Menu

What's with the ads?

staceyobu

Why is talk of CC banned on the WTM facebook page?

I am seeing the WTM facebook group discussed in another facebook group I am in. Is there an official reason for the ban on CC talk on the facebook page? I just thought I could provide it instead of the continued extrapolation on possible reasons why.

I don't know.  I can only assume because it's moderated and owned by people who are not SWB, they decided to make up their own rules.

Hmmm. Okay, well if it's not even run by SWB, I can rapidly shut down the talk of her facebook dictatorship, then. 

Yeah, something like 10 admins are listed and not a one is Susan.  I only go there when the board is down here.  It's not my favorite.

• Like 1

I messaged one of the admins and asked if the group has any connection to SWB or Peace Hill Press. I guess it's Well Trained Mind Press now. I forgot about that.

• Like 1

Probably because in my (relatively short) 7 years homeschooling I've never seen any topic get hysterical and mean faster than the CC debate. 😂 

People have STRONG opinions.  And moderators don't have time for it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, staceyobu said:

Hmmm. Okay, well if it's not even run by SWB, I can rapidly shut down the talk of her facebook dictatorship, then. 

The CC-is-the-only-way-to-classical crowd can be pretty vicious. But in a real low-key (underhanded) way. SWB is so gracious and above-board with her books, approaches, philosophies, and online behavior ... it's so weird to me that people make claims like this. But they totally do. 

• Like 5

A W.T.M. Press employee here, just chiming in to clarify that this discussion is talking about an unofficial Facebook group called Well-Trained Mind....NOT talking about our company Facebook page (which is facebook.com/welltrainedmind). The moderators of that WTM Facebook group aren't connected with the Press or Susan in any way.

We haven't banned anybody from our company Facebook page in a long time, and the ones we did ban were folks who denied the reality or distorted the size of certain historical events that happened in Europe in the 1930s and 1940s. Otherwise, we're fairly wide-open in terms of topics.