Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

looks like we're going to take a spring break after all.  (Except for academic testing on Tuesday.)

pet store

get the kitchen back to normal

get laundry back to normal.

not really sure what else.  I have had 3 pain flares in 5 days and I am feeling a bit ginger about the whole pushing myself thing right now.  Will take each day as it comes. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Howdy!

I was a bit conflicted about whether I should stay up late or get up early to finish some work / review kids' homework.  I ended up napping and waking and napping and waking ... finally out of bed (presumably for good) around 4am.

• I put in a load of laundry after I realized my kid does not have a skirt to wear (I told her she did ... my bad).
  • Getting some work done - working with our guys in India so I can send a report to a client this morning.

To do:

• I am supposed to be reviewing homework.
  • Need to switch out the laundry pretty soon.
  • Kid 1 wants to wake up at 5:45 to finish some homework.  (She wants help with some essays, so no work for a while.)
  • Kid 2 up, both kids packed and off to school.
  • Clean the kitchen, bathrooms, some clutter.
  • Email to driver re kids' schedule for this week.
  • More work.
  • Need to pick up a colleague at the airport this morning.
  • Some exercise, reading.
  • Finish the laundry.
  • Bills, calendar, filing, random school stuff.
  • Shelve some books, box some hand-me-downs.
  • Kid 1 has track & gymnastics, but I'm not sure ... should probably skip gymnastics since she has a big test on Tuesday.
  • Work with kids on homework, test study.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work or sleep.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Morning, all!

coffee, etc

figure out exactly who’s in my creative writing class and send email to parents with coffee shop menu for orders for last day poetry slam/“teatime” 

School prep

discuss soccer practice with dh before he leaves for work (except it’s raining buckets at the moment, so maybe it’ll be too wet again)

co op prep (time permitting—would be nice!)

laundry (in process—load in dryer; dry flat clothes spread all over the bed)

call about color copies

return Spanish curriculum call (didn’t know I had a voicemail from them until dh saw it on my phone last night🙄)

think about supper (In crockpot)

boy wrangling (forever)

go over dd13’s math test with her

set dd14 up with her Spanish test

school with boys

lunch

finish with boys if necessary 

girls’ one-on-one (Interrupted by a phone call)

dd13 to play practice

make copies

Cc class

grocert store for co op stuff

prep co op

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 7

Good morning!  

-coffee
-DS17 off to school

-get co-op paperwork in order
-school with DS14
-appear in person at new co-op to sign up for classes for next year (pre calc, chem, Spanish II and engineering)
-call HVAC - upstairs AC unit not keeping up (and it is only spring - ugh, we knew the systems would need to be replaced when we bought the house, just not so soon)
-get a handle on laundry
-get a handle on kitchen 
-call eye doc for both kids (DS17 needs more contacts, DS14's prescription will need to be upped as he is constantly squinting)
-talk to DS17 about prom, figure out where closest tux place is
-dinner (not the first idea at this point)
-watch an episode (or two) of 24 with the family

• Like 7

Good morning!

• school w/dd
  • my usual Monday office work - sorting through the pile on my desk and figuring out what needs doing
  • label ziploc bags for collecting manure samples from each horse
  • dust/vac/magic eraser main floor
  • laundry, of course
  • figure out what to put in kids' Easter baskets (this was so much easier when they were little - I miss Legos and stuffed bunnies)
  • make almond milk and hibiscus tea
  • look into some garage organization ideas - need more shelves or bins or something, so ds20's tools and car parts aren't strewn all over the place
  • read
  • dinner: kung pao noodles
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Jean, I hope you feel better soon!

Selkie, I can still do Legos for ds, but dd is past stuffed bunnies and it does make Easter baskets harder! I need to get that shopping done this week!

Today:

school

house cleaning that didn't happen Saturday.

Ds to/from swimming.

AHG stuff

Prep cooking for later this week? 

Watch basketball!!!!

Dinner is reuben casserole and rye toast. 

• Like 6

Good morning! I hope you are all doing well.

Spring break is over. I enjoyed my time with dd so much! Ds had a great trip to the Appalachian Trail. His youth drama group goes every year to minister to hikers. They grill hamburgers and give out snacks/water. They pray with hikers who will allow them to do so. 

Done:

• the usuals (cats, coffee, dh's breakfast and lunch)
  • sent the physics labs sheets for printing

To Do:

• meals 
  • school with ds
  • tutor 1 student
  • pick up a friend and drop her off  she doesn't have to go now 
  • meet a co-op mom for some planning stuff (She will train with me next year to take over as co-op director the next year. I want to go ahead and pass the torch by ds' senior year.)
  • take ds to swim   Dh offered to take him instead of me taking him!
  • prepare physics test
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning! dh left early to get in a last day of spring skiing. dd2 is moving slowly... Those official visits are exhausting- can't believe she has two more in the next two weeks. ds3 should be home late tonight-I think the coach will give him a ride home. Probably should double check on that!

