Menu

What's with the ads?

madteaparty

APs at different locations in the same year?

Wondering if anyone has had this experience. DS is only problaly taking 3 next year but one isn’t offered locally. I can pay $ to have it proctored at a private 1.5 hrs. away but will that throw college board off? I recall we had some trouble getting his score for one taking in 8th but maybe it was user error (I can’t recall now. I remember there was a super important brochure)...

Nope. Your son use the homeschool code when he fills up his information at the first test site. Then bring his student pack for the subsequent test sites because he needs those stickers in the test pack. Photo is the card (DS13’s) which is same as the sticker that your son has to stick on each of his exam booklet. The blurr out number is the identifier to get the results. Your son keys that into his CollegeBoard account to link his AP results to his account.

My kids didn’t get their homeschool code right but the number on the AP number card is the only important identifier when retrieving scores.

8DAC7CB1-302D-4894-BAE1-21701B0E0E32.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It shouldn’t be a problem because his AP number should be the same on all tests. As long as you take his AP booklet with him to the second school, it should be fine. And even if it gets messed up, it would eventually get sorted out. I wouldn’t think you could do two at different locations on the same day, though. 

• Thanks 1

“Labeling Your AP Exam
You must place a 2019 AP number label (from the sheet in the center of your Student Pack) on each of the exam materials where it’s indicated to do so. If you don’t, it may be impossible to match your answer sheet with your exam materials, which could delay or jeopardize your AP score.
§ You’re assigned a unique number each year you take AP Exams.
§ Never use anyone else’s AP labels or number.
§ Do not use more than one AP number in one year.
§ There’s a removable card in your AP Student Pack to help you keep a record of your 2019 AP number. You’ll need your AP number throughout the exam administration and in the months following the exam to order score reports and other services.”

page 8 of 12, read page 7 too https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-student-parent-bulletin-2018-19.pdf

As stated above, it's not a problem if you use the same AP number/sticker for all the tests. We always have schools make us fill out the forms ahead of time. We then have to take the student book with the numbers with us for other exams (which might be first). I always tell the other schools that we are bringing our student pack with the AP stickers so it doesn't get confusing. Otherwise we've had schools try to be "helpful" and fill out the forms ahead of time with a new number.

Do you get the student pack at the first exam site? Does it have extra stickers for the other exams? We have an AP on may 6th and one on May 16th and we did fill some online info this week for the first school so "answer sheets can be labelled" acc to the info provided. I was wondering if I need to contact the second school for the same but maybe we will have stickers for the first one. 

Is it recommended that we pre-visit the school or is it easy to find the testing location within the school? We know the school location well but have never been inside. 

Sorry for the first-timer questions. We will be experienced soon. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, aaghomeschool said:

Do you get the student pack at the first exam site? Does it have extra stickers for the other exams? 

Is it recommended that we pre-visit the school or is it easy to find the testing location within the school?

Student pack at first site. Lots of extra stickers, think there was 10 stickers in the student pack.

The testing location wasn’t fixed even though we use the same school for two years so far. We just report to the office and the AP coordinator would direct the students to the correct room. 

I can “dig out” my kids last year AP student pack and take photos tonight.

Edited by Arcadia
TMI
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aaghomeschool said:

Do you get the student pack at the first exam site? Does it have extra stickers for the other exams? 

10 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I can “dig out” my kids last year AP student pack and take photos tonight 

As promised.

DS14 took three exams and used up 8 stickers out of 18. Maybe one each for MCQ and FRQ, and maybe two for the student information portion (or he spoilt one while sticking). 

492B8CC9-3884-484C-B9C0-05435429F2CB.jpeg

12B32CF1-65C7-4547-848F-9EEF34EDA873.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1