a movie and a good ending where Chris Evans can bow out. He deserves a happy ending.

I thought the ending for iron man was good and sad. It is ironic since in the first avengers movie they pegged him as the type  who won't take a hit for the team. Yet he did. A hero.

I can't wait to see it again.

It was awesome, and I agree with lots of questions about time travel/alternate timelines/etc.

I was desperate for  MORE BUCKY!  

Cap wielding Mjolnir was amazing. Cap saying, "Hail Hydra" got gasps in the audience. Hearing Falcon say, "On your left" in Cap's ear and watching all those dusted superheores return made me bawl my eyes out. Of course, I was crying before the title credit on screen. I was very unhappy about Hulk. Ugh.

• Like 1

I'm hoping Loki & the Tesseract show up again. Spinoff show!

I was bothered by many things. Some have been mentioned. Others have not. How'd they get the ether into stone form then back into ether & injected back into Jane (esp. w/out Tony's brains) ? How did they get the Space Stone back into the form of the Tesseract cube?

I disliked what the writers did with Bruce/Hulk. There was basically no chemistry with Nat since Bruce got back & then he's upset that she's gone?

I loved the scene with Nat & Hawkeye on Morag where they are both trying to sacrifice themselves. I hoped they would both find a way to die together & thus both would wake up in the water alive - one with the stone. Hawkeye had already lost every other thing he loved. It wasn't fair he had to lose Nat, too. But them fighting each other was classic Nat/Hawkeye.

I wonder how Steve over the years with Peggy handled tamping down his "If I see a situation pointed south, I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."? Was he so burned out that he no longer had that desire? Had he gone through so much that he no longer wanted to "do this all day"? (I can see this because of his fight with his previous self. But, it still made me wonder. Stark did say that Steve would "get there some day" with the desire to settle down.)

I felt like the story line of this one was, "you can change (who you are)". 

And, did it seem to anyone else like Thanos seemed to be able to handle Thor's hammer/StormBreaker? Maybe it was just pushing on or down vs. true control, but it seemed like he could move it more than he should have been able to. (And who didn't see Steve as being able to wield it coming? So predictable!)

I wish they would have had more of an intro with Captain Marvel. (Then again, I'm no fan of the character, so less of her is better.)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, desertflower said:

It is ironic since in the first avengers movie they pegged him as the type  who won't take a hit for the team. Yet he did. A hero.

Yes. This is one of the "you can change" story arcs!

18 minutes ago, Noreen Claire said:

Cap saying, "Hail Hydra" got gasps in the audience.

Loved that moment!

The audience when I saw it wasn't very vocal. One guy was loud when "five years later" came across the screen. He said, "What? No way." Otherwise, no real reactions.

I cried, grooved (when GotG music came on), cried, smiled, cried, laughed, and cried some more. I think all my body's water went out my eyeballs and that is why I didn't need to use the bathroom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought the movie was great. I did leave with some questions and have spent some of the weekend starting to re-watch some of  the older movies. Cant wait to see it again.

Usually Natasha and Clint are my least favorites, but their scenes were great. Especially on Morag. @RootAnn - I also thought they were both going to sacrifice themselves and thus both live. Oh well.

• Like 1

Antman scenes were funny too. Loved the part when they took him back in time and kept trying to bring him back. Sooo funny.

I also love the fact his first thought was to find Jesse's name.

Btw, anyone know who the boy was at Tony's funeral? Everyone there has been a part of the avengers team in one way or another, but there was a boy with brown hair, perhaps late teens or twenties? He was standing in the back near Maria hill. Also, is that the same boy that antman stopped and asked what happened?

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

When Cap went back in time (1970) and saw peggy she would have been in her fifties, but she didn't look it.

I thought the ending was romantic for the cap. Not realistic and not fair to the other guy who she married the "first " time, but hey it's a movie and a good ending where Chris Evans can bow out. He deserves a happy ending.

I thought the glimpse of Peggy was too brief to say she didn’t look her age, though she had obviously aged well.

One potential way that the Cap time travel works is if there were always two Caps in the main timeline. But her other husband ruins that idea... unless that marriage was, um, pretty nontraditional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, desertflower said:

Btw, anyone know who the boy was at Tony's funeral? Everyone there has been a part of the avengers team in one way or another, but there was a boy with brown hair, perhaps late teens or twenties? He was standing in the back near Maria hill. Also, is that the same boy that antman stopped and asked what happened?

