Menu

Language Arts Program

LAmom

I'm looking for language arts for my 2nd grader (and maybe 5th grader/7th grader) for next year. I see Master Books, CLE, and Good & Beautiful recommended.  Is there anything like these that are secular (since we are with CA charter schools). I would love an engaging but more workbook style book for LA.

Thanks!

Spectrum Language Arts workbooks are secular. The Good and The Beautiful has the language arts levels 1-5 available for free if you want to use them. If you don't have an efficient way to print at home like a laser printer or HP Instant Ink, could you get them printed and bound at an office store and be reimbursed by the charter for printing costs? I only ask because the charter we belonged to when we lived overseas would allow you to do this regardless of whether what you print is secular.

Edited by sweet2ndchance

Memoria press has secular kits/ literature guides for charter schools! Evan Moore has language fundamentals books, and book shark has language arts packages as well. Easy grammar would work too.

Were in CA and with a charter, we use Christian curriculum just have to make sure there’s not any “Christian” things showing. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:58 PM, ghcostafamily said:

Were in CA and with a charter, we use Christian curriculum just have to make sure there’s not any “Christian” things showing

I’d like to do this. They don’t care where the sample came from? I guess, who sees the sample? Seems wrong. 😕  I just need simple, workbooks for some subjects next year. I like CLE language arts (from what I’ve seen; I’ve never used). I guess it’s only one part of the ELA so I could use samples from other stuff. 

Moving Beyond the Page is technically a workbook (it's spiral bound) but it's more creative.  So a mixture of fill in the blank worksheets with creative projects.  It can be a full curriculum, which tends to be overwhelming, or you can pick and choose.  

We have used a few for unit studies and found the Language Arts to be most to our liking.