Menu

dinner plans this week

Elizabeth86

Monday - Salmon and broccoli

Tuesday - Burgers and veggies and chips (no dh, so it needs to be simple or I won't do it)

Wednesday - chicken pot pie i made a few weeks ago and froze. The weather is warming up and chicken pot pie season is ending (in the menu book in my head, don't tell dd)

Thursday - Pepper Been Salad and some wholegrain sourdough

Friday - pizza night with salad. I make 4 pizza crusts at a time and freeze them, and a large batch of sauce and freeze that, so most weeks I don't have to make either, or else just one of them.

Saturday - pork tenderloin with frozen vegetables

• Like 1

Sunday: Gnocchi with porcini mushrooms
Monday: Chicken with goat-cheese mashed potatoes
Tuesday: vegetarian curry
Wednesday: beef stir fry over lo mein noodles
Thursday: tacos, black beans, rice
Friday: leftovers or tortellini with pesto, salad, and bruschetta.
Saturday: No idea.  We'll see.  It may be breakfast for dinner.

• Like 1

Tonight - roast, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower

Tomorrow - beef stroganoff w/ leftover roast, salad, homemade bread

Tuesday - tacos

Wednesday - sausage fried rice (DS's night to cook and this is his idea)

Thursday - homemade pizza, mozzarella sticks, applesauce

Friday - date night so DH and I are going out, kids are having frozen pizza

Saturday - chicken cordon bleu casserole, mashed potatoes, brussles sprouts

Sunday: black bean soup, soft tacos with leftover grilled chicken (or quesadilla if you prefer)
Monday: French toast, sausage links, apple salad
Tuesday: Spaghetti and bacon
Wednesday: pick up pizza after the track meet
Thursday: grocery store fried chicken, green salad, something else

Life with a picky eater.

• Like 1

Tonight we had noodles with gochujang, tofu, and vegetables

Monday- garbanzo beans and fried halloumi with tomato cucumber pomegranate salad

Tuesday- chicken with ferik and leftover cucumber pomegranate salad

Wednesday- fish.  Ds usually makes some kind of lemon sauce and makes sautéed peppers and rice to go with it.

Thursday- khachapuri

I only ever get as far as Thursday because we have a Friday/Saturday weekend.

• Like 2

Sunday - salmon patties, green beans, rice
Monday - Reuben casserole, rye toast
Tuesday - Chx fajitas
Wednesday - dinner at church! (Chx with a cream sauce and veggies)
Thursday - Soup and sandwiches/salad
Friday - Pulled Pork BBQ, slaw, baked beans
Saturday - something with ground beef

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

Tonight: not cooking

Monday: Thai curry Brussels sprout soup

Tuesday: Kung pao noodles

Wednesday: Enchiladas verdes, rice

Thursday: BBQ lentil sloppy joes, slaw, roasted baby potatoes

Friday: Italian peas and pasta soup

Saturday: Rainbow veggie bowls with roasted chickpeas 

Sunday: Gnocchi with red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, & pizza sauce

• Like 1

Tonight - fend for yourself (I roasted a bunch of veggies and had them with leftover chicken and Alfredo sauce)

Monday - chicken Parmesan, Brussels sprouts, probably some type of pasta for the kids

Tuesday - I think I will throw some chicken and salsa in the crockpot for chicken tacos, some type of mexi-cauli rice (anyone have a good recipe?)

Wednesday - picking dh up from the airport, so we will probably stop for chipotle or something on the way home

Thursday - I’m out of town all day for work, so do will likely grill either chicken or steak with  maybe a salad in the side?

Friday - not sure  I really wish I could find a low-carb pizza crust  that I like. It would be fun to have a Friday pizza night.

• Like 1

I'm getting great ideas from this thread! I won't be able to use them until after we move but I'm craving some good dinners! Ours our looking like frozen pizza, frozen rav, frozen waffles with peanut butter, quesadillas, use-up-all-the-food salad, pb and j, grilled cheese. Blah! I'm thinking I'm going to cook up some homemade real food this week to freeze before I pack the kitchen.

In no particular order, with some being lunches:

Steak with garlic-sherry vinaigrette

Sauteed chicken breast with mustard-cream sauce

Salmon of some sort

Flounder of some sort

Meatballs - make a huge batch with hidden veggies and liver, and freeze the excess

Quiche (such a surprising crowd-pleaser!)

