Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Hi guys.  I won't say Happy since it's Good Friday.  I hope everyone has a peaceful one.

I'm still stressed out, though I did get a bunch done yesterday.  My critters are with my sister, and I got the Easter candy distributed.

I took a long nap yesterday p.m.  Obviously my days & nights are mixed up, but it doesn't really matter since I'm about to fly to the Middle East tonight.

So now I hope I get some things done before I again succumb to sleep.

• All of the laundry.  2 or 3 loads.
  • Transfer all files to my new computer.
  • Send some items to the office for use in case of emergency when we are traveling.
  • Work - review about 25 tax returns and 30 audits, send out a number of audit responses, info requests, invoices, and other emails.
  • Get the kids to do their homework and pack their suitcases.  Inspect / advise on both.
  • Straighten up my room to ensure I am not forgetting any paperwork etc.
  • Pay some bills.
  • Make copies of kids' ID and adoption documents.
  • Pack for 10 days of travel.
  • Would still like to get a haircut if I can.
  • Clean the kitchen / bathrooms enough so they don't stink when we return.
  • Will probably get stuck helping housemate(s) pack and do other preparations for travel.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting / whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Ds woke up around 11pm with a stomach virus, so all weekend plans here are tentative. Praying that Dd and I don't get it! 

• Take care of my boy.
  • Clean the house!! 
  • Laundry!
  • Help dd stay on track with schoolwork. Get her feet sized for new shoes.  
  • Deskwork
  • Walmart for ginger ale, applesauce, laundry detergent etc.  
  • Michael's for paint for Dd.  
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

(Hug) to your daughter Jean.  SKL, good luck on the travel.  My DH goes to the Middle East more often than he'd like and the long bouts of flying and time change really mess with him.

Margaret - no pressure but calf pictures and *much* better than kitty pictures. Scout - hope DS feels better this AM.

DH & DS (14) and older DDs are helping DD and DSIL move to their new house. (They've been staying with us for three weeks and it's been great - going to miss them.)
I have grandbaby duty!!
Laundry
70 and GLORIOUS today - school lite
Plant lily & glad bulbs this afternoon when they take a nap
Sister is coming over with her three to see the new baby goat!

• Like 7

Hi everyone! I hope everyone feels better today. It's a regular day here.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • school with ds3
  • laundry (started)
  • get ds2 moving to finish off his Spring break list of things
  • lunch with a friend
  • ds3 to tennis
  • weekly kitchen chores
  • other chores
  • pick up ds3
  • easy dinner/leftovers

Have a great day!

• Like 5

I hope everyone is feeling better today!

Already done:

-coffee
-Publix for the rest of my stuff to batch cook

So my plan for the day was to do a major (as in 14 dishes) Whole30 batch cook.  So far I have stuck my roast beef in the oven and sort of feel like I am over this.  🤣  The weather is supposed to be rainy and dreary starting any second now and I sort of don't feel like cooking.  Maybe tomorrow instead?

• Like 6

Hi everybody,  sorry Jean about your interrupted sleep. Prayers to you, SKL, for travels, safety, and less stress.  BldsMom, prayers always--we do not have the same diagnoses, but a lot of the same type of issues anyway )(read your blog about coffee-- I have done this too and water, and the same type of both reactions).  HopeistheWord, I am glad you are getting a break.

• get redressed (have dog walking clothes on)
  • go to Credit Union  (Office Depot and eyeglass place- another day, unless someone goes with me)
  • Lunch at home
  • Lawn/shrub man appointment
  • Transfer dd's awful dog to kennel    DD brought over crate so he will be crated and dh will walk him, etc.  (My house is not baby proof nor dog proof---- I drop medicines and they roll away and I can't find them.  I drop everything (see above area),  My dog is a good dog plus a much smarter dog.  He doesn't eat shoes, meds, etc.
  • Good Friday service
  • I have no ideas about dinner  
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

Good morning!

Sending "feel better soon" vibes to all who need them!

Hope, have fun on your date - sounds awesome!

Pink and Green, good luck with your kitchen marathon - sounds exhausting!

