Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Home church

Some cooking for the week

Clean out pantry (bad) food items, so they can go out with the organic trash tomorrow.

List more items for sale

Deliver Treadmill to SS (the one I sold yesterday)

Tape up boxes from yesterday (with additional tape purchased today)

Kids work on sorting toy area for 2 hours.

Pack up remainder of the books.

Wash shelves (oldest son & husband take them apart and flat-pack them for delivery as they are sold)

Get ready for tomorrow.

• Like 6

I Sleepy this morning thanks to the tornado warning that kept us up until 1 am. Welcome to springtime (really, anytime) in AL! 

Deep condition hair

coffee/read

shower

dry hair and finish getting ready

church

pick up items I didn’t buy at grocery Friday 🙄—bread, shredded cheese, milk, bananas, what else?

lunch: pulled pork sandwiches

bag extra pork for freezer

finish assembling lasagna for Monday night’s supper

Send SAT email !!!! (1 of 2 sent, but will probably wait a few days for the other one)

CC prep

homeschool prep

walk or hike?  DH and I took a walk, all by ourselves.  It was lovely, though cold and windy.

Nap? (Just being honest. . .😝)

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• check on FIL
  • get gas
  • still need to get some things for kids' Easter baskets - ask dh for ideas...
  • food prep for week: make hummus, quinoa, instant pot black beans, roast beets, turnips, & mushrooms, cut up veggies
  • figure out week & update calendar - lots of things up in the air at this point
  • put away laundry
  • maybe clean the interior of my car - it is so dusty
  • read
  • dinner: veggie burgers
  • Like 5

We are back from Mass and a donut run. Today is mostly relaxing- the weather should be lovely and dh and ds3 will play tennis. ds2 has some new games to try and it should be a quiet day. Dmil is coming for dinner.

• coffee/paper
  • a few chores
  • laundry- towels
  • read
  • check in with dd1 and ds1
  • enjoy the day

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Well, I got tired of being in bed, so after everyone left for church, I made some breakfast, listend to an excellent Palm Sunday sermon by Ligon Duncan and then started doing things around the house. 

Done:
Pork roast in the oven.
Culled and reorganized the linen closet! Two large bags for the thrift shop in my car.
Washed bath and kitchen towels.
General tidying and picking up.
Watered my Easter lily.
Made the bed.

Next up:
Ginger lemon tea with honey.
Catch up on some Literature so I can discuss it with Dd this coming week.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Sleepy this morning thanks to the tornado warning that kept us up until 1 am. Welcome to springtime (really, anytime) in AL! 

Deep condition hair

coffee/read

shower

church

pick up items I didn’t buy at grocery Friday 🙄—bread, shredded cheese, milk, bananas, what else? 

bag extra pork for freezer?

Send SAT email !!!!

CC prep

homeschool prep

walk or hike? 

Now I’m sitting in the van in the church parking lot waiting for my hair to dry a bit more. 🤨. Dd13 had to be here early to serve in the 2-3 yo class. 

I’m enjoying the silence after listening to ds8 read Calvin & Hobbes aloud all the way to church. 🤣

• Like 5

• Woke up late.
  • Late to confirmation class kuz kid did take that shower she promised, without my reminding her.  (I probably would have let her wait until after church under the circumstances.)
  • Skipped adult Sunday School kuz I didn't want to walk in super late.  I checked the news and stuff.
  • Signed up for weather alert re the kids' 4pm race - it might storm, but not sure what time.
  • Church - kids "helped" in the nursery, so I sat alone.  I guess I'm getting used to sitting alone.
  • Signed a school paper while still at the church / school so kid can't say she forgot it again!
  • Told the kids to bin their dirty laundry and get their homework done.  Too lazy to check on them right now.  But, I do have their electronics so ....
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media.

To do:

• Pack clothes for kids to wear to theater tonight.
  • Work.
  • Kids to race, if it isn't cancelled.
  • To theater - Phantom of the Opera.
  • Home to finish whatever homework still isn't done.
  • Lots of work kuz tax deadline is tomorrow.
  • Like 6

Went to the store to buy Easter care package stuff for dd1. She is gearing up for the last two weeks of school and recovering from her knee arthroscopy. That went well, I think. They found some things that didn't show up on the MRI, so we are all hopeful. 

dd2 is off to bf's house. The boys are playing video games.

