Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Worked in the wee hours.
  • Got up late tho after only about 4 hours of sleep.  Have a headache and stiff neck.
  • Checking emails, social media, etc ... need more coffee so I can do a little work.
  • Kid 2 is swimming, kid 1 is playing on her phone.

To do:

• Take a shower.
  • Some work.
  • Get dressed up and go back to Dubai for more sightseeing and fancy dinner.  I just realized I will be in heels all day.  Ugh!!  I am not looking forward to any of this.  I don't like fancy, restaurants, dressing up, or heels!!  (And my kids will be a pain about it too.)  And frankly I've had enough of "other people" for a while too.
  • Not sure what else ... it will still be Friday work day when we return.  I suspect I will be exhausted.  I hope nobody needs any work from me at that point.
  • Like 7

Good morning!

I am annoyed. Ds20 and I had plans for a little road trip tomorrow to go look at a car. It's been warm all week - 60s and 70s - so weather didn't even enter my mind as a potential problem. Dh said something last night about snow this weekend, and I assumed it was just going to be flurries. Checked the forecast this morning - 6+ inches of snow, high winds, travel will be challenging, blah blah blah. On April 27th!! So I guess our trip is on hold until next weekend.

• school w/dd
  • menu plan
  • post office
  • pick up refills from vet
  • also pick up refills from horse vet & set up appt. for spring checkup
  • all the cleaning I didn't do yesterday
  • read
  • dinner: ?? something with gnocchi, maybe

ETA: Oh yeah, I have to get groceries, too.

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

And here I was, unhappy that it's not sunny for camping. At least it's warm here. Sorry about the snow, Selkie! 

Today is crazy busy! 

Got dd up early to work on her paper. Breakfast is cooking.

Finish packing!

Some school things with ds. Drop him at tutorial.

Take dd to class

Run errands - make copies, get pencils and pens, get printer ink and print handouts.

Remember lunch for everyone!

Pick up ds, then dd. Drop her at home, him at the pool. Remind dh to pick ds up!   Well, kind of. Both picked up, but mowing the yard instead of swimming for ds. 

Last roundup on camping stuff and head out. Leaving extra early bc of traffic and bc this is a new site for Camporee. I have learned to expect the unexpected when camping. Easier to be flexible and cheerful when we have more time.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Ds spent the night with a friend after swim last night, so I slept in this morning and have had my coffee. I have some errands to run, so I'll be out and about in a bit.

Today

• sign on to a classroom online to help a group try out a new format
  • errands out
  • begin a big clean-out weekend (go through a lot of school books/papers/etc); My curriculum lapse in memory this week has motivated me!
  • take ds to an overnight thing at church
  • dh and I go out to dinner for a date night
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning! Sorry about the snow, Selkie! We are supposed to have a few flurries next Monday or Tuesday. Colorado gives you weather whiplash. Today, high of 80, Sunday high of 73- low of 32. What?

I have all the things to do in the house today- Saturday is going to be an outside day- a shipment of plants is coming at some point.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • laundry-sheets/towels
  • school with ds3
  • bathrooms
  • kitchen chore list
  • dust/sweep/mop
  • ds3 to tennis
  • read a little/jen things
  • No idea on dinner- dh mentioned stir fry

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Good afternoon!  I forgot to get on here this AM.  Sorry about the snow, Selkie.  Well, our school baseball season has come to an end with a loss in the district tournament last night.  The team was one of the lower ranked seeds so it wasn't unexpected.  I'm sort of glad the season is done and DS17 can concentrate on things like school work and the June SATs.   Tonight is the big Gala fundraiser at DS17's school and tomorrow night is DS17's prom. 

Done:  the usuals; took dog to the vet (good news:  his blood work looks great for an old dude; the bad news:  he is most likely in the early stages of heart failure).

Still to do:

-clean kitchen (like deep down scrub it clean)
-shower
-go get hair blowout (5:45 pm)
-come back and get ready
-Gala at DS17's school

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

The errands are done including picking up ds from staying with a friend. 

So I bought sunglasses that would fit over my glasses, and I've never bought polarized, quality sunglasses before. I LOVE them! The sun seems brighter to me now that I'm "aging" and these are so nice! 

Now to get a game plan together for the cleaning out this weekend...

• Like 6

Well it's almost 5am again here in UAE.  Turns out my clients and auditors did not take Friday off.

It turned out to be a fairly nice day.  We drove to Dubai, went up the tallest building in the world, had a nice dinner, and watched a synchronized fountain show from a boat.  Drove back from Dubai to Abu Dhabi after midnight.  Then got the kids to bed and got to work.  I am exhausted.

I sure am glad Friday is over.

Saturday is not entirely planned yet, but I think I'll be visiting an art museum and maybe a palace.  The kids might do a Warner Brothers theme park and/or watch some movie that just came out.  What else am I forgetting?  Our flight back home leaves about 8am Sunday, and it's a 2+ hour drive to the airport, so I am not sure what sort of sleep situation I'll be in.  Probably a deprived one.

• Like 3