Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  Had a late night celebrating a victory with DS17's baseball team.  I cannot drink like I used to - I was up all night tossing and turning.  Now we move on to regionals on Tuesday.  

-coffee
-school with DS14
-laundry

-make a bunch of calls (HVAC, set up doc appointment for DH, find eye doctor for kids, vet for dog)
-get house in some sort of order
-hair appointment at 12:30
-go to Costco after hair appointment to get paper products and stuff to batch cook Whole30 meals

-continue working around the house and yard
-read (I cannot get into any books these days)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Good morning!

• school w/dd
  • office work (odds and ends I didn't get to yet this week)
  • make boys' beds & straighten up their bathroom - they'll be home late this afternoon for Easter break
  • vacuum & mop main floor
  • make a grocery run
  • go through subscribe & save list
  • water plants
  • dinner: Japanese takeout (decided I need a break from cooking for a few nights)
  • take a sauna tonight, read, relax, maybe watch a movie
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Good morning! 

Dd made it home safely last night!

The usuals are done, so on to today:

• more coffee
  • meals
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student
  • meal plan for the weekend and grocery store run
  • other errands out
  • take ds to swim if we aren't going to do something else as family with dd here (she has friends she wants to see, too)
  • Like 7

Good morning! 

Taking ds with me to check out the AHG Camporee location today. So just piano and Bible for him, then we are outta here. Need to see how the place is laid out, what trees are in leaf and what flowers blooming, and how the internet connection is.  

When we get home:

Deskwork? 

Laundry

AHG prep for BOR night! Look over the girls' packets. Double check with dd that she is ready. I actually love BOR night!   

Ds to an activity. Last nightfor this! I love it when things that involve a cross-town drive at rush hour finish for the year!!!

AHG BOR night.

Make lists for Friday before I go to bed.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Morning. Ugh. Last night was a difficult night with my two very anxious children having some issues.  We’ve been on this diagnosed-anxiety disorder wagon (OCD, specifically) since 2016 and it can still be a wild ride, especially adding in puberty. 🤯 Prayers appreciated.

This morning:

—coffee + quiet

—make sure kids know what to do (ha!)

—work on grass cutting for a couple of hours.  I started doing the majority of our mowing last year because dh works a busy and demanding job and travels a lot. Mowing is a pretty prodigious task here in the hot-n-humid south.  We have a long growing season, especially when the summer is wet so the grass doesn’t burn up.  Ours is embarrassingly tall right now but it has been so rainy we can’t get a good day to do cut it.  This morning starts the process. Let the fun begin!

—shower

—school with boys

—lunch

—touch base with girls

—dd13 to play practice (canceled! 🎉)

—take girls to shop

—supper (what on earth?)(leftovers!)

—visit my parents?

—grocery run?

MUST DO:

—call about SAT testing for OLSAT administrators (did next-best-thing:  called a former test admin for our co op and asked her my question)

—fix SAT schedule and email moms of kids taking it

—call library and ask them to look for some books still charged to my account

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 6

Prayers, Hope. I hope today is a better day. Jean, hope your dd sails through that surgery. 3 kids have done that so far, it's not fun.

dh and dd2 leave for the last recruiting visit. dd2 is ready to commit, I think, but we will see. After the airport run, it is a regular Thursday.

• drop car off for a check on a possible oil leak
  • dh invited me for breakfast- so yay!
  • coffee/paper
  • ds3 start school
  • airport run
  • plant a rose
  • go over the few things that ds2 still needs to do this week
  • hassle him to do it.
  • more chores/keeping house picked up
  • ds3 to tennis (bike today)
  • ds2 to judo
  • get things for Easter baskets while I wait
  • leftovers for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Stressed out again.  Yesterday I got little done besides the audit, a nap, and some fusses with my kids.  I have a lot of things that should have been done before today.

Tomorrow p.m. we leave for "vacation."

Today:  Done:

• Kid 1 up at 5:45 to study.
  • Kid 2 up at 6:20.
  • Made breakfast & drove kids to school early so they could study / participate in review before school.  They have 3 tests today.
  • Coffee.
  • Processed mail.
  • Cleaned for the maids - kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room, and all my kids' clutter outside of their bedrooms.
  • Put away some laundry.

