Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

I think Thursday is going to tackle me!  Never mind that's 3:30 am here.....

Coffee
Bible
Speech x 3
Meeting with our homeschool coordinator/friend
Work on a paper
School for kiddos
Piano lessons
Supper
Poetry Recital for 6yo, 7yo, 9yo, and 10yo tonight.

• Like 9

Good morning!

The usuals are done. On to the rest of the day.

• meals          breakfast and lunch done
  • school with ds
  • errand out to go to the bank   actually forgot to go to the bank!
  • while out: pick up a presentation board for ds, supplies for my classes tomorrow, some things to give as gifts to co-op support staff
  • tutor 1 student
  • finalize everything for my 2 classes tomorrow
  • take ds to swim
  • pack up co-op
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 7

Good morning!  Nice to see you here, Kelly and Amy!

Well my goal is to clear out some of the junk mishmash of plantings done on one side of my property.  I told DH what I planned to do and he thinks it is too much for one person.  Hmmmm.  Plus, DS14 saw a snake outside the other day (I am deathly, irrationally pertrified of them - doesn't matter if it is the size of a worm or an anaconda). DS17 and DH have no doubt seen others but know better than to tell me about it.  🤣 Maybe I should stick to indoor projects.  But if I wait around for DH to do something about it I'll be here forever.  

-coffee
-DS17 off to school

-school with DS14
-laundry DONE: 1
-continue my quest to find an eye doctor that takes our insurance (for both DS17 and DS14)
-either do outside or inside work (no shortage of either, unfortunately)
-bake a quiche around 2 pm
-run to subway to get DS17 a sandwich for between games
-double header baseball for DS17 today - games at 4:30 and 7:30 (supposed to rain tomorrow so the games were put back to back today)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 7

Snuggle with boys in bed

coffee

order dd13 ballet slippers for play costume

read

shower

Supper in crockpot (porkchops)

laundry (ongoing)

school boys

lunch

work on supper

Girls one-on-one (with one; ran out of time for both, though I did help her through some sticky geometry)

out and about: dd13 to play practice; dd14 to get her dress hemmed for the upcoming co op formal; ds8 to soccer practice

home to supper

figure out SAT stuff (I’m the co op testing admin this year 🥴) and send emails 

whatever else I manage to do 

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 7

Good morning! We are up early, dd2 has a makeup test before school, and then a couple of classes and then a trip to the airport. We got almost 3 inches of snow yesterday, but the temps should get above freezing for most of the day. I hope ds3 is better- he is sick, but wow, a lot of complaining happened yesterday.

• coffee/paper
  • call attendance office again- really getting silly now
  • emails, other calendar things
  • school with ds3- if he is better, a little even if he is not.
  • write
  • dd2 to airport
  • home to chores, tennis?
  • read and write some more
  • Figure out dinner- just three of us

Have a great day!

• Like 8

Good morning!

Glad to *see* you Kelly and Amy!

Today:

• Drop Ds at umbrella school for standardized testing
  • Whole Foods 
  • Talk with Dd about her plan for today. Check math. 
  • Deskwork!
  • McKay's?
  • Pick up Ds. 
  • Ds to an evening activity.
  • AHG with Dd.

Dinner is chx stir fry and potstickers. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 8

Morning everyone! (that was my attempt at being a happy morning person...  I'm not a morning person at all.  Really.  Even after coffee. )

• Start laundry, fold yesterday's loads
  • throw some chicken in the crock pot, so I can think about supper more later
  • school, school, school.
  • quick pick up downstairs before early lunch, laundry in dryer
  • everyone in the van to take older boys to class
  • come home and put preschooler down for nap, do lunch dishes, finalize supper direction
  • afternoon school with younger ones and fold laundry
  • pick up older boys from class
  • finish supper and gobble it down
  • clear table and rinse dishes quickly
  • Bible Study group
  • come home and grade geometry proofs--I'm a few lessons behind in grading. 

Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

• pick up medicines at Publix and take bp med (of course, they didn't call in one medicine correctly so I have to drive to show them box)Super yeah- phone system working (power was out yesterday for a large part of the city and everyone has been having issues with phones. computer system switches, bladdy  b;ah) and got it done by phone
  • laundry
  • trip planning
  • talking to pharmacists (1 down), making appointments, (picking up more meds/// if in, dropping off dead meds, returning library books, pick up debit card -tomorrow10
  • take shot at 11am
  • ancestry.com
  • try to find someone to talk with (psych, Stephen Minister, etc)
  • what the hell is wrong w/ my brain (print out article) and print out what it wrong with liver too and genetic test results questions, etc, etc.
  • check if my doctor responded to article request or how to get access to JAMA article
  • dinner/
  • stress kills
  • What kind of hepatitis do I probably have- drug induced (which one) or autoimmune or fluke of testing/? (So happy we are moving along.  Rheum isn't too worried because not that elevated.  I am very happy because I got some answers, finding more of them, and next step is my primary tomorrow who can order the liver antibody tests,etc, and referm to gastro)
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

Happy almost-Friday!

I have to buckle down and get to work so I can do TKD with my kids tonight.  BUT I was just informed that my housemate is having someone come over to do some work for her at 4:30, and she won't be here.  So I am supposed to let him in and supervise him until she gets here ... she says she will be here at 5:00, but she almost never arrives when she says she will - especially if she has someone like me to cover for her.  So I hope she doesn't nix my plans to finally get my butt to TKD after years of missing it due to work and health.  Plus, I think I may be starting my P... which could be a problem for TKD ... but I must think positively!

Done:

• Laundry in the wee hours so kid could have a clean gym suit and white shirt.
  • Kids up about 7am.
  • Reviewed / corrected math homework.
  • Kids off to the school bus just barely on time.  Only 28 more school mornings!!
  • Coffee.
  • Processed the last load of clothes from the dryer.
  • Sister called and we had a nice chat about raising tween girls!  That makes 3 girl chats in 2 days!  Yay!
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.
  • Caught up on news, emails, social media.
  • Some calendar work and filing.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • Work.  A couple deadlines and a lot of other stuff.
  • Put away laundry.
  • A little reading, exercise, and housework.
  • Bills & more filing.
  • Box some hand-me-downs.
  • Deal with housemate's packing helper.
  • TKD - 5:45 or 6:30 class.
  • Kids' work - whatever homework / quiz study for tomorrow.  They only have a half day of classes tomorrow though.
  • Choose 4 board games for kids to take on Friday field trip to nursing home.  Play the games so we know / remember the rules / make sure we have all the pieces?
  • Make sure kids have $$ for lunch after field trip.
  • Read-aloud(s).
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Hi Kelly,   I have been praying for you especially lately because a member of our church has ALS and his wife is on Facebook and they had an interview on the news last week too.  it reminds me of you (and my mom).  I know you aren't sure of diagnosis and other than stress kills, my other slogan is Nobody knows nothing( and yes, this is a scientific statement as they are considering whether Einstein\s general relativity is actually true everywhere).  It sure is so hard getting proper diagnosis and who even knows how everything is related. 

but more importantly, how are you doing?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Snuggle with boys in bed

coffee

read

shower

laundry (load one in progress)

school boys (in progress)

lunch

work on supper 

Girls one-on-one

out and about: dd13 to play practice; dd14 to get her dress hemmed for the upcoming co op formal; ds8 to soccer practice 

home to supper 

Somehow I managed to get involved in helping dd14 bake about a million frozen cookies for a church event.  😅

Edited by hopeistheword
Bake not back
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

Good Morning!

• pick up medicines at Publix and take bp med (of course, they didn't call in one medicine correctly so I have to drive to show them box)
  • laundry
  • trip planning
  • talking to pharmacists (1 down), making appointments, picking up more meds/// if in, dropping off dead meds, returning library books 
  • take shot at 11am
  • ancestry.com
  • try to find someone to talk with (psych, Stephen Minister, etc)
  • what the hell is wrong w/ my brain (print out article)
  • check if my doctor responded to article request or how to get access to JAMA article
  • dinner/
  • stress kills
  • What kind of hepatitis do I probably have- drug induced (which one) or autoimmune or fluke of testing/?

I’m sorry you’re struggling, Chris.  Are you the Chris who lives in north Alabama?

