Menu

Anyone shop at Maurice’s?

sassenach

I buy most of my clothes at Maurice’s including jeans. 

Quality is similar to Kohl’s though maybe a bit inconsistent. Some shirts are heavier fabric than others. 

I really like the style. I’m 44 yo and a size 14 but I still want to look cute! I like that their clothes are very feminine but practical and actually fit me. 

I always buy on sale though. They are always running some kind of sale it seems.

• Like 4

I used to buy all my jeans from there because they were the only store that carried extra-petite lengths.  This was pre-internet shopping, and when bootcut and flare were in.  I didn’t think they were as well-made or comfortable once skinny jeans were in, so I switched to regular petite-length at Target (whenever I could find a pair in stock), and I stuff the extra 2” of denim into my boots.

I haven’t bought a top there in years, but I always liked the ones I had.  Made for people that look like they could still be wearing juniors but their drivers license says, “Ha, yeah, no.”

• Like 1

I find it hit or miss.  They have plus sizes and I found it really helpful when in that awkward post pregnancy stage where I really needed plus size but plus sizes didn't tend to look good.  But a few months ago I decided I hated everything in my closet and went to a mall that had one inside. I also got a few things at JJill & Dillards.  Both tops from Maurices started pilling with the very first wash, despite being washed on gentle and the label stating they were 100% cotton.  The second wash one of the shirts ripped in a way that had to be thrown out.  The third has relegated the remaining shirt to the pajama drawer.  It's super soft jersey, but so pilled I wouldn't dare wear it in front of anyone.  I seriously doubt it's cotton at all.  It feels like a rayon blend.  OTOH, I have a couple tanks and camisoles from there that I've had for years and still love. I definitely tend to be closer to a capsule wardrobe person than a huge closet person, and I still have little kids so it's rare something doesn't need to be washed every time I wear it, so I am hard on clothes.  Anyway I definitely wouldn't buy super soft cotton jersey from them now or in the next few years.

• Like 1

It's been hit or miss here too.

My oldest has a couple of shirts from Maurice. She keeps a tiny wardrobe, so she has worn these at least 1 time per week in the fall/winter for 3-4 years and they are still going strong. I just bought a tee for my middle DD, and it ripped in the wash the second time I washed it. They did return it with no hassles though. I bought myself a tee there a few weeks ago, and so far, I love it. I have a couple of shirts from thrift stores that are Maurice's and they've been wonderful.

• Like 1