To do:

• Shower & get ready for the day.
  • Write checks for investments.
  • Get the maids started.
  • Meeting at lawyer to sign wills / trusts / POAs ....
  • Make return at craft store.
  • Get cash to pay maids.
  • Make chiro appointment(s) if possible.
  • Make arrangements to get car fixed (insurance adjuster is supposed to call after inspection).
  • Finish cleaning my room / file etc.
  • Pay bill(s).
  • Lots of work.
  • Switch to new computer.
  • Change out pet bedding.
  • Pack up goodies for Easter for extended family, & hand-me-downs for nieces.
  • Get hair cut.
  • Some sort of exercise.  Was going to go to TKD but forgot to take gear bag out of car trunk before taking it to the body shop.
  • Kids do Easter eggs kuz we are not here for Easter.
  • Laundry - so we can pack tomorrow.
  • Make copies of kids' ID / adoption documents to take on trip.
  • Whatever I'm forgetting.
  • Whatever else gets done!
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

continue looking for a car for dd. Having an argument with dh. Yes, it has to have 4WD. Norwich doesn't plow out the student parking lot, and the hill to the barn is always a mess. 

Would AWD also work?  I know that my Subaru seems to do better on ice/snow than my dh's 4WD.  but we haven't dealt with deep snow.  3 inches max.

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Last night was a difficult night with my two very anxious children having some issues.  We’ve been on this diagnosed-anxiety disorder wagon (OCD, specifically) since 2016 and it can still be a wild ride, especially adding in puberty. 🤯 Prayers appreciated

Prayed.

Four out of five of us have GAD, two of us have Panic issues, two of us have social phobia,  all five of us have specific other types of phobias-spiders, heights, etc., my brother is OCD, one of my children is so perfectionistic that it reminds me of OCD anyway.  So yeah- I have had many of those nights too.  In fact, I fell asleep at 9pm because I had only slept 3 hours the night before.  DD was driving home.  I awoke because of pain at around midnight and went out to see if she was home and also take medicine, she came out and asked why I was awake.  i told her and we talked a minute and she said, as she fiddled with her phone, could I stop the daily reminder to call Tricare Humana?  But in a calm, nice way, because i started apologizing and trying to fiddle w/ my phone. She had to tell me it was fine because I was panicking that I was doing everything wrong and need to fix it immediately.  I took my medicine, waited to get sleepy again and out of pain.  (I couldn't even see the phone screen anyway, I was just using it to see where I was going).  So it is interesting how sometimes the table gets turned.  (My memory issues have greatly increased my panic problems, when I am in a good spot w memory (i.e. 40mg Prednisone0, I am not panicking.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Praying for your daughter Jean and you with the stress. Also you SKL<   glad you are about to get some relief with vacation.

• Finish meds, feed fish, (fed cat and dog already), shower, dress
  • make car reservation
  • get ready for Birthday lunch w/church ladies and my daughter
  • call Toyota
  • Botanical Garden (?)
  • Base Library 
  • Kayak reservation???
  • Go w/ daughter to dentist??
  • Clean up house
  • Evening plans
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

Prayed.

Four out of five of us have GAD, two of us have Panic issues, two of us have social phobia,  all five of us have specific other types of phobias-spiders, heights, etc., my brother is OCD, one of my children is so perfectionistic that it reminds me of OCD anyway.  So yeah- I have had many of those nights too.  In fact, I fell asleep at 9pm because I had only slept 3 hours the night before.  DD was driving home.  I awoke because of pain at around midnight and went out to see if she was home and also take medicine, she came out and asked why I was awake.  i told her and we talked a minute and she said, as she fiddled with her phone, could I stop the daily reminder to call Tricare Humana?  But in a calm, nice way, because i started apologizing and trying to fiddle w/ my phone. She had to tell me it was fine because I was panicking that I was doing everything wrong and need to fix it immediately.  I took my medicine, waited to get sleepy again and out of pain.  (I couldn't even see the phone screen anyway, I was just using it to see where I was going).  So it is interesting how sometimes the table gets turned.  (My memory issues have greatly increased my panic problems, when I am in a good spot w memory (i.e. 40mg Prednisone0, I am not panicking.

