Menu

Do you tip the person taking care of your pet?

tdbates78

We are leaving for vacation next week and are using rover.com for the first time. Our dog will be staying with someone for a week and a half and I already prepaid via Rover. When I pick her up am I expected to give a tip? I never know when to tip anymore and it stresses me out! 

Thank you all. I'm nervous to use Rover but I found a person that has close to a hundred glowing reviews, with many repeat and regular clients. From what little interaction I've had with her she seems really sweet. Fingers crossed it works out. I think that, with any service you are paying for, there will be good experiences and bad. And with hundreds of dog sitters on Rover just in my immediate area I'm sure there are more than a few duds. I think I fielded a few when I first started reaching out. We will be traveling out of the country and won't be easily reachable so I tried to find someone with lots of reviews and that seems to know what they are doing. 

I will click on the link but I will probably end up tipping her assuming we are happy. I'm hoping $20 or $30 will be sufficient!