Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
parent

FLL 1 & 2

I used FLL 3 with my daughter when she was 8 in 3rd grade.  I just purchased FLL 1 to preview for my son (will be an older 2nd grader, 8 in Oct. and has done LOE Foundations A-D.).  I'm surprised by how brief it is.  I know 1 & 2 together would make a full year's work, but I expected some workbook activities like FLL 3.  This seems like such minimal work that I wonder if I should skip 1 & 2 and go straight to 3 like I did before.  I liked the content of FLL 3 but it is just so dry, and I didn't like how teacher dependent it was.  Just when I think I've found the solution...

After doing 1 and most of 2 with dd10, I decided to skip it with my other girls. What I've done instead is the audiobook of Grammarland and the CD of grammar songs from Classical Academic Press then started FLL3 around 2nd grade. 

For what it's worth, next year were doing Beowulf grammar as a break for all my girls from FLL. It looks like it will make grammar fun for them. 

Edited by MeaganS

1 hour ago, MeaganS said:

After doing 1 and most of 2 with dd10, I decided to skip it with my other girls. What I've done instead is the audiobook of Grammarland and the CD of grammar songs from Classical Academic Press then started FLL3 around 2nd grade. 

For what it's worth, next year were doing Beowulf grammar as a break for all my girls from FLL. It looks like it will make grammar fun for them. 

I looked at Beowulf.  It looks cute and fun but is expensive to print and I don't like a hard copy.  I have been considering MCT for him but decided he was too young.  Maybe I should go ahead with MCT.  

2 minutes ago, ExcitedMama said:

You could do FLL1 and WWE1 with the latter having more written work. 

I have WWE1 (have used before) and plan to use it no matter what I use for grammar.