Menu

Bad lunch

Scarlett

I am so annoyed.  Met my dh for lunch and I ordered a Rueben.  I took two bites...and I thought it smelled off.  Third bite I spit completely out into a napkin.  I had dh smell the sandwich and he agreed it was bad.  So they took it away and apologized and asked if I wanted anything else.  I asked for a bowl of chili....but I only took about 3 bites of that which was fine, but my stomach was just not feeling like it wanted food by that point.  

Now I am back at work all worried that I am going to be sick with food poisoning later.  Ugh.  I have a very important engagement this evening and I can. not. be sick.

I wonder how long it will take to show up if it is going to make me sick? 

• Sad 6

Man that stinks! Do you have a strong stomach, usually? I hope you'll be okay! And, I hope they didn't charge you for any of your food! 

Side note: we also have a very important engagement tonight so I took the kids to get fresh haircuts this morning and I don't know what has happened to them since we got home but they are being monsters! Crying over everything, yelling at each other. I finally said, "we are going to this very important event tonight no matter what. You guys already know that. So everyone is taking a nap this afternoon. The End." So hopefully you'll be at your very important engagement feeling just fine and we'll be at ours not yelling or crying! 😄

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrsRobinson said:

Man that stinks! Do you have a strong stomach, usually? I hope you'll be okay! And, I hope they didn't charge you for any of your food! 

Side note: we also have a very important engagement tonight so I took the kids to get fresh haircuts this morning and I don't know what has happened to them since we got home but they are being monsters! Crying over everything, yelling at each other. I finally said, "we are going to this very important event tonight no matter what. You guys already know that. So everyone is taking a nap this afternoon. The End." So hopefully you'll be at your very important engagement feeling just fine and we'll be at ours not yelling or crying! 😄

They didn't charge us for anything.  

I do normally have a strong stomach....but my mind is weak.  Ha ha.  Meaning I think I am over thinking it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Raw Apple cider vinegar with the mother made into a lemonade like drink helps me TONS with stomach issues. It stops the stomach flu from spreading in my family and will stop me from throwing up if I have to care for the sick one and start to feel it.   I drink it daily but step it up anytime there is anything iffy going on.  I would for sure try this is if I felt like you. 

1 T vinegar

1 drink packet(I like true lemon and lime)

1 quart ice and water

You can also use honey and lemon or anything else you want to flavor it but the packets are easy. I know you are at work but if there is anyway to slip away and get the ingredients, I definitely would. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, busymama7 said:

Raw Apple cider vinegar with the mother made into a lemonade like drink helps me TONS with stomach issues. It stops the stomach flu from spreading in my family and will stop me from throwing up if I have to care for the sick one and start to feel it.   I drink it daily but step it up anytime there is anything iffy going on.  I would for sure try this is if I felt like you. 

1 T vinegar

1 drink packet(I like true lemon and lime)

1 quart ice and water

You can also use honey and lemon or anything else you want to flavor it but the packets are easy. I know you are at work but if there is anyway to slip away and get the ingredients, I definitely would. 

Well it has been 3 hours since I ate the bad food and I think I am going to be ok.  I had my son bring me an unsweet tea and that has really helped to settle my stomach.  I wouldn't say I feel 100% but I don't feel like I am going to be really sick.

• Like 6

I hope you don't get sick and made it to your event this evening! 

The only time I had food poisoning, the food tasted just fine if that makes you feel better. It was off, your taste buds knew it quickly and you stopped eating, hopefully before you ingested enough to be ill. Fingers crossed that's how it works!

11 hours ago, AmandaVT said:

I hope you don't get sick and made it to your event this evening! 

The only time I had food poisoning, the food tasted just fine if that makes you feel better. It was off, your taste buds knew it quickly and you stopped eating, hopefully before you ingested enough to be ill. Fingers crossed that's how it works!

That is what I was thinking.  After a couple hours of feeling icky, which was probably mostly in my mind, I felt fine.  We had a wonderful evening.  

• Like 6