Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Jean in Newcastle

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

School

Swim

Continue with laundry (only mountain is of CLEAN clothes at the moment, but blech).

Packing (we start on TOY Area today... 2 hours each day sorting/cleaning/packing/selling until gone) -- we need to be ready to do the clothing this weekend!!

• Like 7

Good morning!

• run into town to check on FIL
  • stop at grocery store to get a bag of ice, spinach, celery, and Easter grass
  • stop at vet to get food and pill pockets - change time of Weds. appt.
  • school w/dd
  • office work (get caught up on bills)
  • barn chores (fill water tank and clean stalls)
  • text farrier
  • vacuum main floor
  • dinner: ??
  • Like 7

Good morning!

The usuals are done, and I'm sipping on my first cup of coffee.

To Do:

• meals (never bought groceries this weekend!)   breakfast and lunch done, tacos for dinner
  • school with ds       some done, more to go
  • look over tutoring for this week   some done, more to go
  • tutor 1 student
  • go through co-op things and pack what needs to go back to storage there
  • meal plan and grocery shopping
  • take ds to swim
  • tidy in dd's room and put on clean sheets (She comes home for Easter!)
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning!  DS17 is on Easter break from school.  His grades are dreadful and I told him he would not be sleeping until noon but instead will spend a bit of time each day getting caught up.  We will see how this goes.

-coffee
-school with DS14
-laundry DONE: 2
-call vet and get records sent to me, call new vet and set up appointment
-yard work (we had so much wind and rain last night that there are twigs and branches all over the yard)
-take DS17 to florist to order prom coursage
-Office Depot or someplace to buy dividers and tabs for homeschool paperchase
-if time, have DS17 try to clean off some of the gutters
-continue my homeschool record paper chase
-DS17 practice from 4:30-6:30
-dinner (Italian pork chops)
-watch a few episodes of 24 with family

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Good morning! dh and ds3 went up for their last day of skiing, ds2 is sleeping, and dd2 is headed to school early for a make-up test. I am without a car for much of the day- but I still have a few errands to do. It is going to be beautiful and warm today- so sitting outside is a must.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • bills/electronic chores
  • other chores
  • laundry
  • go through clothes- didn't do that this weekend
  • figure out end of year assessment for ds3- forgot all about that.
  • post office, ups place (got a misaddressed package at our house), copy place when I have a car for an hour
  • It's Monday- surely other things will crop up
  • dinner- Dh has something planned

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Slept in more than I meant to.  Still, I have already:

read dd14’s lit responses and assigned a short essay

read a few chapters in Night. Do I want my dd13 to read this? 😬🤔. She’s probably read stuff that is as horrifying, but my mama heart is still a bit squeamish about it. 

coffee + breakfast

snuggle with ds6

first round of wake up the teens 

to do:

Prod girls to get up

Shower and get completely ready

wrangle boys

school with boys

lunch

bake lasagna

school with girls (one of them—ran out of time)

get dd13 to play practice

take other three kids to Nana’s (make sure ds8 has soccer gear and all kids are appropriately dressed for the temps)

prep four poems for CC class

CC class

home to eat 

figure out tomorrow

laundry?(dh and kids have handled mostly)

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 7

Hi friends!  Today is a stressful day because it's the tax and reporting deadline and I am behind!  I didn't really get any work done all weekend.  (But it was a busy, fun weekend - that was why I was too exhausted at night to work!)

I need to buckle down because I'm traveling from Friday to the Sunday after Easter.  I have more deadlines at the end of the month and won't have time to work on them much after this Thursday.

I have something intestinal going on today.  I think I'm glad, because I ate many bad things yesterday and I am getting fat again.  Which is another thing I need to work on this week!  I've been better about exercise compared to the previous 3 months.  Now I need to be better about food.

Done:

• Many alarms, many snoozes.  Finally got up about 5:45.
  • Switched out the laundry & got coffee.
  • Sent some work and personal emails.
  • Helped Kid 1 with her math homework.
  • Kid 2 up, made breakfast, packed gym bag for kid's track practice, kids off to the school bus on time.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Checked emails, social media, news.
  • Some filing.
  • A little reading.
  • Started "work" work but didn't get very far.

