Menu

What's with the ads?

parent

Still Love Mystery Science?? + $49 deal

So, I'm probably going to buy Mystery Science this year, and I will have to decide in 2 days for this $49 deal  ( https://mysteryscience.com/order  )

I got the free subscription about 2 years ago and didn't use it 😞 

Is everyone still enjoying it?  Is it ok if I depended mostly on it for grades 5 and 2 science? 

I will also use the NOEO Physics package I already purchased but may just be reading the books, not following the curriculum.

17 minutes ago, Janeway said:

We love it. 

Are they adding new mysteries?  It doesn't seem like a lot more on their website.  I would have expected more growth.  Does more open up when you purchase?

4 hours ago, parent said:

Are they adding new mysteries?  It doesn't seem like a lot more on their website.  I would have expected more growth.  Does more open up when you purchase?

There was way more on purchase than there was on free. But I think if you did it diligently for a year, you could easily finish it all within an age catagory. I would likely keep a plan of Mystery Science for a year and then take a year off and then do it again with the older age stuff. Also, I discovered that at the end of each mystery, there are extra activities and videos. I never noticed them before and when we added that in, that added another hour to each day.

There seem to be 22 topics with each having between 5-8 mysteries.  In addition to that, there is a list of mini lessons too.

Edited by Janeway

I kind of expected more growth too. I bought a subscription a few years ago, and it doesn't seem like it's growing at the rate I would have liked. Bummer. If they kept diligently adding more, I would be interested. Right now, it seems more like "fluffy" science rather than a mainstream curriculum. I do love the weekly videos though!

I’ve been getting the subscription for less than $20 a year through a homeschool group buy on Facebook. Just FYI.

• Like 1

@blendergal is there a dedicated Facebook group for this?  If so, I’d love to be pointed in the right direction. I tried to search, but came up empty.  Thanks!

The group I’ve purchased from is called Homeschool Group Buys. The main graphic has a little red book. The last Mystery Science buy wrapped up in late March so I’m not sure how soon there will be another.

• Thanks 1

I googled and didn't find anything current so bought from Mystery Science.  I think the kids will like it.  Glad I have one subject nailed down.  Oh, science and history are both purchased.  2 down.