Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Laundry (I am essentially caught up -- just the stuff hanging outside (raining hard today, so it's not going to be dry).
  • Pack up the remaining empty boxes (once those are done... I can't do any more until we buy more!)
  • Trip to the dump (getting rid of some major trash)
  • Kids continue cleaning up the toy area (sorting all of the bins of things we've collected that weren't put away the first time)
  • Bathroom Cleaning
  • Send off NCAA paperwork (done)

Get some of the furniture sent to it's new homes!

ETA: Ran out of packing tape... surprised my hubby by selling our European Treadmill for $250 in less than 10 minutes (he wanted to sell it for $50).  My goal is to sell off about $3,000 worth of stuff (I am giving some away free, and haven't yet touched the school and miscellaneous books, and we haven't gotten to the toys or camping gear, either.  Still so much to go!!)  By next week, most of my downstairs furniture that is being sold will be gone.  I still have a long way to go, though.

Edited by LisaK in VA is in IT
update
  • Like 6

Busy Saturday

• Work related event this morning.  A friend doesn't have a way to get there, so I am going out of my way (20 miles R/T) to take her too.  Hoping this gets us somewhere with the board re: issues in the district.  
  • Looking at a few houses having open houses this afternoon  
  • Showing for our house at 3 (hoping DH and youngest clean up while I am at my work event) .  
  • Dinner/Bible Study tonight (I am going to have to pick up some take out or something, house showing will go all the way up to dinner/pot luck) .  
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 6

Good morning!

• really need to get some housework and laundry done this morning
  • make changes to my Chewy autoship
  • the boys are coming down, so ds20 and I will get some barn chores done (I save all the heavy-lifting work for when he's home😉)
  • remember to give ds18 his mail
  • in the afternoon, we are going back up to school with the boys
  • dh, ds18, and dd are going to a movie - I might go, but not sure - I get antsy at movies and usually end up reading out in the lobby
  • go out to eat afterwards?
  • stop to check on FIL on our way home
  • evening chores
  • take a sauna and relax tonight
  • Like 6

Good morning! I am up early- slept most of the night, so I will take it. It snowed a little last night- I am ready for spring! Today is relaxed Saturday. Dh has rehearsal this morning, lots of tennis this afternoon and ds2 comes in at 5 (dh will pick him up) and dd2 in at midnight (I will get her). Otherwise, I have a few chores, but mostly writing and needlework.

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • when temps get above freezing- uncover plants and move some pots into the sun.
  • clean bathrooms
  • clean under the kitchen sink-shouldn't be bad- I have been trying to do this regularly
  • laundry
  • look through closet- get a pile for drycleaners
  • tennis drop off/pick up
  • airport runs

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Busy Saturday here, too.

• Up and shower
  • Pork roasts in crockpot for pulled pork
  • DH handled the beginning of the laundry (woo-hoo! This is one reason I love Saturdays! Adult help!  LOL) 
  • DD13 to CC for ACT (I saw 4-5 students turned away due to lack of ID. This kind of blows my mind. Why wouldn't you read the instructions for something you paid for?)
  • Camp out at Chick Fil A to grade for CC class 
  • Pick up DD 13 (dh did)
  • Pick up the bread I forgot to buy last night at the grocery store
  • Home for more housework and cooking (will figure out what needs to be done once I see what was accomplished in my absence)
  • Think through and plan DD14's English for the remainder of the year/credit; general homeschool planning
  • Send SAT email to moms who are testing
  • Go out to visit my parents and take them some food
  • Watch a movie or play a game with family
  • Early to bed? (Ha!)
Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 6

Happy Saturday!

Last night was great with the kids and their friends.  They had a field trip, testing, bowling, and then I took several to dinner, ice cream, candy shopping, and the playground, followed by a show of their choice (at home, just my kids) and a reasonable bedtime.  This is practically utopia!  One unique part was sharing a chocolate covered scorpion.  (I did not partake in that.)