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • write
  • water/weed
  • laundry
  • kitchen
  • SAT tutor
  • library- dh has overdue books
  • jen things
  • leftovers for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Morning, all!  Jean, I hope you feel better soon.   

My goal for today:  All I want is for these back spasms to go away...too much time on couch because of the toe surgery.  I am counting the minutes until doctor's office opens.  I've exhausted every over the counter remedy.  All ears to those who have had this before...

No work, no school...lots of tv and computer time

Watch basketball game tonight

Dh will bbq steak for dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Homework is reviewed & revised / completed.

Kids got off to the school bus on time.

2 loads of laundry done & folded / put away.  3rd is ready to go in.

Cleaned kitchen / bathrooms.

Texted our driver.

Fed the critters.

Prepared a return for Pat Catan's (have not returned it yet).

Picked up colleague from the airport.

Accomplished a little reading.

Caught up on news / social media.

Got some "work" work done.  Still a little behind on that though.

Kids' science & gym teacher replied to an email and said I was a great parent.  OK, I'll go with that, LOL.

• Like 6

I have a migraine brewing, but have managed to get some things done:

On my third load of laundry

Put away a basket of towels

Cleaned a bathroom

Cleaned kitchen

Did horse chores

Collected the first manure sample for the vet

Scrubbed a water bucket (dopey horses keep pulling their water buckets out of the bucket holders and dragging them around and playing with them, getting them filthy in the process 🙄)

Filled water tank

Made almond milk

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning, all!

coffee, etc

figure out exactly who’s in my creative writing class and send email to parents with coffee shop menu for orders for last day poetry slam/“teatime” 

School prep

discuss soccer practice with dh before he leaves for work (except it’s raining buckets at the moment, so maybe it’ll be too wet again)

call about color copies

return Spanish curriculum call (didn’t know I had a voicemail from them until dh saw it on my phone last night🙄)

boy wrangling (forever)

school with boys

lunch

girls’ one-on-one

dd13 to play practice

make copies 

Cc class

prep co op

I’m feeling quite accomplished today EXCEPT the boys are outside, muddy, on the wet trampoline.  

And my floor needs to be mopped desperately. 

• Like 5

I bought one of those icy hot tens machines.  It has helped a little, taking my mind off spasms.  

Took dd to school for her elective classes, got her lunch on the way back.  I stopped at urgent care but apparently we are not in the right network to use this one.  Too bad, because it's right down the street from the house.  I have a call in to dr for muscle relaxants, have reached my limit on Advil and Aleve.  Warning labels frighten me...is it really bad to take another one?  

Dh is having the boys over tonight for dinner, basketball game.  Not up for company, but ds1 needs our support right now.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, readinmom said:

I bought one of those icy hot tens machines.  It has helped a little, taking my mind off spasms.  

Took dd to school for her elective classes, got her lunch on the way back.  I stopped at urgent care but apparently we are not in the right network to use this one.  Too bad, because it's right down the street from the house.  I have a call in to dr for muscle relaxants, have reached my limit on Advil and Aleve.  Warning labels frighten me...is it really bad to take another one?  

Dh is having the boys over tonight for dinner, basketball game.  Not up for company, but ds1 needs our support right now.  

Yes, it is bad to take more than the limit on NSAids.  It can tear up your stomach and can seriously hurt your liver. 

If you can, take an epsom salt bath while waiting for the muscle relaxants.  The magnesium can work as well as muscle relaxants. 

• Like 6

I finally sent out review files for the current "big project."  The government changed its reporting system and I'm cutting my teeth on this client at the moment.  Not sure how far I actually am from having it done.  It is going to be a late night / early morning again.

Why can't anything just be easy?

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

37 minutes ago, readinmom said:

So sorry, readinmom! That sounds miserable.🙁I hope the pain goes away soon!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Morning, all!

coffee, etc

School prep

call about color copies

boy wrangling (forever)

school with boys

lunch

girls’ one-on-one (Interrupted by a phone call)

dd13 to play practice

make copies

Cc class

prep co op

I feel so ahead of the game tonight! All I have to do for the rest of the night is prep our co op stuff. And I only really have one class to prep for tomorrow because the others are poetry tea times that just require me to gather books and snacks, etc. 🎉🎉

• Like 5

I sent an email and am hoping the gremlins work hard overnight so I can pick it up in the early morning.

I told my kid I'm waking her at 4am to finish homework / study, kuz I sent her to bed early.  It's been that kind of night.  Hopefully some good attitude fairies do some magic on both of us while we sleep.

Only 6.5 more weeks of school.  Not that anyone's counting!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2