I would not have known this, but I read that he was the kid/teen from Iron Man 3.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Farrar said:

I would not have known this, but I read that he was the kid/teen from Iron Man 3.

Ok. Now have to watch iron man 3! Thanks!

In Ironman 3, after the kid, Harley Keener, helped Tony repair his suit, Tony gave Harley his own lab. The banging/clanking sound at the end of the credits is supposed to be the sound of Tony making his first suit in the first film. I wonder if it's also supposed represent the sound of Harley building a new suit in the lab Tony gave him?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, desertflower said:

How was thanos able to break captain America's shield?

My theory is that Thanos's weapon was made from vibranium, too, since vibranium comes from outer space, maybe even a more refined form of it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aura said:

My theory is that Thanos's weapon was made from vibranium, too, since vibranium comes from outer space, maybe even a more refined form of it.

Okay this is probably more plausible 😉. But seriously Thanos has MAJOR inexplicable plot armor, even in the comics there is a fair bit of head scratching ability there that the rest of the Titans didn’t possess.  Stubbornness and self belief are, apparently, super powers?

• Like 2

I imagined the clanging at the end being Starks daughter picking up where Tony left off. A whole new generation coming forward with the younger characters. I did read the clanging was Tony making his first mask in iron man 1.

I saw it twice (Fri afternoon with the 11 & 14 yo and Sun afternoon with the 16 yo). My 14 yo was sobbing when Tony died. The 2nd time I watched I got teary when Peter came back & Tony gave him a big hug.

I agree with the above about time travel. The only thing to add is that with Thanos traveling into the future he changed the timeline so Nebula killing her past self was an alternate timeline and Cap living out his life was also in an alternate timeline.

I hated the combined Bruce & Hulk which we are calling Bulk in our house. I love Hawkeye so having more of him was great. Thor letting himself go was realistic. If he had cut off Thanos' head then all those people wouldn't have been snapped. The way that Antman was brought back was lame but in line with the way his story unfolds. Looking forward to the Asgardians of the Galaxy movie. 😆

We all enjoyed it and will buy it when it is available.

• Like 3

Ah I totally loved that a rat hitting a button essentially set into motion the events that precipitated the entire thing getting fixed - like how random, no wonder Strange only saw one timeline working 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aura said:

Ok. That makes sense. I wasn't sure if it was because the gauntlet was powerful.

Thanks for the input.

One of the first things I asked my family was about Cap returning the stones.  I really would have liked to see what happened when he showed up at Vormir to return the soul stone and had to give it to Red Skull... I wonder how that went over.  😄   And then going back to Jane, who probably is not thrilled to be re-introduced to the Aether. 

I got to say "I was right" several times, so that was fun.  

They could have gone really wrong with the time travel, but what I loved about it was that they took us someplace we were familiar with, but also showed us something new about where they were.    Captain America running into himself and swearing?  He's come a long way from being the language police!

I totally forgot about Captain Marvel until she showed up again in the big fight at the end.  We all agreed her "high and mighty" attitude is not endearing.

Thor is totally going to be in GOTG3.  If he's not, we're going to be extremely disappointed.  

The movie was so good.  It was really satisfying, honestly.  There are maybe some things I would have liked to see or go differently, but I thought the way they wrapped it up was so good.  "Avengers, Assemble."  Oh my gosh.  Just one of many tear-inducing moments.

I can't wait to see it again.   And I'm really, really hoping for a director's cut.

Edited by Lady Marmalade
  • Like 2

I have big questions about continuity.  Number one, Loki escaped.  Now, okay, they explained it with different timelines, so maybe Loki will come back in a different timeline?  

But....while the Steve Rogers/ Peggy timeline thing was sweet and made sense from a character point of view, it REALLY changes the main timeline.  I don't see how it works continuity wise.  It's been bugging me ever since I saw it.  How does it work?  Steve Rogers is now NOT a character/ Avenger in all the main timeline. 

Also, not a major continuity question, but I don't really get the set up for Spider Man:  Far From Home.  Like, the entire world has been through major trauma and half of the population was gone for five years, but Spidey and all his friends were all snapped?  They are all still in high school?  And then, right after that kind of world trauma, you send your kid to Europe on a school trip without you???  

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I have big questions about continuity.  Number one, Loki escaped.  Now, okay, they explained it with different timelines, so maybe Loki will come back in a different timeline?  

