Menu

Who’s going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I'm so very sorry, Jean!!

The usuals are done, and it's going to be a long day. I'm taking ds and a friend to serve at a fundraising gala in Atlanta. Dr Tony Evans is the speaker, and I didn't know that when we signed up, so it's a definite added bonus!  

To Do:

• breakfast and lunch for ds and myself
  • tutor 4 students
  • school with ds in between tutoring
  • meet friends to go to the gala
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is it only Tuesday? 😅

shower

coffee, etc.

pack lunches

co op end-of-year picnic

take food/visit my parents (time permitting)

take dd13 and her friend to play practice

errands (Sam’s, bank)

pick up dd13

ds8 soccer game

home for supper (leftovers?)

prep for tomorrow 

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

Good morning!  DS17 is on Easter break, not a whole lot else going on here.

-coffee
-school with DS14
-laundry DONE: 2
-pick up book from library
-stop at grocery store for a few things
-call eye doctor for DS17
-organize dining room shelves
-figure out what pictures are going in foyer, what pics are going in upstairs hallway, etc
-straigthen up library

(see a theme here?  I took in a package off the neighbor's porch and they will be here later this week to retrieve it and I don't want my house looking like we just moved in 🙄)

-continue homeschool paperchase/honors verification
-early dinner (quiche)
-DS17 baseball game at 7 pm

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Today:

Dh is still not feeling well.

Drop dd at tutorial.  

Take ds to do school elsewhere - library, coffeeshop, park?  

Haircut for ds. This was "recess". He walked down from Starbucks, got trimmed up and came back to finish up. He is getting so independent. Nice! 

Michaels? 

Ds to/from Science class.  

Call mom  

AHG Camporee prep  

Pick up Dd.  

Dinner - cassoulet and green salad

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, hopeistheword said:

Is it only Tuesday? 😅

shower

coffee, etc.

pack lunches

co op end-of-year picnic 

errands (Sam’s, bank)

pick up dd13

ds8 soccer game

prep for tomorrow 

Ugh. I CANNOT get moving. Part of it is that I stayed up too late last night laughing at YouTube videos with my teens. Worth it, yes, but that doesn’t give me energy this morning. Part of it is that we’re entering two crazy busy periods—this week and next we have three days in a row of out of the house activities.  You’d think after a decade of homeschooling I’d know that this is how the springtime is and be prepared to cope with the freak-out feeling.  Nope.  Still freaking out internally.  And also lethargic because it’s a coping mechanism to avoid the stress of getting it all done. 

Not a little of this is also exacerbated by the fact that I’ll be solo parenting all week next week, and idk how on earth I’m going to manage to teach my night class AND manage soccer and play practice. That’s weighing heavily my mind.

I’m really looking forward to May when my CC class will be over and I can focus on JUST mom-ing and homeschooling. 

Thanks for reading my brain dump. 😬  I feel lighter enough now to at least get up and re-engage with kid wrangling and air traffic controlling. 😝

• Like 5

Good morning! Today is busy with some car juggling for fun. I excused dd2 from the state testing today- time and a half plus the LDs make standardized testing a silly endeavor. She has one class today and then lots of work. She is going out for a final visit this weekend and dh is tagging along- because this program is showing some red flags and he wants to see it first hand.

In between all the driving, chores, laundry, etc.

• coffee/paper
  • dog to the groomer, drop off (90 minutes round trip)
  • school with ds3
  • write
  • lunch out with ds2 and ds3
  • grocery store
  • ds3 to tennis
  • pick up dog, drop off ds2 at judo
  • home to pick up ds3, car to dh for rehearsal
  • pick up another car when dd2 gets home from practice
  • pick up ds2 from judo
  • home

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Today I have to finish everything I didn't finish yesterday.  I went to bed at 10:30 and didn't get up early as intended.  Guess I needed the sleep.

Done:

• Kid 1 up at 6am to finish homework.
  • Kid 2 up, made breakfast, packed gym bags, reviewed homework / helped with some questions, off to the school bus.  They were a couple minutes late.  😕
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Coffee.
  • Cash transfer.
  • Caught up on social media, news, emails.
  • A little reading.

To do:

• Some reports / reviews that should have been done yesterday.
  • Whatever other work gets done.
  • Bills.
  • Domestic stuff - whatever I can finish.
  • Kids' work.
  • Kid 2 to horse riding.
  • Kid 1 to gymnastics.
  • Whatever other kid work didn't get done.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.

I need to get some things ready for our trip.  I have to have copies of my kids' birth certificates and adoption papers in case anyone accuses me of child trafficking or something, because of where we're going.  Also need to finally switch over to my new computer.  I want to get a haircut, chiro appointments, and do a return to the craft store.  At some point I need to pack - need to have long sleeved shirts / jackets etc ... probably some other things I'm forgetting....

Edited by SKL
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Already done:

• fed horses, dogs, and cats
  • went into town to see FIL
  • went to bank
  • got coffee with dd
  • talked to my dad
  • texted with ds20 (he got his grade back on a tough calc test and is very happy🙂)
  • ate breakfast with dh

Still to do:

• school w/dd
  • clean kitchen
  • laundry
  • horse chores (paddock cleanup, and I might need to break out the fly spray today - it's buggy!)
  • office work - pay bills & file
  • dust something or vacuum something...
  • read
  • dinner: BBQ lentil sloppy joes with celery root slaw and roasted baby potatoes
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Is it only Tuesday? 😅

shower

coffee, etc.

pack lunches

co op end-of-year picnic

errands (Sam’s, bank)

pick up dd13

ds8 soccer game

prep for tomorrow 

We picnicked and visited and fished and played.  A good time was had by all.  On to the next thing. 

• Like 5

A good day until my mom called to say that my aunt (her sister) died early this morning. Not unexpected as she was 84 and in poor health, but still sad. She was my favorite aunt and we were close while I was growing up. 

Might mean a trip cross country with my mom for a funeral. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

13 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Is it only Tuesday? 😅

shower

coffee, etc.

pack lunches

co op end-of-year picnic

errands (Sam’s, bank)

pick up dd13

ds8 soccer game

prep for tomorrow 

Finally back home.  I’m pooped! 

• Like 3

This evening my hired driver had a minor accident (one car, no injuries) in my car.  The front bumper was completely broken off.  After ripping and cutting off some felt and bending some metal things away from the wheels, I was able to drive it to the service place and leave it there.  We'll see what this is gonna cost me.  Of course I feel badly for the driver - these things happen, and I'm sure it feels awful to do it to someone else's car.  For me, the only real problem is the time it takes to deal with it - but on the other hand, it's more interesting than another evening of accounting or kid homework.

I removed the audiobook we were listening to in the car, so we could finish it in the house ... but now I can't find it anywhere.  I found a pair of scissors on top of the trunk when I got to the service station.  I suppose that could be where I left the audiobook, and now it's probably on the road somewhere ... and this is my sister's, part of a set, which she said she wanted back ....  But, maybe I just accidentally left it on the back seat of the car, when I was looking for something under the seat.  I wouldn't notice it since the bumper was in the back seat.  Sigh.

I did finish one big project today.  It was late, but not a total disaster.

Meanwhile, the kids have been on facetime with a friend pretty much all evening.  He wanted help with science.  I think they talked about a lot of things other than science.

• Like 2