Thanks, Chris! One child spent about 4 mos in intensive OCD treatment (partial hospitalization) a few years ago.  The anxiety piece for the other child is somewhat new, so we’re navigating new territory with this one. 

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 4

Prayers, Hope! I have OCD and so do two of my kids. I had a terrible time with it when I was a teen - made worse by the fact that I didn't even know what was happening to me or that OCD existed. This was the 80s, before the internet, and I thought I was the only person in the world having these crazy thoughts. It was a huge relief to finally find out otherwise!

I hope things get easier for your dds soon!

• Like 4

Maids done, lawyer stuff done, except we need to discuss some issues that could not be resolved in the meeting.

I went to Pat Catan's to return some stuff, only to be told that they aren't taking returns because they are in the process of going out of business.  Apparently I am an idiot for not knowing this already.

Got cash to pay the maids, and got a cheeseburger to eat on the road rather than mess up the kitchen.

The maids decided to do stuff I specifically asked them NOT to do.  Again.  They move stuff around and it just creates more work at a time like this.  But whatever.

I should be doing some work now, but mostly I'm just decompressing at the moment.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning. Ugh. Last night was a difficult night with my two very anxious children having some issues.  We’ve been on this diagnosed-anxiety disorder wagon (OCD, specifically) since 2016 and it can still be a wild ride, especially adding in puberty. 🤯 Prayers appreciated.

This morning:

—coffee + quiet

—make sure kids know what to do (ha!)

—work on grass cutting for a couple of hours.  I started doing the majority of our mowing last year because dh works a busy and demanding job and travels a lot. Mowing is a pretty prodigious task here in the hot-n-humid south.  We have a long growing season, especially when the summer is wet so the grass doesn’t burn up.  Ours is embarrassingly tall right now but it has been so rainy we can’t get a good day to do cut it.  This morning starts the process. Let the fun begin!

—shower

—school with boys

—lunch

—touch base with girls

—dd13 to play practice (canceled! 🎉)

—take girls to shop?

—supper (what on earth?)

—visit my parents? 

—grocery run?

MUST DO:

—call about SAT testing for OLSAT administrators 

—fix SAT schedule and email moms of kids taking it

—call library and ask them to look for some books still charged to my account

Play practice was canceled due to the threat of severe weather.  An afternoon AT HOME! 😲

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Prayers, Hope! I have OCD and so do two of my kids. I had a terrible time with it when I was a teen - made worse by the fact that I didn't even know what was happening to me or that OCD existed. This was the 80s, before the internet, and I thought I was the only person in the world having these crazy thoughts. It was a huge relief to finally find out otherwise!

I hope things get easier for your dds soon!

Thank you for sharing that! ❣️

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Getting a pedicure so that I will have pretty feet for sandals on Sunday. 

Thinking about teaching tree identification (withOUT smartphones!) while my feet are getting less ugly. 

Enjoy!  I love getting a pedicure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Dead calf skinned and skin put on live calf. Live calf able to get up and move around. Mom seems to be faked out (cows are pretty stupid. Not as stupid as sheep, but close) However, I just got a panicked call from dd needing her blue heeler, so I don't know WHAT is going on out there. I don't want to walk out and end up in the middle of trying to bring in a cow or something. Waiting... 

Hope everything is okay! 

We have a blue heeler. ❣️  The only thing she gets to herd is the little boys. 😝

D923AA09-1E48-4708-9293-7410D19CED27.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Ours is quite handy in keeping cows from stomping people. She's a bit "grippy" moving pg cows with though. She'll take a cow, and then go lick the calf. The red heeler? Completely useless, but then, he was an abused rescue. 

Cow broke out. She's "going to town" this fall... 

Our girl is a handful.  We got her to be a companion/emotional support dog for my dd with OCD.  Perhaps something a little calmer would’ve been better. 😝. However, she has definitely become a part of our family.  She’s still quite “nippy” with the boys especially, but she’s only 2 1/2.  Even though she can drive me nuts and make life more difficult, I love her.  She’s so smart!

• Like 1