But....while the Steve Rogers/ Peggy timeline thing was sweet and made sense from a character point of view, it REALLY changes the main timeline.  I don't see how it works continuity wise.  It's been bugging me ever since I saw it.  How does it work?  Steve Rogers is now NOT a character/ Avenger in all the main timeline. 

Also, not a major continuity question, but I don't really get the set up for Spider Man:  Far From Home.  Like, the entire world has been through major trauma and half of the population was gone for five years, but Spidey and all his friends were all snapped?  They are all still in high school?  And then, right after that kind of world trauma, you send your kid to Europe on a school trip without you???  

In my understanding Steve exited the his space in time at the lake there for a few seconds in that timeline and never re-entered.  His old dude self actually walked over there and plopped at the lake at the time he was supposed to meet them in history, but never actually returned through the time stream after he got all the stones back to their spots.  Instead he went back to the time right after he went into the ice, BEFORE Peggy married, and essentially rewrote her history with him.  So she never met her husband, but her siblings still married, Sharon Carter was still born as her niece, etc.

That’s what I think they were aiming for.  There are some problems with this in terms of continuity but nothing so major it’s a huge issue to the movie timelines.  It’s the sort of thing fans and fanfiction writer will drive themselves nuts over though 😆

As for SpiderMan, I trust they’ll explain some of this in the narrative, because the whole world changed again for more than just Parker.  So I assume there’s going to be a ton of shuffling and reorganizing society again to reintegrate all the people who were missing.

Oh as for Loki I assume this means he escaped to another part of the universe and therefore isn’t dead, and can pop up again like he did on Ragnorak, hiding out in some corner of the universe for a few years and possibly brought up again in GotG3.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Yea, this bothered me too, but I choose to ignore it now. 😄 I am assuming that he had to keep quiet about what he knew and just let it play out.

2 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

One of the first things I asked my family was about Cap returning the stones.  I really would have liked to see what happened when he showed up at Morag to return the soul stone and had to give it to Red Skull... I wonder how that went over.  😄  

That is such a good point. 😆

6 minutes ago, desertflower said:

Yea, this bothered me too, but I choose to ignore it now. 😄 I am assuming that he had to keep quiet about what he knew and just let it play out.

No, that history already happened for all of them.  What makes the most sense to me is that Steve exited the timeline again before they got him out of the ice and popped up a day or so before that meeting at the lake platform 🙂

We know they can exist in the same timeline and not have problems, like when cap fought himself, so it’s also entirely possible he was just hanging out somewhere in the background.  But it doesn’t seem like a change in the timeline changes things for anyone who has already lived it, it just changes it further back in the stream and branches forward-ish? There are some inconsistencies there for sure, but I can ignore them, it’s not like science in comic book movies has ever been... uh.... accurate.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this worked like Back to the Future time travel, then that explanation of Cap’s past with Peggy would work. But in the stated explanation in this movie, you cannot change your past. End stop. Once you change it, a new reality essentially spins off. So I don’t think it makes any sense. Peggy did marry someone else. That happened already. He can’t change it in his past. If he does, then he’ll be in a new reality. That’s totally fine narratively. But then... he would not be in the same reality as the rest of them to be able to go to that bench. I mean, not unless Cap found a way to separately time travel there.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Farrar said:

If this worked like Back to the Future time travel, then that explanation of Cap’s past with Peggy would work. But in the stated explanation in this movie, you cannot change your past. End stop. Once you change it, a new reality essentially spins off. So I don’t think it makes any sense. Peggy did marry someone else. That happened already. He can’t change it in his past. If he does, then he’ll be in a new reality. That’s totally fine narratively. But then... he would not be in the same reality as the rest of them to be able to go to that bench. I mean, not unless Cap found a way to separately time travel there.

My husband shared a fan theory he found with me (please don't hate me...I don't normally do fan theories, but I really like this one!) that the husband Peggy had *was* Cap and those were their kids all along.

Stay with me here. They have always been really vague about her family. She mentions in the Smithsonian video that when Steve liberated the prison, her husband was one of the men he released. But...if she knew that Cap time traveled to be with her, maybe she was being intentionally misleading, and knew exactly what she was saying. And when we see her in the present day, she's suffering from dementia, so you can't depend on anything she says to be accurate. Plus, I think the picture of her children has no father in it.