To do:

• Text driver about this week's schedule.  (Need to figure out today's first - not really sure about something.)
  • Lots of work -
    • Review about 25 tax returns, maybe more, that are due today.
    • Make an investment into a company - due today.
    • File compliance reports for 1 client - due today.
    • File tax extensions/payments for myself and extensions for my parents & sister - due today.
    • Conference call today about wills / trusts / POAs / business agreements....
    • Whatever else I can finish today!
  • Make a chiro appt for the girls & me.
  • Pay bills.
  • Filing, calendar.
  • More laundry, cleaning, reading.
  • Some exercise.
  • Eat some greens!!
  • Try to start switching over to my "new" computer.
  • Kids' work.  Kid 1 has track and gymnastics; need to finish homework in between.
  • Whatever else gets done or whatever I'm forgetting.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 7

Good morning! Cool and sunny spring day here! 

• School with ds.
  • Check in with dd about her schoolwork and help her keep on track.
  • Ds to/from swimming. 
  • Quick Walmart trip.
  • Finish Easter basket shopping.
  • Order something for mom from Amazon.  

Dinner is leftovers because dh is on colonoscopy prep and can't eat. 

P.S. HopeistheWord, I would skip that bookfor a 13 yo.. Plenty of other holocaust/WW2 choices that are not so intense, overwhelming. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

Good Morning, everyone!   It is sunny and quite cool today (43).    

SKL, I will lift you up in prayers today along with my accountant too and so many others who have tax stress today.  

• morning stuff done except for fish
  • dd's military id/insurance partially done (need to keep on Humana to get their act together0
  • call Toyota parts to make sure they get the radio for dd's car we ordered at least 9 months ago
  • coumadin appt
  • research again for everything
  • hummingbird feeder
  • go to book club?
  • Like 7

Mailed a thank you note and two Easter cards. 

Conquered today's portion of decimals with ds.

• Like 5

Texted the driver.

Fed the critters.

Ate some spinach!  It's been a long time since I just had some raw spinach - I used to do this every day.

Washed 2 more loads of laundry.  Third one is ready to go as soon as my kid turns over her gym shirt that she is wearing to practice today.

Did a little more cleaning and reading.  Folded and put away some clothes.

Did my yoga & related exercises and a little tiny bit of walking.  Hope to walk more later.

Still procrastinating on my work that is due today !!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

P.S. HopeistheWord, I would skip that bookfor a 13 yo.. Plenty of other holocaust/WW2 choices that are not so intense, overwhelming. 

Thanks for this.  This confirms my gut feeling, having never read the whole thing. My dd is a pretty mature reader and has read a good bit of holocaust lit but nothing that reveals this level of the atrocity.  Instead I am having her skip Night and move on to the graphic bio  The Faithful Spy by John Hendrix. 

• Like 6

I gave The Faithful Spy to ds3 for Christmas- really well done.

bills paid, laundry going, 

waiting for the car to do the errands- should be here in 90 minutes.

• Like 6

Got my errands done this morning, then came home and did some office work, talked to our accountant, cleaned the kitchen, hung a load of laundry, and did horse chores.

It is a beautiful, sunny,  warm day. My crocuses are blooming again after being closed up for the past several days of chilly weather, and the early daffodils are blooming, too.

Dh is back in court this afternoon because, as we anticipated, someone is contesting his guardianship of FIL. It is one of the people who is suspected of stealing from FIL and who does not want dh overseeing his finances. I don't want to go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that our lawyer described this person's actions as "the single dirtiest thing I have seen in all my years of being a lawyer". So yeah, more fun times for us.🙄

• Like 5

dishwasher emptied and dishes put away

dishwasher filled with what I have but I will wait to run it when I have more to put in.  (Hopefully I remember - this is where my system often breaks down. . . )

counters all washed and wiped down.

kitchen handwashing all done

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Got my errands done this morning, then came home and did some office work, talked to our accountant, cleaned the kitchen, hung a load of laundry, and did horse chores.

It is a beautiful, sunny,  warm day. My crocuses are blooming again after being closed up for the past several days of chilly weather, and the early daffodils are blooming, too.

Dh is back in court this afternoon because, as we anticipated, someone is contesting his guardianship of FIL. It is one of the people who is suspected of stealing from FIL and who does not want dh overseeing his finances. I don't want to go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that our lawyer described this person's actions as "the single dirtiest thing I have seen in all my years of being a lawyer". So yeah, more fun times for us.🙄

Hopefully this backfires on this person in the sense that their behavior is brought into the light and stopped. 

• Like 5

Separated bills, junk and stuff-to-be-filed.

put the ceramic top cleaner on the stovetop and am letting it sit.