• Like 5

Ok, I am back from dealing with some FIL-related drama this morning. As expected, certain people who have been suspected of dipping into FIL's money are very, very unhappy that dh is now his guardian and will be overseeing all financial transactions, signing all checks, and holding the credit cards. It is an ugly situation and I very much wish that FIL would have gotten his affairs in order years ago so that dh didn't have to bear the burden of cleaning up this mess.

The weather is lousy here today - snow, rain, thunderstorms, and heavy winds. Planning to stay inside as much as possible...

• finish my morning chores that didn't get done
  • school w/dd
  • office work (banking & a few bills)
  • vacuum main floor
  • figure out weekend plans
  • laundry - wash blankets
  • dinner: ?? dh has a golf lesson tonight, so it might be frozen pizza
  • Like 8

Did some desk work and checked Dd's math.  Not going to make it to the bookstore today. 

I have a cold and my sinuses are hurting. Took 1 benadryl. Two would knock me flat and I need to drive this afternoon. 

Next up: Ibuprofen and a power nap.

• Like 6

Selkie, sorry about the mess, But I am glad you guys will be handling things. It is a good reminder for all of us to make plans for the future.

The snow is starting to melt- I uncovered all my plants and they look okay. They will need to be covered for the next few nights. 

ds3 is better- eating breakfast and starting school- I am assuming tennis later.

Next up: airport run

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ugh I just got an email from my kids' teacher about dress code for tomorrow's field trip.  They are being asked to wear school blue tee-shirts.  Bottoms have to be jeans or pants.  My kid does not wear jeans or pants.  😕

I assume she will wear the t-shirt on top and a skirt on the bottom.  Awkward and annoying.

Maybe for next year, we should buy a blouse in the school blue color for times like this ....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Kitchen is clean and dishwasher is running.

Second load of laundry is ready for the drier.

Horse chores are done - put down fresh bedding and gave them extra hay because it is cold and so windy.

Butterscotch, the leader of my herd (or Grand Poobah, as we call him), gets super spooky and agitated whenever the wind hits 40mph. The rest of the herd follow his lead, so they are all out there behaving like cranky maniacs.🙄

• Like 5

I just spent like 20 minutes walking around and around my house looking for my phone and coffee cup.  They were in my kid's closet.  I put them down on a shelf while looking to see if she had any kind of shirt in school blue.  And promptly forgot.

Please tell me this is temporary midlife brain fog ....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My charger with the cord seems to have disappeared from the kitchen counter. I don't think dd2 took it- the prime suspect is always dh. Surely not my own middle-age fog!

The airport drop-off was like pit row. All those cancellations yesterday are flying out today as well as the regular flights. 

Next up: Lunch, write, tennis drop-off

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SKL said:

I'm sorry so many of you are having troubles today.  I do realize my dumb little complaints are nothing in comparison.

no, they really aren't.  About 15 years ago, when i was in much better shape,  I remember having this type of exact issue.  Extremely frustrating and stress causing. And letting off steam is good because STRESS KILLS.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Snuggle with boys in bed

coffee

read

shower

laundry (ongoing)

school boys

lunch

work on supper

Girls one-on-one (with one; ran out of time for both, though I did help her through some sticky geometry)

home to supper 

I’m patting myself on the back because I more or less have supper done. All we’ll have to do is come home after soccer practice and warm it up. 👍🏼

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

Found the charger and cord- dh plugged it in behind the toaster oven to charge his phone while making breakfast. Why? 

Of course, I might have found it earlier, if I remembered I toasted a slice of bread around 10 am today.

It's still in there.

My charging cord ends up in the same place when I’m working in the kitchen! 🤪

• Like 4

I have one charger left.  All of them have been taken by kids or dh ( and this is a continuing problem)  Mostly one of my kids but i know another one took one and probably a third.  And then my dh took the ones I bought cause they had taken his.  Just another thing I have to do before Sat night.  ( We have a 50% risk of severe storms Sat to Sun night and the ones  that happened this week weren't supposed to be that bad but actually we got a few tornadoes.  These are supposed to be worse.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Snuggle with boys in bed

coffee

read

shower

laundry (ongoing)

school boys

lunch

work on supper

home to supper

I also managed to deliver about ten dozen sugar cookies to church AND run by Walmart to pick up some pants for dd13’s play costume. 👊🏼

• Like 4