Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• visit w/ds20 when he comes over this morning
  • deal with the produce I bought yesterday (fridge is jammed full)
  • tidy up living room, sofas are in dire need of vacuuming
  • horse chores (put down fresh bedding, scrub buckets)
  • order kitty litter and dog food, also need to get a few things from Amazon
  • read
  • dinner: veggie burgers & fries
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

Busy day here!

off to coffee shop (probably Starbucks but thought about trying out a local place) to work on CC class (research papers to grade; poetry lecture to prepare) I never get as much done as I think I will.  All I accomplished is thinking through and writing my grading rubric.  

trip to Office Depot to copy my co-op students’ poems to compile poetry books for them (must print title page first!) I tried. 😖

Kohl’s to look for top for me? (Kohl’s Cash burning a hole in my pocket—lol) Ended up with a Chaps knit A-line dress—fitted at the waist and then a full skirt.  I didn’t love it on the hanger but when I put it on I immediately knew it was “the one.”  Lol. I like wearing dresses in the spring and summer, and I’ve gained some weight (ugh!), so I need a few things for warmer weather. 

Sam’s to buy meat and stuff for birthday party

home to get stuff together for party and wash hair, time permitting 

6 yo’s family birthday party hosted at my parents’ house because my mom is still house-bound 

home to do whatever else I didn’t get done and/or collapse  

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 4

Good morning! Our guys are camping, so dd and I have a quiet day by ourselves. 

Today:

meal plan and grocery shop

vacuum

clean bathrooms

get directions and go to a play

send printing order to Office Max

watch final four games! Wahoowa! 

church prep

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Morning, all!   I survived my toe surgery yesterday!  It took extra shots to numb up, but overall not a terrible experience.  It's throbbing a lot, and I'm on rest and elevation over the weekend, very thankful I checked out a stack of books from the library.  

To do:

coffee, hobble, more coffee

read, watch Netflix, read rough drafts of essays

ds might come over and watch the basketball games with me, maybe bbq something

That's it...not much else to do.  

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Dh headed out early for a day with his friends playing games and I have another day mostly to myself. It's like a mini-vacation. We are meeting later for the Rockies game- can't pass up some freebie tickets!

• coffee/paper
  • write
  • house chores
  • sit in sun and read for a while at lunch
  • write some more
  • catch the bus downtown
  • watch some baseball

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Happy Saturday!

I keep wanting to share something somewhere ... but it is so horrible and so funny at the same time.  (You may not agree it is funny.  IRL it is not funny, but it would go well in a sit-com.)  So my girls are both 12yo in 7th grade.  They have a very cute, artsy 13yo boy classmate / close friend "C."  Through friends, C lets DD1 know he wants to "ask her out."  (Not sure what that means when you are 3 years shy of driving age & live 7 miles apart.)  DD1 tells DD2 she only wants to be good friends, maybe a little more, but not boyfriend/girlfriend.  But she doesn't know how to say it.  DD2 (knowing what it means) advises DD1 to "tell him you want to be 'friends with benefits.'"  DD1 (not knowing) thinks that sounds good.  Luckily an intermediary [girl] friend "O," also 12, played ambassador, and when DD1 said "tell him I want to be friends with benefits," she got that look and said "no" and suggested better language.  Later DD1 asked O what "friends with benefits" meant.  Only then did she realize what a mess she almost got into.  ....  At dinner DD1 tells me all this and DD2 is laughing hysterically.  My advice to DD1 is to never ever ever repeat something if you don't know what it means.  !!

So ... on to today ....

Done: 

• Got Kid 2 to horse riding.
  • Organized some stuff in my car.
  • Coffeeing up.
  • Made arrangements for a weekend trip in July.
  • Texted with sister.
  • Work discussion.
  • Catching up on social media, emails, news....

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Plan kids' weekend homework and test study.  They have a lot of it!
  • All the laundry.
  • Prep for & participate in AHG girl's Stars & Stripes party.  (My kid is doing a scrapbooking station.)
  • Go for a practice run with my kids at a park.
  • Maybe watch some shows toward the end of the day.
  • Some read-aloud(s).
  • Whatever else gets done.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy day here!

off to coffee shop (probably Starbucks but thought about trying out a local place) to work on CC class (research papers to grade; poetry lecture to prepare)

trip to Office Depot to copy my co-op students’ poems to compile poetry books for them (must print title page first!)

