Menu

Hello Karen?

LisaKinVA

You keep calling me to tell me this is my LAST chance to consolidate my student loans, and that if I don't respond in 48 hours, the offer will be withdrawn. Well, Karen, I haven't had a student loan payment since I was 24. My husband never had a student loan, and my son doesn't have a student loan. I'm not interested in a lower payment plan (unless you would like to give me money instead). And, for the record, my 48 hours has been up for months.   Please stop calling me.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, LisaK in VA is in IT said:

You keep calling me to tell me this is my LAST chance to consolidate my student loans, and that if I don't respond in 48 hours, the offer will be withdrawn. Well, Karen, I haven't had a student loan payment since I was 24. My husband never had a student loan, and my son doesn't have a student loan. I'm not interested in a lower payment plan (unless you would like to give me money instead). And, for the record, my 48 hours has been up for months.   Please stop calling me.  

“Karen” calls me about lowering interest rates on credit cards we don’t have and never have had. 🤪

• Like 1

Molly at Apple Support called here about 5 times yesterday and 3 times today - so far - to tell me I have a breach on my icloud account. I'm not using an icloud account. It's an irritating recording and a complete scam.

I just want her to stop bothering me.

Edited by Kalypso
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Pretty sure she’s the one who  keeps calling me about an extended warranty on my vehicle. It’s been my “last chance” for almost two years now. 

Same here. I drive an '09 Impala, I'm pretty sure my warranty has been up for some time now. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Seasider too said:

Pretty sure she’s the one who  keeps calling me about an extended warranty on my vehicle. It’s been my “last chance” for almost two years now. 

Yeah I dont really think they want to sell me an extended warranty on a 2009 car.

I recently waited to get a actual human on the line about the warranty. They wanted to know which vehicle I wnated a warranty on. "You called me. Which vehicle are you offering a warranty on?"  After repeating this three times, they hung up on me. They are just fishing for information.

• Like 1

Someone keeps calling and tells me my Google Business listing is about to expire and to contact them quickly or else I will lose my listing and my customers won't be able to find me.  Now if I actually had a business and a business listing and customers (none of which I have), I might care but as it stands, it's pretty annoying to hear from them every other day (and I'm on all the do not call lists).  I feel your pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In January, we refinanced our HELOC. Now, almost every single day, there are one or two offers for those mortgage insurance things. You know, like we’ll pay off your loan if you are injured or whatever. 🙄

• Like 1

Ha! Just today DH got a phone call about "an enforcement action executed by the US Treasury against your social security number. Ignoring this would be an intentional attempt to avoid an appearance before the magistrate judge. So before this matter goes to federal courthouse, or before you get arrested, kindly call us back on our department number. Hope to hear from you soon before the charges are pressed against you. Thank you!"

All of this is a very cheery automated voice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cjzimmer1 said:

Someone keeps calling and tells me my Google Business listing is about to expire and to contact them quickly or else I will lose my listing and my customers won't be able to find me.  Now if I actually had a business and a business listing and customers (none of which I have), I might care but as it stands, it's pretty annoying to hear from them every other day (and I'm on all the do not call lists).  I feel your pain.

I used to get that one on dh’s business line. I mean they called every day or two. It was so obnoxious. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cjzimmer1 said:

I get this at work about 5 times a day

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Quill said:

I used to get that one on dh’s business line. I mean they called every day or two. It was so obnoxious. 

The other day I answered a call and as I was answering I saw ‘probable scam ‘ scroll on the caller ID.  I could hear my boss and a co worker laughing out loud in the next room.  It was a scam btw. 

• Like 2

Not a day goes by here at our office that we don't have the Google Business people bugging us.

The other one that we get over and over starts off, "This is a vital call for a particular reason". It used to be a guy saying it, but now it's a woman. I have no idea what they want because none of us have ever listened beyond that point to hear the rest of it.😂

• Like 2