Menu

High school transcript PLUS descriptive sheet of courses taken?

Ds16 will apply for the U of MN PSEO dual enrollment. A friend suggests that we do a descriptive sheet of the courses taken along with the transcript. 

Have you done this? What do you include in it? If you don't mind, can I see a sample of your sheet? Thanks! 

The deadline is April 15. So I will rush to have this done and hand deliver the material since it's only two miles from my home. 

JadeOrchidSong:

If you do prepare such paperwork for a dual enrollment application, you won't lose your investment — i.e., just a year or two from now, when preparing your son's regular college application, you can simply continue adding course content, credits, and grades to the records you've already begun to build.

Attached are 1) a sample transcript, and 2) a page from a course descriptions file. — These documents were build in Word, using templates distributed in the workshop Homeschooling the College-Bound Student.

A few recommendations, no matter what templates you use:

• In your course descriptions document, follow the exact sequence of coursework shown on the transcript. — The reason: An admissions officer may see a course on the student transcript and want to know more. If the sequence of your course descriptions mirrors that of the transcript, the officer can quickly locate the details on that particular course.
  • Give your records a professional look and feel. The more "put together" the appearance of your records, the greater an admission officer's confidence in the standards of your homeschooling.

Hope this is helpful, JadeOrchidSong, and gives you some ideas. 

—Roy Speed

HS transcript.pdf Course descriptions SAMPLE - page 1.pdf

• Like 1