Menu

Any feedback on TPS PreCalc and/or the instructor Lisa Crosby?

Hi, all,

Looking for an alternative for PreCalc for my dd for the fall if she can't do math at the local hybrid in the fall.  (They don't put out their schedule until August, so I never know till a couple of weeks before the year begins if the class we want will be available at a time we can use. ERGH!)

If anyone has had a student take PreCalc with TPS or take any other class with L.Crosby, please, please let me know what you thought!  We've never used TPS for math, but I've been happy with their English courses, for the most part.

Please PM if that's easier!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 1:36 PM, yvonne said:

Hi, all,

Looking for an alternative for PreCalc for my dd for the fall if she can't do math at the local hybrid in the fall.  (They don't put out their schedule until August, so I never know till a couple of weeks before the year begins if the class we want will be available at a time we can use. ERGH!)

If anyone has had a student take PreCalc with TPS or take any other class with L.Crosby, please, please let me know what you thought!  We've never used TPS for math, but I've been happy with their English courses, for the most part.

Please PM if that's easier!

Thank you!

I was wondering if you signed up your dd for the TPS Precalc class? We are wondering the same thing! Thanks 

Hi,

No, I haven't signed my dd up, yet. I'm hoping that the local hybrid comes through because she did well last year with a live, face-to-face teacher with office hours.

Another option that I looked at was Wilson Hill Academy.  They have live, online classes that meet twice a week.  We've had the PreCalc teacher, Leslie Smith, for Alg. 1 and Geometry and been happy with her.  That would normally be my Plan B, if the face-to-face hybrid falls through, but I can't make the schedule fit. That's why I'm looking at TPS as Plan B. We've been very happy with their English classes, but haven't tried any math classes with them.

I haven't found much/any feedback on the TPS course which I usually take as a red flag. 😞

Good luck finding a good fit for your student. Please PM me if you hear anything about TPS or other options & I'll do the same!