Menu

Accountability Thread 4/28-5/4

Good morning! Busy week ahead for me. Today I'm going to try to get as much cooking done as I can, figure out what needs to happen on each day this week, and try to prepare for what has to happen. Monday I have radiology and Thursday ultrasound. Other than that, I also have an art show to get ready for at the end of the week. Also writing. And school. I just have to do it and try not to think about what all needs to happen, and somehow, it will get done.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. Today is radiology, then hopefully bloodwork. Then I have writing and some phone calls to make. Boys have the usual schoolwork that they typically do without me. 

Hoping the medical stuff goes well as it can: you'll be in my thoughts today. 

We are leaving for our trip tomorrow, so today is: prepping for that; keeping going with our essential school (this has been Quite a Year so there are things for us to do pretty much every day through the summer, with Saturdays off); and exercising enough/eating well enough to manage my PTSD symptoms. 

Extra credit for: writing a couple of e-mail notes to friends; prepping the garden (rose pots; hanging baskets; under-window "garden"; window boxes; potted fig tree; potted Japanese maple); coloring my hair; not freaking myself out 😉

Edited by serendipitous journey
  • Like 2

Good Tuesday Morning!

Its way too early here but I'm awake and can't fall back asleep so 🙄 

Week two of Two Crazy Weeks is done. Although this week is turning out to be pretty crazy as well. Since everything got put on hold for house stuff, now life stuff is getting piled on this week. 

Today is one more crazy hectic full day finishing up at the old house. And then... you guys should see the mayhem I'm dealing with here. Its going to take forever to get this place unpacked and organized. 😥

• Like 2

Afternoon! Yesterday was relatively uneventful. Initial bloodwork is normal, and I suspect I'll hear back about radiology today or tomorrow. I'm super tired today. Spend much of yesterday afternoon working on art projects for the show this Sunday. I finished the last of the framing this morning. It all looks really good. I'm taking everything down to the art center tomorrow, and pricing what's for sale. Got a few that are exhibition only--staying in my collection. Other than that, we had school this morning, I wrote, and then the boys and I went to the lake and the boys went fishing. 

• Like 2

I am getting through this week, a day at a time. School has been done every day. Boys each had an algebra quiz and finished the history book. Closing in on finishing up physical science. I have a second medical visit tomorrow. All the stuff for the art show is done, in place, and labled and priced. Writing is happening.  

All things considered, doing well.

• Like 1

Morning. Today's work pretty much revolves around my appointment at eleven, so no art today. We spent most of yesterday preparing for the art show anyway, and I'm counting learning to properly wire and display artwork our art lesson for the week. The boys had fun and it was nice to see them figure out how to make their own work look really good. Today is just Latin and Math. The boys are blowing through the Key to Geometry, and loving that. Algebra is harder, but they are managing.

For me, today is getting through with some character work, keeping up with the laundry, the appointment, and maybe catching up on some backlogged reading. I have one Beta read to return today, and then another one to pick up next week. One of the perks of being tied into the writing community is that you get to read all the great books not on the bookshelves yet. Very cool.

• Like 1

Critter, I loved geometry in high school too, and am hoping my kids do as well! And, yes, that is very cool that you get to read books not on the shelves yet! 

Today, we went to the local library so we could check out books since the library yesterday wasn't one we could check out from. Then we got a few groceries and now we are back in the big city for yet another medical appointment. For one of the kids this time. We did go to Barnes & Noble before the appointment so the kids could use up some gift cards. So its been a lovely book centered couple of days! 💞

• Like 1

Morning! All medical testing is done this week that I know about. Today I get to try to catch up on some stuff around the house. Boys have regular school, sans history. They are out of almost everything but Math and Science. Won't be long, they'll be out of Fourth Form Latin, too. I need to figure out what I have on the shelves for summer and fall. I also have writing and character work today. It's good to stay a little busy. I don't worry as much when I'm busy.

• Like 1

Wishing you all the best, Critter! 

We are headed on a 3 day weekend road trip to our favorite city! Today and tomorrow will be highly educational with lots of outdoor fun and time with family and friends we don't see often. So I will get to count quite a bit of school time. Sunday is up in the air. We'll see what we get up to. 😊 

• Like 1