Beautiful morning here. Already done:

• fed critters
  • fed dh
  • ran into town to visit with FIL
  • went over some work emails

Still to do:

• get house picked up (why is it a perpetual disaster zone around here lately?)
  • laundry
  • more work stuff
  • contact Chewy to find out what the deal is with my autoship (they accidentally canceled it, then were very apologetic and said they would send it right out, but they haven't...grrr)
  • maybe run to the farm supply store to get grain and dog food 
  • dinner: ?? might pick up Thai food
  • Like 6

• Reviewed/filed kid's latest school papers.
  • Slept from about 5am to 10am??
  • 2nd load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Clipped my nails kuz I don't want to have any grooming fuss on the vacation.
  • Caught up on social media, emails, and news.
  • Got about 10 interruptions regarding work issues, ugh.
  • Half a cup of coffee done.

Dear auditor:  can you please stop asking new questions so I can get things done on my travel day?

Dear internet:  can you stop locking up every two minutes?

Dear kids:  I know it's your day off school, but do you have to play annoying music when I need to work?

Dear clients:  Take the day off so I can clear my to-do list!

Edited by SKL
  • Like 7

I'm late to the game today! I slept in and watched some more Vikings while the kids slept later. It's nice to say kids since dd is home!

I pray everyone who is under the weather will feel better today and be able to have a good Easter weekend (if you celebrate it).  

Hope, enjoy your time to relax!

Pink and Green, that sounds like a very big undertaking. Hopefully it will go well for you! 

We are going to the new Braves stadium tonight. Dh's school's baseball team is getting to play there, and we get in for free. My sister and BIL might be able to meet us there for dinner and the game. The weather is supposed to be cleared out, so I'm hoping that will hold true!

• Like 5

FIghting down an anxiety attack as we have 2 hours before we leave and I keep hitting road blocks.  I was hoping to at least have my computer files moved to my newer computer by now.  UGH!  I had better get on that.

I will take my old computer on the trip, but want the files to be safe somewhere just in case.

My friend and co-traveler suggested I buy travel insurance at the last minute, so I did ... it was so quick ... then I got an "is this real" message from my credit card company ... I said yes, but then started panicking kuz I had opened the website from a googled link rather than typing it in myself.  I went on their site and tried to find my policy - it's not there ... I called and they can't find it ... well crap.  Finally I talked to a human being who said their systems are slow and did confirm it was in process.  BUT I did not have time for that!

I need to go get the last clothes out of the dryer and get the kids started packing.  After I start downloading files from my computer.   But first I need to download the photos from my phone ....  And a client just asked me when I'm going to send him the reviews he is waiting for.  Well probably not today!!

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Ds is feeling better due to Zofran, which enabled him to get rehydrated and eat some. He slept til 10:30, read some, and has been watching movies all afternoon.

I've done a zillion loads of laundry today. Really, a zillion. Last load in now, bathroom rugs. 

Dd and I got lunch out at Five Guys, so not motivated to make much for dinner. Tomato soup and grilled cheese for us, Ritz and applesauce for ds. 

Next up:

?? Not sure. Too tired to vacuum. Hoping dh will do that tomorrow anyway. Maybe  read while the soup simmers?  Make lemon squares? Make a list for tomorrow? Take a nap?!

• Like 4

I feel like I am running behind on everything and I am not sure exactly how that happened. 

ds2 is in an uncooperative mood.  Sometimes I think all boys between 18 and 20 should be shipped off somewhere and moms are not allowed to get involved or worry or try to help. 

Sigh. 

The kitchen awaits, but I really don't care.

Sounds like a beginning to a song...

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Got a lovely antique wall clock from my mom, but dh says it's too loud (it ticks and chimes) and won't have it running, so back it goes. Sigh. 

Scout, I have a mantel clock that chimes. I love it, dh does not - he thinks it's annoying. He accidentally (or so he claims😉) stripped the gears when he was changing the time for daylight savings. He had never changed it before and didn't know that you have to be very gentle with it. Sigh. So now it has to go to the clock repair shop. Dh is in no big hurry to get it fixed.🙂

• Sad 2

Good evening! We actually didn't make it to the game. Dd had too much school work to go with us. My BIL wasn't feeling well, so they weren't coming. We looked at traffic, and it was pretty awful. It was going to be an hour and 40 minutes for what should be about an hour. Dh didn't want to deal with all that. 

We did go out to eat and try a Thai restaurant.  I watched another Vikings episode and am about to watch another. I'm doing laundry, too. 

• Like 4