So...maybe she was helping him disappear and cover up the time travel the whole time, but it all happened exactly the way it was supposed to. I know, it's a stretch, but if they ret-conned that into the actual story, I wouldn't be upset about it. 🙂 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Farrar said:

All he would have to do is use his time gps watch thingy to come back to a spot in the original timeline, before the agreed upon rendezvous, so he could walk over to the bench.  It makes sense in my head at least 🤣

1 minute ago, MrsMommy said:

My husband shared a fan theory he found with me (please don't hate me...I don't normally do fan theories, but I really like this one!) that the husband Peggy had *was* Cap and those were their kids all along.

Stay with me here. They have always been really vague about her family. She mentions in the Smithsonian video that when Steve liberated the prison, her husband was one of the men he released. But...if she knew that Cap time traveled to be with her, maybe she was being intentionally misleading, and knew exactly what she was saying. And when we see her in the present day, she's suffering from dementia, so you can't depend on anything she says to be accurate. Plus, I think the picture of her children has no father in it.

So...maybe she was helping him disappear and cover up the time travel the whole time, but it all happened exactly the way it was supposed to. I know, it's a stretch, but if they ret-conned that into the actual story, I wouldn't be upset about it. 🙂 

I have seen that one and it makes me happy 😆 

It seems the least messy answer doesn’t it? Time travel is complex stuff, especially when you’re not talking about being able to change the current timeline.

Edited by Arctic Mama
  • Like 2

I loved the movie. I really wan't expecting it to have an emotional impact on me, but I was sobbing by the end. I liked it so much, I'd actually like to go back and see it again in the theater, which is something I never, ever do, even for my favorites. There was just so much to think about, and all of the callbacks to previous movies were outstanding!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

All he would have to do is use his time gps watch thingy to come back to a spot in the original timeline, before the agreed upon rendezvous, so he could walk over to the bench.  It makes sense in my head at least 🤣

But then he would have ended up on the platform. I don't buy that he sneaked past them. He's too old! Also, what would be the point?

I can get with the fan theory. It makes more sense than my unconventional relationship joke. I do still think that's distinctly different from the theory they espouse about how time travel works for the film. It would mean that there was no causality - it's a loop. But, whatever.

• Like 1

I loved the movie.  I try not over think he time travel stuff because then it kind of loses some of the fun for me.  But my kids and DH are having fun talking all of that over with different scenarios and ideas how it worked.

I really liked that Cap got a happy ending with the love of his life.  After everything he went through and did for others deserved a happy ending.  I was sad to see Iron Man die, but I think it was fitting.  The hulk thing bothered me, although my DH reminded me that it was like some of the comics.  Thor was fun, and I liked that he got to see him mom and work through his problems.  I loved the scenes with Widow and Hawkeye, and I really hope that they do go through with a Black Widow movie, though likely it would be a prequel.

I think the thing I liked most was that it was, for the most part, a story focused on the original MCU Avengers.  It was a great final movie that brought it all together, gave some closure to some story lines, but left plenty open for more movies.

• Like 2

We liked it.

I'm just getting into the Marvel Universe--I've seen a few movies, some kicking and screaming (not really, but reluctantly), and one with huge (and happily met) anticipation (Captain Marvel, of course! 🚺)-- so I know I missed a lot of references, but DS was sweet to keep me in the loop during the movie. Many characters I don't know at all yet, but that's okay. 

I'm not into analysing all the the details, but I definitely enjoyed it for what it is. I'm planning to catch up on the other films and then I'll re-watch this one--hopefully before the next one is released! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loowit said:

I really liked that Cap got a happy ending with the love of his life.  After everything he went through and did for others deserved a happy ending.  

After watching the previous movies multiple times, I honestly started thinking that Bucky was the love of Steve's life... I would have been okay if they had just walked off into the sunset together.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Noreen Claire said:

After watching the previous movies multiple times, I honestly started thinking that Bucky was the love of Steve's life... I would have been okay if they had just walked off into the sunset together.

Bucky IS the love of Steve's life. Peggy is totally a beard. A very convenient one since she's unattainable for the most part.

I may not have been as touched by his ending as the rest of y'all. 😂

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Loowit said:

I think the thing I liked most was that it was, for the most part, a story focused on the original MCU Avengers.  It was a great final movie that brought it all together, gave some closure to some story lines, but left plenty open for more movies.

Yes. I liked that part of the movie too.

5 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

That is an excellent theory. I did wonder why her husband wasn't in the picture. I didn't think to think that she had dementia.  So we can't put stock to what she said.

