Menu

Supercharged Science?

mykidsrmyjoy

My kid was lucky enough to use a few of the dvds with another mom.  He LOVED it.  The science is presented in such an interesting way and there were a lot of hands on experiments.  I was very impressed with how well done it was.  I think the lessons were geared toward middle school, but I'm not sure.

However, I'm only seeing the e-science subscription on HBC.  That's for the streaming.  I'm not sure I'd pay that much for something I didn't get to keep.

I'm pretty sure it's the DVDs. It's called Ultimate Science curriculum and it's by Supercharged Science (link below).

We're more of a History/Bookworm family around here, although my girls love to do Mystery Science lessons, which has been what I've used this past year. Is it time-consuming to gather all needed supplies and set everything up? I also have 3 preschoolers and need something very simple or it probably won't get done. 

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/ultimate-science/?source=HSBC-2019-04-09&utm_source=Offer Emails&utm_campaign= HSBC-2019-04-09&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8m27IX2X2vHPnU1hJVqAnrXruTIRamPxMSSkU6HHcL30nvyp0OucXc5EQDicClqWKyjjrmNCnF7fUB6vuiXpPPYkEdPw

Edited by mykidsrmyjoy
Added link
  • Like 1

Oh!  I may have to jump on that!

I am not sure on the supply lists.  I'll ask the other mom and see her opinion.  She's the type to have wall-to-wall science stuff, though, which is why it was so nice for my kid to go to her house.  She could pick out whatever needed and not even think about it.

Actually, I just found a link to the supply lists in the FAQ on the Supercharged site (What If I Don't Have Time To Get All The Stuff Needed For The Projects?).  You can judge for yourself: https://www.superchargedscience.com/mastery.htm#faq

I looked into this and the subscription is very appealing, but I just can't do another science that doesn't come with everything.  Running around for supplies makes me absolutely insane.  Especially the things that are supposed to be "common household items" that we are always out of.  I wish it was organized by topics and that they sold kits that were complete per topic or complete for the month or something.  

We used the robotics unit for a while.  The science and activities are totally awesome. The only reason we didn’t keep going with it is because my kid really couldn’t handle the presenters style - she talks really fast and he just found her irritating.  

She fairly regularly offers free trial lessons so maybe you could do a couple first just to make sure that’s not an issue for you.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:12 AM, kristin0713 said:

I looked into this and the subscription is very appealing, but I just can't do another science that doesn't come with everything.  Running around for supplies makes me absolutely insane.  Especially the things that are supposed to be "common household items" that we are always out of.  I wish it was organized by topics and that they sold kits that were complete per topic or complete for the month or something.  

Yup!  

And even worse I’m in Aus so what’s “common” in America is often less common here or has a totally different name!