Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
1GirlTwinBoys

Have you tried XCLEAR?

My doc recommended it for avoiding sinus infections. He said he likes this rather than the neti pot. I only use it when I think I could be heading toward a sinus issue.

Does anyone have concerns about Xylitol?  I don't know anything about it so...    

What is in it besides saline?  Is it just to rinse the pollen and such from your sinuses or does it have a medication in it?  We deal with lots of allergies.  I wonder if it would help us.

Here's the blurb from their website

http://www.xlear.com/xlear-sinus-care/

Natural solution consists of water, xylitol, salt, and grapefruit seed extract

The Xlear Sinus Care System

Xlear Sinus Care helps clean, moisturize, and rinse away nasal congestion, allergy irritants, and other harmful pollutants.

• A gentle xylitol mist that clears nasal and sinus congestion
  • Made from simple, natural ingredients
  • Non-addictive, can be used with other medications
  • Hyperosmotic solution to soothe dry, runny noses
  • Safe for daily use to keep symptoms at bay
Edited by Myra

We LOVE this stuff! It was recommended to us by a doctor as well.  We have used it for a few years now and it works.   My kids use it too.  I have a tendency to get headaches as well from sinus pressure, thus alleviates that naturally.  It isn't an antihistamine but it does keep things clean and washed out.  I have no concerns with the xylitol. 

If there is irritation or infection it does burn a little but that seems to alleviate once it starts getting flushed out.  Maybe it's just me.  Small price to pay I think!

• Like 2

My son has started using this instead of Flonase, and it has really worked!  I didn't like the fact that he was taking Flonase every day for a long period of time.  I didn't have much hope that this could replace Flonase, but I figured it might help him take it less.  Now, he only has to take Xlear every few days.

• Like 1