Menu

So disappointed - Update in Post 1

Night Elf

My Bible's text is just a little too small for my comfort level. I'm 51 and wear prescription readers. So I decided to buy a large print Bible thinking it might be better. Well, I was so excited to get home from work today to get my box. I couldn't wait to sit down with my new Bible. Well, I opened the box and was totally disappointed at the size of it! Apparently I ordered Super Giant Print so the Bible is really big. It's embarrassingly large.  I can't carry this to church. So I've got to send it back AND I've got to pay the return shipping fee of $6. I found another one on Amazon that says it's just large print so I'm going to order it. So now I have to wait again. 

Update: I received the second Bible that is only large print. It's beautiful with a leather cover and the print is just large enough that I can see it while it's sitting on my lap. The cool thing is it fits in my Bible cover which I really like a lot and would have been bummed if I had to buy a new one. Because of the large print, I don't get all the extra notes that are in my other Bible but I rarely read them, relying on the commentary I had from other sources. So I think that will be fine. I already put on my new Book tabs and it's all set for me. I decided to start my studies with the book of Ruth. I found a study on Amazon and hopefully it will be good. I chose Ruth because that is the name of my Sunday School class. As of last Sunday, I'm an official Ruth girl and I decided I should probably know more about her. I don't know what I'll do next. I am just so excited about it all!

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 10

I hope you like the one from Amazon better!  I have a large print Bible, too, but I've started to use the Bible on my phone when I go to church or Bible study. It's nice not to have to remember to take it along.  I almost always remember my phone.

5 hours ago, Night Elf said:

My Bible's text is just a little too small for my comfort level. I'm 51 and wear prescription readers. So I decided to buy a large print Bible thinking it might be better. Well, I was so excited to get home from work today to get my box. I couldn't wait to sit down with my new Bible. Well, I opened the box and was totally disappointed at the size of it! Apparently I ordered Super Giant Print so the Bible is really big. It's embarrassingly large.  I can't carry this to church. So I've got to send it back AND I've got to pay the return shipping fee of $6. I found another one on Amazon that says it's just large print so I'm going to order it. So now I have to wait again. 

One of my dc has a Super Giant Print Bible -- you're right -- it is really, really large.  She needs it to be this large because of poor eyesight, so she carries it to church in a backpack.

I hope that you are able to get a size that is smaller than this one but still large enough to read.

11 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I have my scriptures on my laptop and on my phone.  I can adjust the size of the text for what is comfortable.  (and last year when I was having issues with my eyes - i set it to read it to me.)

I use my iPad for this reason. I like the YouBible app because it’s easy to navigate during Sunday School when we are flipping around a lot. I like Bible Study Tools when I study because it’s easy to navigate to the word study resources. 

14 hours ago, Night Elf said:

Note that "Large print" varies greatly. When I was looking I started looking at what font size the print was actually.  I have found this is one place reading on the Kindle is very nice -- I can make the font size as large as desired without having to carry around an extra large book.

I have been using my Bible app at church. It's so nice to be able to find the needed scripture so fast, but I prefer a book format for my studies at home. I have a devotionals app and sometimes I like to look up scripture to read more than their small quote but that means I have to close out of my devotional and bring up the Bible app. It's just annoying to switch back and forth. Plus all but one of the ladies in my Sunday School class have a Bible on their laps. One woman is using her phone. I must confess it feels a little weird to be using technology in church. I don't feel I'm holding the Word of God with my phone. A physical book feels much more religious to me. No clue why!

If this new Bible isn't much different from mine, I'm going to send it back and just continue using my phone.