Dd has taken her schoolwork to the library. 

I am going to take a break for soft foods that hopefully won't upset my tummy any more. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

read a few chapters in Night. Do I want my dd13 to read this? 😬🤔. She’s probably read stuff that is as horrifying, but my mama heart is still a bit squeamish about it. 

coffee + breakfast

snuggle with ds6

to do:

Prod girls to get up

wrangle boys

school with boys

lunch

bake lasagna

school with girls 

take other three kids to Nana’s (make sure ds8 has soccer gear and all kids are appropriately dressed for the temps)

CC class

home to eat 

figure out tomorrow

laundry?

Y’all.  I just conferenced with my eldest, dd14, over a little lit essay I assigned.  I could cry.  Seriously.  Before she spent a semester in school, writing was SUCH a bone of contention between us.  Suddenly I have this mature teen not overreacting to writing or to instruction. Today went SO well.  Her rough draft is so good.  I don’t know whom to credit or thank; she was only in her English class for a month.  Was it a coalescing of skills I taught her and an absorption of all the reading aloud we’ve done? Did that English teacher work that much magic in such a short few weeks?

Whatever it is, I’ll take it. 

I might actually cry. 

• Like 5

For my kids, (except ds2 with an LD), writing was like waiting for a kid to start walking. They seemed so close and you were sure it was going to be THAT day, and then it was not. It just happened, at different times for different kids.

I would despair that they would never write a decent paragraph and then all of the sudden- boom- decent work, then good work. Then pretty damn good work.

Somewhere between 14-17, And for ds2, writing is always a struggle- but he got an A on his last paper at school. 

I got my errands done- 

Still need to go through my clothes, and clean up the kitchen and some general tidying.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, hopeistheword said:

Y’all.  I just conferenced with my eldest, dd14, over a little lit essay I assigned.  I could cry.  Seriously.  Before she spent a semester in school, writing was SUCH a bone of contention between us.  Suddenly I have this mature teen not overreacting to writing or to instruction. Today went SO well.  Her rough draft is so good.  I don’t know whom to credit or thank; she was only in her English class for a month.  Was it a coalescing of skills I taught her and an absorption of all the reading aloud we’ve done? Did that English teacher work that much magic in such a short few weeks?

Whatever it is, I’ll take it. 

I might actually cry. 

That is the age where my daughter could suddenly write without tears and  huge fights. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

coffee + breakfast

snuggle with ds6

to do:

Prod girls to get up

wrangle boys

school with boys

lunch

bake lasagna

CC class

home to eat 

figure out tomorrow

laundry?

Do any of you just sit in your vehicle when you get home, enjoying the peace and quiet and the relative lack of nagging chores? 

Just checking.

Next up:  go inside 😝, put lasagna in the oven, and prep for CC class. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, hopeistheword said:

Do any of you just sit in your vehicle when you get home, enjoying the peace and quiet and the relative lack of nagging chores? 

Just checking.

Next up:  go inside 😝, put lasagna in the oven, and prep for CC class. 

No, I'm always in a big hurry to get in the house and see my dogs. But maybe I should try this - I need more peace and quiet in my life!:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Thanks for this.  This confirms my gut feeling, having never read the whole thing. My dd is a pretty mature reader and has read a good bit of holocaust lit but nothing that reveals this level of the atrocity.  Instead I am having her skip Night and move on to the graphic bio  The Faithful Spy by John Hendrix. 

We just had this from the library and it it good. Still weighty, but not so bleak and dark. 

• Like 4

Well, I finished & mailed the tax extensions / payments, met the client reporting deadline (with some glitches which got fixed), and survived the conference call which was almost 2 hours long.  Also picked up my kid from track practice.

I still have to finish reviewing those client tax returns today, but they must have extended the returns based on some emails I saw with others.  Most companies do extend the returns, but I wasn't sure about these guys, as we usually get this kind of work done way earlier in the year.

Back to it - client is on central time so it's not quite 4:30 there....

• Like 4

Well, I got most of my morning list done. Though Easter basket shopping was only moderately successful. Still need some dark chocolate and another small git for Dd. 

Also returned an overdue library book (The Faithful Spy!) and picked up another load of WW2 books. 