Pizza

Pasta and cucumbers as sides for picky kids

Tons of chopped salads. I've been liking chickpea, cucumber, celery, and kalamata olives lately.

We also have lots of veggies sides. I'm not as carnivorous as this list might make it seem. 😉 I just buy as I go, and then prepare whatever sounds good that day.

7 hours ago, DesertBlossom said:

Do you have recipe links for these?

Yes! Let me see if I can do it from my phone .....

Instant Pot Potato soup https://www.livinglocurto.com/baked-potato-soup-instant-pot/

General Tso’s Chicken https://momswithcrockpots.com/crockpot-general-tsos-chicken/

Burrito Bowls https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowls-207333?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed&utm_content=custompinrecipe&crlt.pid=camp.T5ZCnaBSSVPz&crlt.pid=camp.6W7DiD744TOH

For the French Dip sandwiches: I slice an onion, put it on the bottom of the crockpot. Put a London Broil roast on top of the onion slices. Pour in a cup or so of beef broth. Cook all day until the roast falls apart. That’s it!!!

11 hours ago, scbusf said:

Yes! Let me see if I can do it from my phone .....

Instant Pot Potato soup https://www.livinglocurto.com/baked-potato-soup-instant-pot/

General Tso’s Chicken https://momswithcrockpots.com/crockpot-general-tsos-chicken/

Burrito Bowls https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowls-207333?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=managed&utm_content=custompinrecipe&crlt.pid=camp.T5ZCnaBSSVPz&crlt.pid=camp.6W7DiD744TOH

For the French Dip sandwiches: I slice an onion, put it on the bottom of the crockpot. Put a London Broil roast on top of the onion slices. Pour in a cup or so of beef broth. Cook all day until the roast falls apart. That’s it!!!

Thanks for the burrito bowl recipe! It’s  in the crockpot now! 😊

I think tacos or nachos are on the list for tonight. Probably burgers one night. One night, DH and I will probably go out for dinner (with babyman), so the kids will probably want pizza. 

With the weather warming up, and me emerging from the post-newborn phase, that probably means we will get back to lots of salads. Chicken caesar salad is always a favorite of my husband. We can probably use a round of southwestern jalapeno pepper grilled chicken salad too. 

Monday: Pasta Carbonara and Salad (or plain spaghetti and peas), Brazilian Cheese Balls
Tuesday: Turkey and Cheese Crescent Rolls, Fruit and Raw Veggies (leftovers for DH)
Wednesday: Ham and Bean Soup, Sandwiches, Fruit and Raw Veggies
Thursday: Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole, Leftover Ham, Steamed Carrots
Friday: Junk Food Night (Frozen Pizza, Taquitos, and Tater Tots)
Saturday: TBD (depends on weather, plans, sales, what sounds good...)
Sunday:  Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Baked Beans, Broccoli, Corn, Hockey Puck/Ding Dong Cake

We are vegan so our meals are a bit different...

Monday: Patatas Bravas (recipe: http://theversatilevegans.com/2018/12/17/patatas-bravas-w-smoked-chickpea-stew-two-cream-sauces-v-gf-of/)

Tuesday: Thai Green Curry Vegetables with Tofu over Basmati Rice

Wednesday: Loaded Sweet Potato Chili Fries (recipe: http://theversatilevegans.com/2018/05/07/loaded-sweet-potato-chili-fries-w-cashew-nacho-cheese-oil-free-gluten-free/)

Thursday: Salads- with lettuce, fresh veggies, herbs, roasted veggies, nuts/seeds and beans

Friday: Haven't planned that far out yet.

Edited by Donna

Mon- chicken tacos and salad 

Tues- loaded baked potatoes and salad 

Wednesday Breakfast for dinner- pancakes and eggs and fruit 

Thursday- grocery day, so whatever strikes our fancy while shopping that day! often nachos, salads, or pizzas are the cholce, lol. 

Friday- ??? will make the rest of the week's plans after the shopping day! 

Yesterday/Monday-- rotisserie chicken from Costco

Tuesday -- chicken pot pie

Wednesday -- Manwich (track meet night, plus DH won't be home, and he dislikes sloppy joes. Easy for me to make ahead and reheat when we walk in the door at 7:30 or later)

Thursday -- corned beef hash with frozen leftover roast from St. Patrick's Day

Friday -- Penne pasta with some fresh basil and mozzarella that I have leftover and need to use up. May add homemade meatballs from my freezer.

Saturday -- chili

Sunday -- eat out with extended family to celebrate spring birthdays