Menu

Curtain Color?

LVG

Trying to decide on what color of curtains I want to use.  I have blue up now, but sort of feel like it’s a lot of colors going on...green table, tan couch, gray couch (not pictured), blue lower cabinets (also not pictured).  What color do you guys like better?  I put one gray panel up to see, but just can’t decide.

1372FFE2-63C5-41CA-89CE-8922B8826269.jpeg

I prefer the blue.  I would just add more blue accents.

You have a lot of brown going on in the room already--brown floors, brown couches, brown accents in the distressed nature of the table and bench.... Over time, with budget, I would go for a bigger rug (like 10'x14') so that the rug runs under both sides of the couches--and have that rug have some blue accents, some blue pillows on the couch, and some blue accents in the china cabinet and elsewhere. I think you can totally run with the green and yellow rustic thing and add robin egg blue in.  (And if you are anywhere near Hobby Lobby, they have a ton of farmhouse style art in those colors altogether.)

Edited by prairiewindmomma

Thanks!  Yes...lots of brown...we are planning to get new couches this fall in a lighter color.   We are also getting a coffee table from my SIL that I’m painting, which will help lighten up that space too.  I already have some mustard yellow accents, so that’s perfect!  And the rug is a great idea too.  I really sort of want to redo that table.  I actually painted it like that from an ugly brown, but I wished I had chosen to do either white or another light color.  Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1