Today is going to be busy too.

• Throw in a load of laundry.
  • Kid 2 to the horse barn.
  • Switch out the laundry.
  • Kid 1 ready & both kids to TKD.  [Food before or after.]
  • Kids to friend's house for a few hours.
  • Work, bills, calendar, filing ....
  • More laundry.
  • Some sort of exercise.
  • Kid's confirmation test.
  • Kids' homework / test study / music practice.
  • Evening - watch a play in which kids' friend is an actor.
  • Kid showers / hair washes.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work!
  • Like 7

Good morning!

Dd and I both slept way late and are just now getting breakfast made. Dh has commandeered my van for moving some furniture.

To do:

dry rub on the pork roast

meal planning and make a grocery list

pick up ds?? Dh may do this.

help my mom with some stuff

house cleaning! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy Saturday here, too.

• Up and shower
  • DH handled the beginning of the laundry (woo-hoo! This is one reason I love Saturdays! Adult help!  LOL) 
  • DD13 to CC for ACT (I saw 4-5 students turned away due to lack of ID. This kind of blows my mind. Why wouldn't you read the instructions for something you paid for?)
  • Pick up DD 13
  • Home for more housework and cooking (will figure out what needs to be done once I see what was accomplished in my absence)
  • Think through and plan DD14's English for the remainder of the year/credit; general homeschool planning
  • Early to bed? (Ha!)

I’m knee deep in research papers so dh is going to pick up dd13 so I can finish this. 

• Like 4

Did four loads of laundry.

Cleaned the kitchen & ran dishwasher.

Tidied up main floor.

Emptied garbage cans throughout house.

Restocked paper towels and tp.

Cleaned fridge & restocked beverages.

Did horse chores.

Now I’m riding with ds20 in his truck. We’re going to meet up with the others and ds20, dd, and I are going to a Chinese restaurant for lunch while dh and ds18 go to their movie.

• Like 5

Good afternoon!

The day started with sleeping in, and then dh took the car for an oil change. I picked him up because it would be awhile, and we out to breakfast. 

I've been paying bills, and catching up on some more financial stuff, including putting our state taxes in the mail. I've done some laundry but have more to go. 

The rest of the day is tidying, laundry, dinner, and watching Vikings. I'll think about school tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Went to a Chinese restaurant that we’ve never been to before. Food was just so so, and the owner scolded us for not finishing everything on our plates.🤷‍♀️

Dd and I went to Walmart so she could get some kpop cd that just came out. It was so crowded in there, ugh.

Now we’re enjoying some peace and quiet in the car while waiting for the movie to get out.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Went to a Chinese restaurant that we’ve never been to before. Food was just so so, and the owner scolded us for not finishing everything on our plates.🤷‍♀️

"We would've finished it if it had been better!" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So far so good.

While the kids were at TKD, I decided to go for a walk.  I like as much green as possible, so I walked out behind the nearby businesses where there is some grass & a ravine with trees.  Climbed a hill and came down in another location, behind another business.  It was getting close to time to meet my kids, so I headed toward the road, but the place was fenced up with barbed wire on top and chains and padlocks on every gate.  (I was locked inside.)  I finally found a part of the gate where there was a depression in the ground and I might be able to slither under.  Praying that my butt wasn't too big, I laid down my coat and slid over it to avoid getting my clothes covered with mud.  Success!  I am sure I am on some security camera somewhere ....

I took the kids to their friend's house, where I hope they are helping his mom clean up her yard.  I made a grocery run, folded some laundry, and now I'm supposed to be "working" until I go pick up my kids and bring them home to study.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Dd and I went to Walmart so she could get some kpop cd that just came out. It was so crowded in there, ugh.

Now we’re enjoying some peace and quiet in the car while waiting for the movie to get out.

BTS?  Black Pink?  That is all I'm hearing about these days ....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy Saturday here, too.