Kohl’s to look for top for me? (Kohl’s Cash burning a hole in my pocket—lol)

6 yo’s family birthday party hosted at my parents’ house because my mom is still house-bound 

Went by Office Depot to do my business there and the price for color copies was 28 cents more per copy than advertised on their site. 😖. I’ll have to push that task off until Monday when some other print shops open. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, SKL said:

Happy Saturday!

I keep wanting to share something somewhere ... but it is so horrible and so funny at the same time.  (You may not agree it is funny.  IRL it is not funny, but it would go well in a sit-com.)  So my girls are both 12yo in 7th grade.  They have a very cute, artsy 13yo boy classmate / close friend "C."  Through friends, C lets DD1 know he wants to "ask her out."  (Not sure what that means when you are 3 years shy of driving age & live 7 miles apart.)  DD1 tells DD2 she only wants to be good friends, maybe a little more, but not boyfriend/girlfriend.  But she doesn't know how to say it.  DD2 (knowing what it means) advises DD1 to "tell him you want to be 'friends with benefits.'"  DD1 (not knowing) thinks that sounds good.  Luckily an intermediary [girl] friend "O," also 12, played ambassador, and when DD1 said "tell him I want to be friends with benefits," she got that look and said "no" and suggested better language.  Later DD1 asked O what "friends with benefits" meant.  Only then did she realize what a mess she almost got into.  ....  At dinner DD1 tells me all this and DD2 is laughing hysterically.  My advice to DD1 is to never ever ever repeat something if you don't know what it means.  !!

So ... on to today ....

Done: 

• Got Kid 2 to horse riding.
  • Organized some stuff in my car.
  • Coffeeing up.
  • Made arrangements for a weekend trip in July.
  • Texted with sister.
  • Work discussion.
  • Catching up on social media, emails, news....

To do:

• Lots of work.
  • Plan kids' weekend homework and test study.  They have a lot of it!
  • All the laundry.
  • Prep for & participate in AHG girl's Stars & Stripes party.  (My kid is doing a scrapbooking station.)
  • Go for a practice run with my kids at a park.
  • Maybe watch some shows toward the end of the day.
  • Some read-aloud(s).
  • Whatever else gets done.

Oh, my! That’s hilarious, like you said, IF it happened on tv and not IRL. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy day here!

off to coffee shop (probably Starbucks but thought about trying out a local place) to work on CC class (research papers to grade; poetry lecture to prepare) I never get as much done as I think I will.  All I accomplished is thinking through and writing my grading rubric.  

trip to Office Depot to copy my co-op students’ poems to compile poetry books for them (must print title page first!) I tried. 😖

Kohl’s to look for top for me? (Kohl’s Cash burning a hole in my pocket—lol)

So far I’m not feeling too accomplished.  I need to run by another coffee shop on my way home to see if I can negotiate a deal for fancy coffees for my co op creative writing class on Tuesday for our poetry teatime (coffee?)/ open mic for writing event. 

But first: shopping! 😅

Edited by hopeistheword
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, hopeistheword said:

Busy day here!

Kohl’s to look for top for me? (Kohl’s Cash burning a hole in my pocket—lol) Ended up with a Chaps knit A-line dress—fitted at the waist and then a full skirt.  I didn’t love it on the hanger but when I put it on I immediately knew it was “the one.”  Lol. I like wearing dresses in the spring and summer, and I’ve gained some weight (ugh!), so I need a few things for warmer weather. 

I just realized there WAS a reason I needed to go to Walmart, but now I have to go home first in order to refrigerate the groceries I bought at Sam’s.  🤪

• Like 3

Gorgeous spring day here! My yellow crocuses are blooming. (Just looked this up to see if it is crocuses or croci - turns out both are correct.) I think the chipmunks have been snacking on our bulbs, so I was happy to see that these made it through the winter uneaten.

Ds20 and I got things tidied up in the barn. He did some skid loader work, too -  our manure mountain is getting taller by the day, but the fields need to dry up before we can spread it. We groomed the horses, too.

Just sent him back off to school with five bags of groceries to share with his brother.

Did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, finally unpacked the UPS stuff in the garage.

I cut up spring onions and radishes for dh, roasted two cookie sheets of mushrooms, and made a celery root salad to go with dinner.

Now dd and I are going out to give the horses their dinner.

• Like 3