I am going to try to nap- but I am sure that as soon as I lay down, dh will come home.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Sleepy this morning thanks to the tornado warning that kept us up until 1 am. Welcome to springtime (really, anytime) in AL! 

Deep condition hair

coffee/read

shower

church

Send SAT email !!!!

CC prep

homeschool prep

walk or hike? 

I finished lunch (which wasn’t as simple as just warming up the pork for sandwiches) and also roasted some sweet potato slices for snacking this week.

I’m skipping the next six items on my list and going straight for the nap! 🤣

• Like 5

ScoutTN, I just prayed for you to get better.  I hope you enjoy your reading!

Hopeistheworld- we didn't get a warning but as I was about to go to bed, the loudest thunder/explosion I have heard in so, so, so, many years happened here. 

• Coffee, breakfast, church
  • prep for Easter (started)
  • research, research, research  -medical, legal, travel  -doing now
  • replant some plants we bought yesterday at Garden plant sale  (did ALL of them)
  • hummingbird feeder (tomorrow0
  • laundry
  • dinner

Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TravelingChris said:

ScoutTN, I just prayed for you to get better.  I hope you enjoy your reading!

Hopeistheworld- we didn't get a warning but as I was about to go to bed, the loudest thunder/explosion I have heard in so, so, so, many years happened here. 

• Coffee, breakfast, church
  • prep for Easter
  • research, research, research  -medical, legal, travel
  • replant some plants we bought yesterday at Garden plant sale
  • hummingbird feeder
  • laundry
  • dinner

It got pretty rough in our vicinity, I think. My sister, who lives about 10-15 miles away from us, was out at 3 am surveying the damage in her neighborhood.  She said she thought the windows in the back of her house were going to blow out.  It was straight line winds, though, as far as I know. 

Did you shop at the botanical garden sale? We used to join every year because it was hands down my favorite place to take my kids when they were younger.  Now with teens we’ve somewhat outgrown it, so we no longer get a membership, but I do like to visit on occasion and also to attend the sale. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Deep condition hair

coffee/read

shower

church

Send SAT email !!!!

CC prep

homeschool prep

walk or hike? 

Granola in oven

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

I Sleepy this morning thanks to the tornado warning that kept us up until 1 am. Welcome to springtime (really, anytime) in AL! 

Deep condition hair

coffee/read

shower

church

bag extra pork for freezer

Send SAT email !!!! (1 of 2 sent, but will probably wait a few days for the other one)

CC prep

homeschool prep

walk or hike?  DH and I took a walk, all by ourselves.  It was lovely, though cold and windy.

Add to list:  finalize Christian Book Distributors order and divvy up the cost of my Thrive Market order I'm splitting with my sister and friend

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Add to list:  finalize Christian Book Distributors order and divvy up the cost of my Thrive Market order I'm splitting with my sister and friend

Christian Book Distributors order placed.

Started working on the Thrive Mkt order but ultimately decided I don’t have the brainpower for it right now

Going to bed to read! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScoutTN said:

Sunday evening has become our family movie night lately.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington was tonight's movie and we all enjoyed it. Dh and kids had never seen it before. Kids know what a fillibuster is now! 😉

I’ve never seen this movie, either, though I 💖 Jimmy Stewart.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hopeistheword said:

I’ve never seen this movie, either, though I 💖 Jimmy Stewart.

Made in 1939 by Frank Capra. Oscar winner for Best Picture, I think. JS is so young! The ending is too quick, after a two hour movie, but overall it's a super movie. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

It got pretty rough in our vicinity, I think. My sister, who lives about 10-15 miles away from us, was out at 3 am surveying the damage in her neighborhood.  She said she thought the windows in the back of her house were going to blow out.  It was straight line winds, though, as far as I know. 

Did you shop at the botanical garden sale? We used to join every year because it was hands down my favorite place to take my kids when they were younger.  Now with teens we’ve somewhat outgrown it, so we no longer get a membership, but I do like to visit on occasion and also to attend the sale. 

Yes, at the botanical garden sale.  i live about only about 6 miles away and I love gardens as do all of my family.  I am there probably usually at least once a month, if not more, depending on how I am feeling and who is going with me, if anyone.  I am a super garden lover--- We visit gardens just about anywhere we go too. 

• Like 4