I loved it and sobbed like I haven't done since watching Les Mis! I liked how well they wrapped up the story lines for the retiring Avengers. Captain marvel was blessedly mostly not in this so that was a plus for me. I love Tony Stark as a character. I'm glad he got to have a family. The scenes with his little girl were so cute. She totally upstaged him. 

Son 2 and 4 went to a 10 am show then dh and I went at 6. Son 3 and DD will have to wait for the dvd release as they cannot handle the sound level of theaters. It is so hard to not give anything away! DD already guessed Tony Stark dies. 

Our theater was awesome. Loads of cheering and clapping, sobbing... it was great. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray release, too as I found some lines hard to decipher.

I think it was a fitting end to 11 years worth of movies. "I am Iron Man!"

• Like 1

As for the thing with Loki escaping, my girls pointed out that they may have been setting things up for the series Disney streaming is planning. Supposedly, they are launching with several Marvel mini-series things to get going, two of them being Loki and Scarlett Witch. 

Oh, and dd was thinking that when all the snapped people returned, they returned to the spot they left from. Which could mean that they were able to snap Natalie back, but she is still on the place where she jumped off the cliff. I love hearing all the theories. 

• Like 1

I am not a movie-over-thinker or theorizer or anything like that, I happily stay in my bubble of suspension of disbelief and let the movie make me feel what it wants me to feel, so I loved it. Time travel flaws? Ah, who cares, time travel never makes sense and the rules never stay the same, so I'm happy to just be happy that Cap got his happy ending.  Loki disappeared with the tesseract? Huh. I honestly didn't even think about that, at all, until DH & my kids brought it up, but it also makes me happy, as I wasn't thrilled he died. Although, Loki back then was still more of a bad guy than a semi-sometimes-good-guy, so I wonder if his next story line will be the old version of him (now that it's been brought up). 

The one thing I was bummed about, no one else has mentioned (and when DH mentioned it to his co-workers, they said, "who's Luis??") -- I wish they'd have thrown Luis in *somewhere* when Ant Man came back -- either, the van should have been stored with him and the other guys, or Ant Man should have had a mini reunion with him at the end, too, or......something. I mean, come on. They brought the kid from the barn from Iron Man 3 to the funeral......they showed Peter Parker back with Ned/Guy in the Chair in his scene......they could have dropped Luis in somewhere. But that's just me.....

All the rest.....perfect. I love this version of Thor; I loved that he was simultaneously totally let himself go, fat, out of shape, out of practice.....yet finally completely in control of who he is, God of Thunder, no hesitation with the lightning, etc. this time. Finally. And I personally love the Thor that hangs out with the Asg(u)ardians of the Galaxy, and hope they name the next movie that (you know, like Thor comes and crosses out Guardians and changes it to Asgardians.....). I love the Peter Quill/Thor dynamic. 

I don't entirely get or understand or agree with the now missing Gomora. (how on earth do you spell her name?) I realize the "current" Gomora is gone-gone, in the soul stone, but I don't understand why past-Gomora is missing, unless she was snapped with Thanos' people. But then, you'd think they wouldn't be searching (although I did get the feeling Quill doesn't want them to know he's searching, and it does make me sad for him, he didn't get his reunion).  But if she *wasn't* snapped, even though DH keeps explaining it to me, I don't get why she wouldn't have stuck with Nebula (even though that's present Nebula, not past Nebula) since she now has nowhere else to go back to. So, mildly confused there, but not enough to worry about it. I figure they'll explain. 

Mostly.....I loved it so very much. I'm in the "can't rewatch Infinity War because it's just too depressing" camp, so this was perfectly lovely for me. I cried in the first scene, and various other places, but when everyone showed up post-snap to help.......oh my word, just sobbing tears of joy, uncontrollably. Sobbing, laughing, just JOY. The whole theater cheered, and then in particular with Peter Parker coming back our whole theater just erupted in loud cheers of delight. So great.  And utter silence when Tony was dying and at the funeral. I mean, not a sound. It was a great theater crowd when we went. I didn't want to go, at first (I kept telling DH "how can it be any good when all the best characters are missing from it....???" and "what if they don't fix it????") but I'm so glad I did. Perfect, perfect, perfect way to wrap up the series. 

• Like 2

I was just thinking that Dr Strange knew Tony would die. That gives more meaning to his words before being dusted. He knew it was part of the only successful outcome. 

• Like 4