Menu

What's with the ads?

Medicmom2.0

Finally good news

Aw that's great! Wish I still lived there. You'd be fun to meet!

Will you be able to get to Mt. Vernon?

1 hour ago, Chris in VA said:

Aw that's great! Wish I still lived there. You'd be fun to meet!

Will you be able to get to Mt. Vernon?

We are planning on Mt Vernon tomorrow. It was top on DS8’s wish list.  He’s all about George Washington right now.

The Smithsonian museum of natural history is also top on the wishlist. I have to figure out if I want to take the metro in or drive.  City driving doesn’t bother me but I know parking can be a problem. I’ve never attempted public transportation with the kids.

• Like 2

It’s not the program I really wanted, but once I toured that classroom I knew it wasn’t the best fit for him.  It was mostly nonverbal children with autism, and DS8 is very verbal, though it’s mostly information dumping, and lonely.  The classroom he’s going to is emotional disturbances, and while it’s not the greatest location for us, the classroom is best for him.

Also, I was offered and accepted the job I interviewed for today!  It is a regional family advocate position, supervising family advocates, and is perfect.   I’m finally using that MSW I haven’t touched in years and will be supporting and advocating for families with children with developmental disabilities and emotional/mental health needs.  I’m taking a huge pay cut, but I can stay working as a paramedic a day a week and we can afford the pay cut at this point.

oh—and the job, which came out of the blue last week and I was recruited for(didn’t apply, it was a friend of a friend recommendation), is in the same town DS8’s new class is in. So I truly feel like everything is meant to be.

Edited by Medicmom2.0
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Medicmom2.0 said:

It’s not the program I really wanted, but once I toured that classroom I knew it wasn’t the best fit for him.  It was mostly nonverbal children with autism, and DS8 is very verbal, though it’s mostly information dumping, and lonely.  The classroom he’s going to is emotional disturbances, and while it’s not the greatest location for us, the classroom is best for him.

Also, I was offered and accepted the job I interviewed for today!  It is a regional family advocate position, supervising family advocates, and is perfect.   I’m finally using that MSW I haven’t touched in years and will be supporting and advocating for families with children with developmental disabilities and emotional/mental health needs.  I’m taking a huge pay cut, but I can stay working as a paramedic a day a week and we can afford the pay cut at this point.

oh—and the job, which came out of the blue last week and I was recruited for(didn’t apply, it was a friend of a friend recommendation), is in the same town DS8’s new class is in. So I truly feel like everything is meant to be.

Yay!!! So much good. I'm really glad to see this all come together.