Menu

What's with the ads?

Quill

Quick! What can I do with my leftover ham for TONIGHT?

I have mulled it over all day and now it is 7 and I got nothin’. I have provolone cheese left over from easter, too, so I was envisioning something that would use that. I would make quiche but dh doesn’t like quiche and he will be a pisshead about it. 

I have brocolli, rice, potatoes...I think I was thinking like brocolli, ham, provolone together with rice as a casserole; something of that nature, but I’m not sure. What do you think? 

Do you have any pasta? I often make a cream or cheese sauce for it and then put ham and a vegetable like peas or broccoli.

Edited by scholastica
Punctuation
  • Like 1

my boys adore creamed ham on biscuits.   

• Like 1

Usually we like ham biscuits (with a slice of pickle) or sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls and chop up any ends for soup or quiche or a breakfast scramble.  Oldest kiddo just got braces and says that it hurts to chew, so we're improvising a pasta - I diced ham and cut asparagus into little pieces and sauteed it - I'm going to toss it with pasta and a homemade pesto variant.  We'll see how it goes.  If you like them,  with your ham and cheese I'd consider open faced 'melt' sandwiches or fancy grilled cheese.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Quill said:

I have mulled it over all day and now it is 7 and I got nothin’. I have provolone cheese left over from easter, too, so I was envisioning something that would use that. I would make quiche but dh doesn’t like quiche and he will be a pisshead about it. 

I have brocolli, rice, potatoes...I think I was thinking like brocolli, ham, provolone together with rice as a casserole; something of that nature, but I’m not sure. What do you think? 

I would probably do  exactly this: broccoli rice casserole with ham chopped in and cheese on top, I might even add some cheese to the white sauce, too.

• Like 2

I’m going with hot ham and cheese, ladies! Steamed brocolli on the side! Thanks for your help! I worked my butt off today and I’m beat.

Edited by Quill
  • Like 3

I usually chop up the leftovers and use them in fried rice, which would have been a very different direction. I hope it worked out!

• Like 2