Menu

What's with the ads?

Earthmerlin

Easy Drawing Instruction Videos

I'm looking for a series of (free) online vidoes that teach drawing techniques in a fun & simple format. My kid likes Kids Art Hub so something like that but with explicit instruction in technique (shading, etc.). We tried the Virtual Art Instructor but he's too verbose & serious--it fell flat. Anything less talky, more showing geared to kids--9 yr olds (& me, a complete novice)? 

• Like 1

Mark Kistler has some free ones on his site. His books are sometimes available cheap second hand, my kids liked Draw Squad.

John Muir laws has some nice nature drawing videos on YouTube too.

I like these videos, I think he teaches the drawing techniques quite well. I'm not sure if it's fun enough compared to kids art hub...

On 4/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Earthmerlin said:

I'm looking for a series of (free) online vidoes that teach drawing techniques in a fun & simple format. My kid likes Kids Art Hub so something like that but with explicit instruction in technique (shading, etc.). We tried the Virtual Art Instructor but he's too verbose & serious--it fell flat. Anything less talky, more showing geared to kids--9 yr olds (& me, a complete novice)? 

I think Kids Art Hub have some paid classes that are more technique based. 

My kids LOVE You are an Artist, and Nana. You can check out a free class here. I enjoy that it's very hands off for me. I just get my kids set up, and I can do laundry while they draw. 😍

• Like 1

On 14 avril 2019 at 8:40 PM, DiannaKennedy said:

I think Kids Art Hub have some paid classes that are more technique based. 

My kids LOVE You are an Artist, and Nana. You can check out a free class here. I enjoy that it's very hands off for me. I just get my kids set up, and I can do laundry while they draw. 😍

Hey I looked on the Kids Art Hub channel but couldn't find those paid lessons you mentioned. Any more specifics on how to find them?

9 hours ago, Earthmerlin said:

Hey I looked on the Kids Art Hub channel but couldn't find those paid lessons you mentioned. Any more specifics on how to find them?

I think you have to go to the actual Kids Art Hub site.

https://www.artforkidshub.com

Looks like the membership is closed for now. He may be revamping it. 

• Like 1