Menu

Accountability Thread 4/7-4/13

Good morning! I woke up with a bad back. Doubt much will be done today that involves more lifting than a sack of flour. I have editing and revisions to do for 100 pages today, a synopsis to add to, and proof, and I'd like to finish all of chapter one of a rewrite I'm working on. And I might nap. I need to do some curriculum research too for upcoming summer term.

• Sad 1

Critter- I hope your back pain is better today! 

Here's my plan for today: we have a ton of board games and learning games on a shelving unit in the school room. The little guy gets into them and mixes up the pieces. So I made a deal with the big kids that if they get all the pieces in the correct game boxes so I can pack them, I'll let them have the day off of bookwork. They haven't started on the project yet, so we'll see if they pull it off. 😊 

I am packing all day long minus the frequent kid interruptions- packing with kids takes forever!

We'll do read alouds and independent reading at the end of the day when we are all ready to wind down.

• Like 1

Critter & HSL hope you both get pain relief soon.

DH has overtime today.

School done this morning. Writing practice, math lesson and ETC online (I have to sit with her or she will just guess and push a button). Bible story, devotions, calendar and weather. 

Hunted half the morning for her eyeglasses. Praise the Lord we found them!

Cleaning the place (in sections).

Picked DH up and fed him then took DD to the park to play. Ice cream after.

DH has mens Bible study tonight. Dd and I will be out at the jungle gym. 

Currently they are cuddling and watching science shows. 

DH has OT tomorrow too. We have storytime. 

• Like 2

Good morning! I'm ready for the day, well I still have comfy pants on for now lol, and I've had my breakfast, coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, and got the laundry started. Feeling like I'm off to a good start today! 

My plan is to get started packing now since the kids are just waking up and starting breakfast. Then I'll have them come find me and just sit nearby while they each do a math lesson and a writing lesson. We'll see how much I can get done before I have to take ds in for allergy injections this afternoon. I should have another car full of donations to get rid of by the time we go.  

• Like 2

Good morning. All set up to tackle another 100 pages of story, finish a fourth draft of a synopsis, and then a first draft of another. Lots to do today. Boys are set for Latin, Algebra, Geometry, Literature, History, Science.

• Like 2

Dropped DH at work.

DD wanted to draw and write a note to Great Grandma early this morning. Spent time painting her ceramics and herself. So off to the bath for her.

Breakfast, phonics (ETC online demo) and then Alphablocks (phonics) cartoon.

We need to do devotions, memory verse, Bible story and writing practice. 

Storytime with crafts this morning at the library. Play with other kids after.

The park for playtime. Beautiful outside today.

She listened to an audiobook early this morning and requested another. We will finish second one on way to library. 

She is bummed that Daddy is working on their day but I said she can have their day tomorrow.

• Like 2

Morning. Editing continues. Got 144 pages left. Can I do 100 today? Maybe. Some emotionally intense stuff, and I may break down after 50. Other than that, I'm writing another synopsis, need to track down a few people to read it when I'm finished, and then adjust and edit it on Friday or Saturday. I have a river trip planned for Friday just for a day of doing little but imagining and writing what comes up. Chance of poems is anticipated.

The boys are in a great mood this morning, humming Christmas carols for some reason. They have a usual day of Algebra, Geometry, Literature, History and Science today. They finished their level in KISS, and I think they may have gone as far as they need there. Image Grammar is next, because it's time to take that foundation and play with it in writing. So looking forward to finishing this current revision, and taking about a week to play with school stuff for summer.

• Like 1

Well, yesterday did not go as planned. I still got a lot done, just different things than what I thought.

We had an activity after dinner last night. I did not want to be too worn out for that and I realized how behind I was on laundry and how gross the house was getting, so I paused packing in favor of catching up on those chores. It feels so nice to have a clean house even with nothing on the walls and boxes stacked in the corners.

Today's plan is to knock out schoolwork with the big kids and go grocery shopping. 

• Like 1

This morning DD did calendar, weather, devotions, Bible story, phonics and she read to me.

Daddy is home and will be doing science, art and handwriting. 

We are working with her on telling time today.

Laundry mat 

Chores and spring cleaning. 

Bible study tonight.

• Like 2

Art is done. I couldn't paint. I couldn't draw. All of my creative energy is being pulled into the vortex of writing at the moment. Maybe next week? Boys did Math and Latina and art. After lunch we are going out to the river to relax. The boys want to explore and fish. I will take notebooks and do character work and more synopsis work. Just really wiped out trying to get the last of the revision work done.

• Like 1

Morning! Last day of revision to the MS! 50 more pages. Then I have another synopsis to write, and one to tweak. Then done???? For now? The boys have Algebra, Geometry, Latin, Literature, History, Science. I really need to tackle some of the house next week. Revision house is a thing.

• Like 1

I came here yesterday, read everyone's posts, and then forgot to post our plans! 😁 

Yesterday, we did basic lessons while youngest ds was on my lap all day with a fever. 😞 

Today is math and writing lessons again. They are watching a science show right now. 

No idea what else I'm going to accomplish. I'm not in a great mood and I pretty much want to crawl in a dark hole until it passes. 

On that note, have a great weekend everyone! 🤣

Lego club didn't happen. 

Storytime on Tuesday didn't happen. 

Today dropped DH off at work.

Grocery shopping 

Bible story, devotional, calendar, weather and handwriting page done.

Currently at storytime. It's a bird theme today with craft. Lots of kids. There is also a booksale at the library today. So we will be looking there.

Time at the park.

Lunch with Daddy

Still to do phonics and her read to me.

She has been listening to audiobooks this morning.