Dh has a stomach bug, so can't do his colonoscopy tomorrow. Poor thing - he feels awful. I disinfected both bathrooms and have attacked the house with Clorox wipes. Breathing shallowly. Sent the kids outside. Thinking I will take Ds to the library or Starbucks or both for school tomorrow. Dd will be at her tutorial all day. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

I ended up staying for the puppy playdate.  I stayed far away in the great outdoors and didn't infect anyone.  If I am actually sick.  I can't tell if I am sick or if I might have been glutened.

Dealt with a panicked 21 year old Aspie son who had to be told that the "4" on his licence tabs was for the month of April and didn't mean that it had expired on the fourth day. . .    Sigh.  I have now paid for new tabs and have to pick them up and send them to him so that he will be legal when they really do expire at the end of the month. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Well, I got most of my morning list done. Though Easter basket shopping was only moderately successful. Still need some dark chocolate and another small git for Dd. 

Also returned an overdue library book (The Faithful Spy!) and picked up another load of WW2 books. 

Dh has a stomach bug, so can't do his colonoscopy tomorrow. Poor thing - he feels awful. I disinfected both bathrooms and have attacked the house with Clorox wipes. Breathing shallowly. Sent the kids outside. Thinking I will take Ds to the library or Starbucks or both for school tomorrow. Dd will be at her tutorial all day. 

Hope your dh feels better!

What’s going in your baskets?  I need inspiration. 

And how funny that you had out The Faithful Spy! 😝

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, hopeistheword said:

What’s going in your baskets?  I need inspiration. 

Ds: Mini Nerf gun, sunglasses, baking soda powered submarine toy (He still loves to take a bath with all his action figures, Playmobil ship etc!), stress/squish ball, Chick-fil-A gift card, chocolate, robin eggs and Trader Joe's jelly beans (no artifical coloring, which he is sensitive to).

Dd: Calligraphy pens, Chick-fil-A gift card, chocolate, robin eggs and jelly beans.  Need to add a few things -  notecards and maybe some nice soap or a piece of jewelry? Maybe some other art supplies? I think she wants to pick out her own sunglasses. Maybe movie tix/gift card? Teenagers are harder than youngers! 

• Like 4

I'm just now getting to this. New calf at 0100. Looked to be about an hour old. They were at the far side of the pasture, and dh is a grump, and it was 34 degrees, so I chanced it and left them out. Plus I would have had to move mom and the twins. The heifer calf isn't looking great--dh tube fed her today, but this afternoon, she's lying with her head up! So was the bull calf. Had another calf about an hour ago.

Walked 8 miles so far, but I got sick in town, so I'm home for an hour, trying not to puke. Didn't make it to the grocery store.

Got another notebook and dividers to make a troop notebook for a new Scout tonight. We're doing First Aid kit building and restocking. Got out a hand-me-down shirt for new Scout. Asked SM to bring a temp neckerchief. Well, new boy will NOT be joining. He does not feel that he and his mom can agree with the obligation to God part of joining Scouts. 

Piles of laundry

at least I don't have to make dinner

write kids

read

write donation to a friend's ensemble: SphereEnsemble.org  and mailed it

nagged dh about taxes--he messed them up AGAIN!!!!  I don't see how we could pay ours w/o having the ranch's done, that we filed an extension on

returned library book

And I just left Scouts--I'm down with the bug. Ugh.

Edited by Margaret in CO
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

coffee + breakfast

snuggle with ds6

to do:

Prod girls to get up

wrangle boys

school with boys

lunch

bake lasagna

CC class

home to eat 

figure out tomorrow

laundry?

Now for a late supper and having all my little birdies back in one nest 

• Like 3

Complicated car things- but I got a walk in and managed to pick up ds3 WITH the check for tennis that was due today. 

Dh is making Chicken Tikka Masala and Naan (I made dough earlier), so a yummy dinner ahead.

dd2 should be home pretty soon- she got a great offer from one school today, so she is feeling pretty good. Two excellent possibilities so far- two more to find out about.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

coffee + breakfast

snuggle with ds6

to do:

Prod girls to get up

wrangle boys

school with boys

lunch

bake lasagna

CC class

home to eat 

figure out tomorrow

laundry?(dh and kids have handled mostly)

Instead of figuring out tomorrow, tonight I opted to work on Wednesday night's CC class because the next two days are super busy with out-of-the-house stuff. So I'll have to figure out tomorrow. . . tomorrow. (I'm doing that a lot lately.)  Being two days ahead on my class feels pretty good, though. 

Now off to check on the laundry and then TO BED! 

Good night, all!

• Like 3