Menu

Rental agent not sending lease

gingersmom

My daughter went to see an apartment to live in after graduation. Paid application fee, paid credit check fee, passed everything. Told apartment is hers, they will send lease.

They send form to pay rent. They send form to pay security deposit. No lease.

Its been 3 weeks of her calling and calling. Rental agent keeps insisting she will email it to her.

She leaves school in 3 weeks and won’t be back for 2,months when her job starts so she needs this resolved.

Plus she has already paid $275 in fees she does not want to lose.

Her last resort is to go in person on Saturday (but she needs to get buzzed in, they may not be there, etc)

Any ideas we haven’t thought of?

9 minutes ago, klmama said:

She should tell them she won't be paying more without a signed lease agreement. 

and taking them to small claims court for refunds since they are the ones refusing to send the lease, after having approved her.

tbh: right now, I'd be very suspicious about what is in that lease agreement.  or if they even have a lease.

• Like 1

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

tbh: right now, I'd be very suspicious about what is in that lease agreement.  or if they even have a lease.

I agree.  There are people who scam others claiming to be the owners or rental agents.  It happened when our neighbors were getting ready to rent - someone else listed it before the owners did.  Is she 100% sure this place and rental agent are legit?  Those fees she's paid already seem pretty high....

• Like 1

It’s rental agent on site at building.

Those fees are nothing compared to the rent!

Update: She got lease with the wrong dates!

My poor daughter is trying to finish college classes and deal with this at same time. She is weeks away from graduating with BSN and has not a minute to spare.

Edited by gingersmom
  • Sad 2