Menu

What's with the ads?

angelaguptathomas

Everest Base Camp-Here I Come! (UPDATE with Photos)

how much experience to you have at that altitude?  stay safe and have a good time.

dh grew up with dsil's cousin - who summited Everest at least once (without oxygen), and not sure how many attempts. (I know of at least one other that was unsuccessful within 2000ft.)  he said the sunrises were gorgeous - but no one wanted to get out of their tents if they didn't have to because it was so cold.

Hats off to you! When I turned fifty, I sat at a beach, nibbling smoked salmon, congratulating myself for having made it this far...🤣

Looking forward to pics and updates.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

I hope that I am as adventurous as you are (and physically fit!) when I turn 50! Good wishes for a safe trip!

9 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

how much experience to you have at that altitude?  stay safe and have a good time.

dh grew up with dsil's cousin - who summited Everest at least once (without oxygen), and not sure how many attempts. (I know of at least one other that was unsuccessful within 2000ft.)  he said the sunrises were gorgeous - but no one wanted to get out of their tents if they didn't have to because it was so cold.

I will be taking Diamox and acclimation days are built into the schedule.  Hydration and a slow pace will also help.

• Like 2

WOW-- sounds like an awesome experience-- cant' wait to see pictures.

Have a fun SAFE time!

Wow. I'm fascinated & awed by mountain climbers.

Safe travels & climbing!

Really looking forward to seeing photos when you are able to post them.

• Like 1

I went to Nepal two years ago when I was 47.  The group I went with stayed in Kathmandu for a week and then trekked to a village for several days to stay in a homestay.  We went with a company called Five14 Nepal.  This was my first real trip outside the states.  I am so glad I went.   The people and the mountains are beautiul.

Looking forward to OP's follow up.

• Like 1

Oh how exciting.   My DH and I hiked to Annapurna base camp a number of years ago.  Nepal is just amazing and the people are so wonderful.  Have a fabulous trip!   I’m super jealous.  

It looks amazing!  I want to go back!  Enjoy!

Awe-inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

Wow.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.   I think you are amazing.  I am so glad you took that first step and achieved that.  Wow.  I am so glad that you had a great trip and an amazing experience. 

That's amazing and I love your book idea.

Wow. It looks so cold, and from you wrote it was COLD. I feel so wimpy.

What a step off the beaten path! Congratulations. You have COURAGE and an incredible sense of adventure.  Let us know when your book gets published. 

Edited by Liz CA

Wow, what amazing pictures!  Thanks so much for posting them.