Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Critterfixer

Accountability Thread 3/21-3/27

Afternoon! Today's schedule: cook, clean, people. I don't people very well, but I need to be social today. After that, the boys want to get out in the garden and work.

• Like 2

Good morning! Time to recover. Boys have school, and we need to get out in the garden later. I have writing and character work to do, plus some reading. 

• Like 2

Minimal school today. Just reading and a writing page. 

Cleaning place again.

Exterminators coming today.

Park later

Went to after Easter sale and she got several puzzles cheap. So she will be working on puzzles today too.

• Like 3

Critterfixer, thank you for this thread.  I've been months away; we've had a really hard year, and a very bad few months (got essentially forced out of our church + elder child has developed fairly serious gastric problems).  The boys are trucking along okay in school, and this past week I've sketched out what we need to to to finish our grades out before fall semester starts. 

Today: finish school; exercise; dinner + some cleaning; do some work to prepping for a trip that's coming up.  We are (this is really wonderful) going to London for the month of May, since DH has been invited to work there for the month and the folks he's working with will fly us out & put us up.  !!!  I've been so sad about the church situation, but think that literally leaving the country for a bit will help me re-set.  🙂 

• Like 4

Well, week one of two crazy weeks is done. We managed to do our modified school lessons Monday through Thursday last week. Friday was super hectic and lessons didn't happen. After today (2 hours shopping just at Lowes, for instance) I can tell we will need to take this entire week completely off. 

Serendipitous Journey: Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough year. I hope things look up for you. A mostly free London trip sounds like a fantastic step in a positive direction! 

I'm not sure how much I'll be around this week, so have a great week, everyone!

• Like 2

Good Morning All,

Welcome back SJ!

So far she has done phonics. 

Need to do Bible story,  devotional,  memory verse, writing page, math, her read and Mommy reads.

Storytime with crafts this morning at library and pick up some books for her.

Play at the park.

Pick up Dad from work.

Game night at home.

• Like 1

London! Oh, that sounds fun. Be so cool to go visit. Sigh. I'll put that in the bucket list. 

Today's schedule: Rest. Boys did school, I did some writing, and I've got a craft thing I want to talk out with my agent later--trying to learn new things but stay true to how I write at my best. Writers' meeting tonight.  Doctor tomorrow morning for me--I have this odd swelling in my shoulder that needs attention, and then haircuts in the afternoon. Blech. I guess I'll be reading a lot tomorrow rather than writing, though!

• Like 1

Good afternoon! I'm glad the boys are self-starters this morning. They were deep in algebra and geometry at eight when I was still half-awake. I did some reading, and went to the doctor for my swelling in my shoulder. It looks like it's a lymph node, so that means more tests for me either this week or next. This afternoon we have hair cuts and color for me, and then I'm probably going to bed early. I just feel wiped out, and it's not evening yet!

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, MrsRobinson said:

I hope everything is okay, Critter! 

Yeah, me too. Still waiting on scheduling for the scan. Other than that, today is rain, writing, and waiting. Boys had a short day of school and are outside in the garage, building a catapult. 

• Like 1

Good morning. Still waiting to be scheduled for my CT scan. Other than that, boys are doing school, and I just realized they completed a whole book of their Algebra and didn't take quizzes or tests because those were in another book. Bad mom. Oh, well. They just plowed into the second book undaunted and are gobbling up the pre-geometry books because they are so fun. They are charging through Latin, and I haven't kept up, so that means that next year, I'll be toiling in a lower level and trying to catch up. 

I'm writing today and putting together an idea for how I want to write for the rest of the year, pending anything that happens with my novel that's out on submission right now. That's a long game, so need to have short stuff to do, and more projects to complete. Stay busy and productive.

• Like 1