• Up and shower
  • Pick up DD 13 (dh did)
  • Early to bed? (Ha!)

I am happy to report that not only did I get the research papers graded and the grades posted, I also got some journals graded and posted.  AND I am semi-ready to teach Monday night.  This is quite an accomplishment!  Woo hoo!

• Like 5

Just made our Malleys fundraiser order for Easter.  I was going to let the kids do it, but I got tired of waiting for a good time.  They are busy all weekend and the deadline is Monday ... plus we are going on vacation starting Friday, so it really has to get here before then!

Speaking of which - I have a lot of stuff to do before we fly out.  I also remembered some things I was supposed to do in advance of the April 15 tax deadline.  I will be busy once I get settled in this evening / night ....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Margaret in CO said:

Crazy busy Saturday. Our Settlers of Catan Scout fundraiser was basically a bust--we only had 3 people, so one Scouter jumped in to make the 4th. However, we also did the flag ceremony for the American Legion District meeting at the Elks and it went very well. And we finished a boy's Eagle project! 50 new flags on poles. Each flag has a veteran's name embroidered on it. In the meantime we had a new calf....and then a set of twins! Twins will have to be bottle fed for awhile--mom's milk hasn't come it. They won't be able to go out to the herd this summer most likely. We can't graft one twin on the cow that lost hers as she still can't stand up consistently after her c-section. The twins were boy/girl, so the girl will be sterile. I am exhausted as I only got 3.5 hours of sleep because of the snowstorm last night and checking cows. But we have a new Scout! He'll join the troop on Monday. So I guess the fundraiser was for a Scout, not money!

Was this to play the game of Catan? I would have been all over a fundraiser like that! I love strategy board games, much more so than my dh and ds. I get to play more when dd is home. I've thought about seeking out a group of people to play regularly, but I don't know if there would be much interest or not. And I wonder where I would find the time! 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy Saturday here, too.

• Up and shower
  • Pick up DD 13 (dh did)
  • Early to bed? (Ha!)

We have pulled pork for tomorrow’s lunch or supper. I have homemade pasta sauce in the crockpot for lasagna assembly tomorrow. 

We might watch a movie with the girls when the boys go to bed, if I can talk them into something besides superhero action/adventure (they love them, but this HSP doesnt like them at all). 

But first: one last round of kitchen cleaning. 

‘Night, all!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

Yes, but we only had professors and a classified employee come. I think we started too early in the morning. It was a first time for this, and we're willing to try again. I'm glad we had the other things for the Scouts to do. It was the Scout dad who actually won, but it WAS a national qualifier tournament, so the next place guy will actually go--the 1st has national marbles for his kid that week. Most tournaments are held in game stores, but we used the business building at the college. It was a great time; I just think the purpose was to pick up the kid with ASD for the troop perhaps. And that's just fine. We only played 4 games, so were out of there way earlier than planned. I got 2 hours of nap! National Catan sent the prizes, so we weren't any money. 

https://www.catanstudio.com/events/catan-world-championship/catan-national-qualifier-2019-season/

Interesting! And I love that you gained a new scout! 

• Like 2

Back home after the play about 11:00.  I am tired, but my kid wanted to take a 2nd shower and wash her hair, so I am up waiting for her to tell me she's ready to sleep.  (Also to exterminate bugs should she see any.  Not my favorite part of being a mom.)

Other kid promises she will wake up early and shower.  She promises she will not give me a hard time about it in the morning.  We'll see.

I was intending to do some work tonight, but I am just too tired.  I will see if I can get up early tomorrow and do some.  It's gonna be another very busy day tomorrow.

• Like 2

It’s technically Sunday morning, but there’s no thread yet, so here I am. . .snuggled up in the basement with my family under mounds of blankets and pillows, waiting out a tornado watch. 

I did finally finish The Chosen, which I’ve been reading for a couple of weeks, thanks to this “extra” time. 

I do not like tornado season. 

• Like 2